• Show
Clear All

Season 2 went out with a bang!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      Season 2 went out with a bang!

So did Season 1

I hope they don't start season 2 with a deus ex machine but I think they will.

WTF "Spirit of the abyss" the lamest idea I have ever seen
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Oh, I don't know, I've seen worse. Magog, the devil spawn of Andromeda...

How did you like the later parts of season 1?
        sigpic

Comment

Oh, I don't know, I've seen worse. Magog, the devil spawn of Andromeda...

How did you like the later parts of season 1?

I didn't mind the 2nd half.....But the cliff hanger was a bit much. Just how can they get out of that?

Comment

Watch the next ep and see. But I understand what you mean, I asked the same question at the time.
            sigpic

Comment

Tyr & Beka are zombies...
              sigpic

Comment

Tyr & Beka are zombies...

Haha that would be funny to see. I am going to watch.

Funny that Trance turns out to be a living sun.... But they did hint at that in an earlier episode

Comment

Yeah, they did. How did you like the resolution to the end of the 1st season?
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, they did. How did you like the resolution to the end of the 1st season?

It felt like a Star Trek episode....

And I don't know how much input Roddenberry had into the series beyond a few ideas but for atheists they love supernatural beings. I find that very amusing, even in TOS, TNG, and DS9.. I just find that very ironic and humourous.

Comment

It's not unique to Roddenberry either, religion plays a big part in Babylon 5 as well, and JMS is IMO a more vocal atheist than Roddenberry ever was. Roddenberry died in 1991 so he certainly had no input in the scripts even though he's credited with the original idea.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's not unique to Roddenberry either, religion plays a big part in Babylon 5 as well, and JMS is IMO a more vocal atheist than Roddenberry ever was. Roddenberry died in 1991 so he certainly had no input in the scripts even though he's credited with the original idea.
                        Oh yeah love Babylon 5 and I know JMS is an atheist but I always find it funny that they shove these things into the show. Surely there should not be any such things in this if that's the case know what I mean?

Andromeda is kooky and weird but I'm sticking with it.......But then again you have Farscape and I love that show too and am half way through season 1 there.. That's just about as weird.. If not more so.

I had a weird thought. Imagine everyone from Farscape landing on Atlantis in SGA and then all the Andromeda crew also?

Comment

That would be funny, even if crossovers rarely work (Star Wreck is IMO one of the few exceptions).

I think both Roddenberry and JMS are/were realists enough to realize that religion as a social phenomenon, as distinct from basis for government, probably won't disappear any time soon. It probably will change, and I have a deep faith [sic] in that if we ever meet other intelligent beings in the universe, all our current beliefs will be affected by that, although there's no way of knowing how.
                          sigpic

Comment

That would be funny, even if crossovers rarely work (Star Wreck is IMO one of the few exceptions).

I think both Roddenberry and JMS are/were realists enough to realize that religion as a social phenomenon, as distinct from basis for government, probably won't disappear any time soon. It probably will change, and I have a deep faith [sic] in that if we ever meet other intelligent beings in the universe, all our current beliefs will be affected by that, although there's no way of knowing how.

I've never seen Star Wrek...... Is it only in finnish or is there an english dub?

I did get the film Iron Sky made by the same people... Moon Nazis now what's not to like?

Comment

Actually, Roddenberry no, JMS yes. They are not alike at all. Roddenberry's vision included the end of religion (His writers found a way around that via the alien characters). His vision saw that without religion, all the problems of the world would magically disappear.

JMS on the other hand believes that religion is part of human nature and to ignore it or do away with it would be dishonest writing. So he included that purposefully into his characters. Only that their characters' personality were not decided by religion (like so many writers do) but religion was just another trait to it.

His philosophy was "It exists, we have to deal with it." While Roddenbery's philosophy was "EWWW! get it away from humans!!! Or you're fired!" DS9 and Voyager were written without Roddenberry's supervision, thus you get the first real religious star trek human, Chakotay.

Andromeda seems to use it as a story telling tool. A way to introduce the writer's/creator's philosophy without being too obvious.
                              Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              I've never seen Star Wrek...... Is it only in finnish or is there an english dub?

I did get the film Iron Sky made by the same people... Moon Nazis now what's not to like?
                              Iron Sky was extremely fun to watch
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

No English dub I'm afraid, but it has been subtitled into more than a dozen languages, including Klingon! Dubbing is viewed as dumb in Scandinavia in general, only shows meant for children under 7 are dubbed. Older people are expected to read well enough and quickly enough to manage with subtitles. It's a pretty good motivator for learning to read and to multi-task, i.e. being able to follow the story and the subtitling at the same time. Dubbing IMO spoils half of the work done by actors, and it's much harder to catch translation errors.

And thanks for the clarification aretood2.

Iron Sky was great fun IMO. Star Wreck is amateur by comparison but it certainly has better production values than most fan-made movies I've seen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X