No announcement yet.

Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few news broadcasts of the outside world would help soothe some of my demons. In order for events in Jericho to have any impact, we need some kind of backdrop by which to contrast it. So far we got nothin' but a prolonged power outage and with all the super-generators in town, even that has lost what little edge it might have.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
      I think there was a power surge after the power was restored, and that's what blew the transformers. Is that a plausible explanation?
      Heh. I want to know the plausible explanation for the powerline suddenly coming dislodged from the transformer. Big deal if it blew. I wouldn’t care so much if it had at least taken out the idiot blond.

Michael Ausiello had this to say on TVGuide's site.

Question was: Question: Do we find out soon what Skeet did for the past two years on Jericho? Was he CIA?

His answer which includes an unrelated spoiler
      Spoiler:
      Ausiello: I have no clue! But exec producer Jon Turteltaub certainly does, as he makes clear in this exclusive, only-for-AA quote: "We will be finding out all sorts of things about Jake... what he was doing the past few years and why he left Jericho. As for whether or not he was CIA... I'm not telling." In other Jericho news, Emily's MIA fiancé? We're going to get our first look at him in late November.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982
        I think there was a power surge after the power was restored, and that's what blew the transformers. Is that a plausible explanation?
        Not really because that's what high-power circuit breakers/fuses in the power grid are for. That's why when a power surge occurs, the power goes out instead of transformers and other devices blowing up.

Comment

Tonight's ep (10/25):

Spoiler:
          TWO WEEKS LATER?! What a frakking RIP OFF!! Somehow that's even worse than the "One year later" on... another show. *eyes lurkers cagily*

Color me annoyed. And now? Getting sillier.

I need to learn how to embrace the ludicrous senility of this show...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

I need to learn how to embrace the ludicrous senility of this show...
            It's odd isn't it. I watch the show and think what the h*** most of the way through it, yet I am still watching and somewhat enjoying it. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
              It's odd isn't it. I watch the show and think what the h*** most of the way through it, yet I am still watching and somewhat enjoying it. Weird.
              I'm still watching but I'd hardly call this enjoyment. More and more I'm watching Top Model and that's sad because I never care if I miss that crap.

The tack they're taking on this apocalyptic mess is annoying. They're determined to deal with the twon from the perspective of normal people with problems. And their motives are too obvious.... I get it, everyone has secrets, even normal people. But basically what they've created is normal people who are either utterly boring or smackworthy. Not a single likeable or sympathetic one among them. They're little personal issues pale in comparison to the big dramatic problem they dance around every episode.

I can't help but feel this is heading into Wild West territory only even less interesting.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Perhaps enjoying is the wrong word. I'm still interested enough to stay tuned and hope that we get more info. I'm a little annoyed they're dragging everything out so much, but, still interested.

Comment

Oh, what I wouldn't give to have a nuke hit that cornfield.

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
                    Perhaps enjoying is the wrong word. I'm still interested enough to stay tuned and hope that we get more info. I'm a little annoyed they're dragging everything out so much, but, still interested.
                    The more they drag it out the more I wonder if the secret is worth discovering. All the little secrets they've revealed, small though they have been, haven't been too intriguing. I think they've overestimated the level of tension and drama in the events they're showing and at the end of every show they wreck what they've introduced with their uplifting take on things. I think the end of each episode is what does the most damage

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

They're starting up the webisodes again. BWAHAHA!

I wonder if it will be as appallingly bad as that first abortive attempt.

Comment

I never saw the first attempt at webisodes for Jericho.

The only "webisodes" I've ever seen was for Rockstar Supernova. Personally, I don't like the idea behind webisodes. On a side note, I want to kick myself for ever watching RS, even more so after watching the webisodes. Some of the performances were good and I'm glad I saw them, but the end result infuriated me.

ETA:

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                        The more they drag it out the more I wonder if the secret is worth discovering. All the little secrets they've revealed, small though they have been, haven't been too intriguing. I think they've overestimated the level of tension and drama in the events they're showing and at the end of every show they wreck what they've introduced with their uplifting take on things. I think the end of each episode is what does the most damage
                        At this point, I'll freely admit I've been suckered in. I cannot come up with any logical reasoning for staying tuned other than curiosity, whether it warrants it or not. I'm chancing dissapointment it seems, but oh well.
                        Last edited by CalmStorm; 25 October 2006, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Hawkins and his daugher were good this ep.

Wasnt really interested in that guy Jake was after, and how dale got involved.

Emp pulse was good.
                          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

After this latest episode, I don't think the show can be categorized as being scifi at all. It's clearly about relationships in a small town with some hints of conspiracy and people with a past. Never having lived in a small town, I don't know how realistic it all is but there were some nice moments.
                            Now that they've introduced the whole nuclear explosion aftermath idea, they don't seem all that interested in pursuing it.

I don't think we'll be seeing zombies anytime soon...
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                              After this latest episode, I don't think the show can be categorized as being scifi at all.
                              Was it ever Scifi?

This ep got me thinking about who shot the nukes. How many countries would be able to nuke that many cities, and launch ep pulse? I wouldnt think too many...
                              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                                After this latest episode, I don't think the show can be categorized as being scifi at all.

I don't think we'll be seeing zombies anytime soon...
                                Definitely not scifi. and such a pity. Zombies could really have made the show exciting. These people are too obnoxious to be anything other than human anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X