No announcement yet.

"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, what's really ironic, is that the girl who introduced it to me hates SG-1. Go figure.
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

I like the show a lot. I'm a big of Star Trek too.

I got really upset by last night's episode where Dylan finds that girl he loves through the singularity, but he can't bring her back. I weeped.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea what happend to the vedrans? Did the vedrans lose some conflict and were wiped out. is it dylans mission now to protect the humans and the other races trapped in that system. I keep thinking something happend to the vedrans and thier advanced technology was lost with them. Loved to here what other andromeda fans think dylans new mission is.

Comment

A new mission? I don't know. Thus far in the show it's been nothing but "Keep the common wealth going!" Heh. I doubt much will change.

Comment

Michael Shanks' "Andromeda" episode - 'Star-Crossed' - is scheduled to air on the SciFi Channel on Tuesday, November 2, at 8pm.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
            http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
            http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Proof-Positive
            http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Proof-Positive

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I think that the first mission will be to find Harper (that is if he's still on the show?) but after that, beats me. Maybe they want to find a way to escape that system?
              Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

I liked the first season somewhat actually, at least the premice. I think they lost their way plotwise after a while. I've hardly seen any of this seasons episodes. I really hated the episode where SG-1's Major Davis plays a part.

Comment

I loved Andromeda when it first started but I think it really started losing its way at the end of season two. The whole Magog plot was forgotten and season three was basically a weekly dose of Dylan-heroics (Dylan gets into a fight, seduces the female guest star, saves the day, etc).

I'm in the UK and we haven't seen season four yet, though I'm not too hopeful about the new episodes - especially now that Tyr's gone. Tyr and Harper were always my favourite characters and I loved the interaction between the two of them. Now it's just Harper left. I like Trance, but she never gets to do anything useful anymore. Or Beka come to think of it. Basically, Dylan just hogs the whole show.

Don't you just think Andromeda would be much better if there was a mutiny on board the ship and Harper took over as captain?

Originally posted by scififan777
                  I really hated the episode where SG-1's Major Davis plays a part.
                  Major Davis? Really?? I so need to see that episode!
                  "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Hmmmm in season 4 everyone get's to be the hero or get's to do something if memory serves me well
                    Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

After long ago abandoning Andromeda, I did make an attempt to watch the new season premiere. I did. Really. Lasted 10 minutes.
                      At that point, having endured the "Dylan the Superhero and Only Shining Light in the Universe" storyline, my eyeballs send down an urgent message that if I didn't stop immediately they would leap out of my eye sockets in protest.
                      Wanting to keep myself more or less intact through the bulk of my lifetime, I caved into their demand. Andromeda proves once again that sci-fi produces more than its fair share of lousy writing and stilted characters, and it is one reason the genre doesn't get much respect.
                      Thank heaven for Stargate and Firefly (RIP).

Comment

I think that the Acting is bad and character development is lacking. The overall concept is a good one, however it comes off (to me) as more fantasy/scifi. I think they tried to bridge the gap between Star Trek and Far Scape, while most people were expecting it to be more like the earlier of the two.

Comment

I watched most of the first season, but then stopped. I still liked it at that point but it aired at seemingly random times and it was hard for me to catch it. I tried watching one of the new episodes the other night and I couldn't last more than 10 minutes. Sorbo's acting was it's usual sub-par self, and I had no clue what was going on. But my biggest complaint is that they got rid of the main title music from the first season. I thought that song was really cool, but I guess TPTB thought otherwise.
                          MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

The newest episode was pretty interesting, although i wanted more Trance...
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

He was so gorgeous in that episode! It'll be a great way to pass the time waiting for the election returns.
                              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                              it has it's own laws and beats about things
                              which the intellect scorns."
                              - Mark Twain -

Comment

I thought it was cool seeing him in both Star-Crossed & "Day Of Judgement, Day of Wrath" (especially since Christopher Judge ("Teal'c") and JR Bourne (Tok'Ra "Martouf") were in it).
                                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                                X