"The 4400" Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Holy cow. I started watching this show 3 days ago and I'm already finished season 2. How in the hell did this awesome show get cancelled?
    God only knows. It started great, it did lose a bit of momentum near the end but I thought it was a fantastic show. It's cancellation was definitely too early.

sigpic

Comment

Damn. I just started season 3, and where the hell did Lily go?

I mean, the aging thing is kinda neat, but Laura Allen was awesome. Did she choose to leave the show, or did they write her off for the story or what?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm honestly not sure. It was disappointing because I never really liked Isabelle nor the development of Richard after she left.

sigpic

Comment

Hm. Started season 4 now (yes, already )

Spoiler:
          I really really dislike the adult Isabelle actress. I know she's supposed to be playing a child in an adult's body, but god damn is she ever annoying. I was glad to see her get 'neutered' at the end of season 3.

I'm also a bit annoyed that now in season 4, Nina is just gone with no explanation.

I really liked the 'factions' angle, what with Isabelle being revealed to be a creation of the anti-4400s and Matthew Ross being an agent of the same faction. Plus all the child re-abductions and big reveal in Gone II were really fantastic.

And Jordan returning as a half-mad messiah who's somehow lived for centuries in order to see the full collapse of mankind....wow, awesome. I just wish they'd found a reason for him to keep his crazy prophet look
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 10 August 2010, 01:04 PM.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Holy cow. I started watching this show 3 days ago and I'm already finished season 2. How in the hell did this awesome show get cancelled?
            That's a good question. I feel the show should've got a 5th season to tie up loose ends.
            sigpic

Comment

I wish

I bought the two post-season 4 novels off Amazon, but I haven't gotten around to starting them yet.

Comment

The two books are really good and takes the series in an interesting direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                  The two books are really good and takes the series in an interesting direction.
                  I should really check those out. I thought this show was great.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm about 60 pages into Welcome to Promise City now, and I'm a bit underwhelmed. It's not that it's....bad exactly. But in 60 pages nearly nothing has happened and it just seems like an excuse to write in as many characters as possible. Characters which, by the way, don't feel quite like they did on TV.

I don't know. It's only 286 pages, and I did pay for it so I'll probably finish it regardless.

Comment

I'm about 60 pages into Welcome to Promise City now, and I'm a bit underwhelmed. It's not that it's....bad exactly. But in 60 pages nearly nothing has happened and it just seems like an excuse to write in as many characters as possible. Characters which, by the way, don't feel quite like they did on TV.

I don't know. It's only 286 pages, and I did pay for it so I'll probably finish it regardless.
                      Let me know what you think once you fnish reading them...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        That's a good question. I feel the show should've got a 5th season to tie up loose ends.
                        But they did pretty much tie up most storylines with S4. It's only when I re-watched it that I realised it did have an end... first time around I felt a bit cheated. I would've liked a S5, but it wasn't totally left up in the air like some programmes!

sigpic

Comment

I dunno, the airborne promicin 'plague' and the birth of Promise City are more than a bit vague a way to end it. To say nothing of Kyle telling Tom that "it's time" and placing a promicin shot on the table in front of them. I'd love to see a season 5, but I guess these two books will have to do in lieu.

Comment

Yeah, I think I will definitely end up purchasing these books. I really have fond memories of this show.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well, at least they're cheap. I think I got both of them for under $20 (combined) off Amazon.

Comment

Well, at least they're cheap. I think I got both of them for under $20 (combined) off Amazon.
                                Cheap definitely works for me right now.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X