The Dead Zone Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgt.siler View Post
    Alex was her name. She was able to see through people's emotions. Personally I stopped watching the 4400. I really enjoyed the first two seasons, but this season....OY! It was too painful to watch. Maybe I'll give it another try this Sunday and hope that the storyline has picked up the pace a bit.
    Actually I'm not talking about Alex. I forget her name, but she was the psychic who saw "numbers" from objects and people from the episode "Total Awareness" in season three (one of my favorite episodes).
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton View Post
      Actually I'm not talking about Alex. I forget her name, but she was the psychic who saw "numbers" from objects and people from the episode "Total Awareness" in season three (one of my favorite episodes).
      "Gibson" yes. I had to go look that up. It was a good episode.

Comment

For anyone interested in the song that played at the end of the episode "Re-Entry" there's a link to it on my wesite. The link is in my sig.

The artist's name is Debra Stillman.
        Song title "Middle of it All"

Comment

Wow the new episode "Numb" was great!
          Spoiler:

Looks like the show will go out with a bang! Sarah and John become closer and closer!
          I suspected the doctor the moment I saw him - the appendix is not on the left side unless you have situs inversus! And usssually the anaesthesia for appendectomy is a spinal one (the pacient is conscious during the operation and afterwards) other then that the episode (especially the twist at the end) was great!
          The new sheriff is becoming more and more likable...
          Overall a 9 out of 10

Comment

Nope... still hate the Sheriff. I just don't believe her in the role.

As for Johnny and Sara...WooT!

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
              Nope... still hate the Sheriff. I just don't believe her in the role.

As for Johnny and Sara...WooT!
              Sheriff Turner is boring! We'd get more out of Roscoe if he'd taken Walt's place. She just seems too *****y.

WooT!!

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
                Wow the new episode "Numb" was great!
                Spoiler:

Looks like the show will go out with a bang! Sarah and John become closer and closer!
                I suspected the doctor the moment I saw him - the appendix is not on the left side unless you have situs inversus! And usssually the anaesthesia for appendectomy is a spinal one (the pacient is conscious during the operation and afterwards) other then that the episode (especially the twist at the end) was great!
                The new sheriff is becoming more and more likable...
                Overall a 9 out of 10
                There were so many inconsistancies they could choke a horse. The appendectomy/medical issues asside, there were errors made in reguard to the canon of the show. It was good, but it could've been so much better. The writers dropped the ball and they dropped it hard.

Comment

I guess I didn't really like the ep at all. Just way too unbelievable--so to speak--for me.

Re: the sheriff--have they said what Walt is being investigated for? I've watched every ep this season and I haven't been able to figure that out....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I don't get the big mystery either. I just don't understand why, this far in, we have no clue what the charge against Walt is?

I have to agree that the general plot of the episode was less than thrilling. It was the first episode of the season I didn't give my full attention to. The only rewarding thing to come out of the whole thing was Johnny and Sara's relationship which even while I'm pleased by it, I find just a little bit disturbing.

Even if it's the harsh truth that Walt was a second choice for Sara, it almost feels like, 'what a relief', now that he's dead we can get back to the way things were supposed to be. It diminishes the importance of Walt and Sara's relationship a little.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I've only seen three or four episodes of the previous seasons, but I got the definite impression that Sara and Walt loved each other very much and were quite happy together. It does seem like she hasn't mourned him very much. I suppose, though, it could be the way something like that would go--people who are widowed often remarry, or get into a new relationship quite quickly. I guess with Johnny being there and with their history, it might happen.

Like you, I don't like the way they're handling it much and I agree--it seems to toss Walt and Sara's relationship out the window....

Drat! I missed the chance to use the word "defenestrate"!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                        I guess I didn't really like the ep at all. Just way too unbelievable--so to speak--for me.

Re: the sheriff--have they said what Walt is being investigated for? I've watched every ep this season and I haven't been able to figure that out....
                        No they're dragging that storyline out. They're dragging the poor man's good name through the mud.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                          I don't get the big mystery either. I just don't understand why, this far in, we have no clue what the charge against Walt is?

I have to agree that the general plot of the episode was less than thrilling. It was the first episode of the season I didn't give my full attention to. The only rewarding thing to come out of the whole thing was Johnny and Sara's relationship which even while I'm pleased by it, I find just a little bit disturbing.

Even if it's the harsh truth that Walt was a second choice for Sara, it almost feels like, 'what a relief', now that he's dead we can get back to the way things were supposed to be. It diminishes the importance of Walt and Sara's relationship a little.
                          Exactly. They didn't give the man a funeral or show any mourning at all. They just scooted time along by a few months. I think TPTB are trying to rush things along due to budget cuts and the fact that this may very well be the last season.

Comment

I confess I've only seen about half of the new season so far, so take this comment with a grain of salt. It seems to me that with the new writers, ditching most of the cast and moving to Montreal, The Dead Zone has become a shadow of its former self.

In its early years the show was one of the most original, clever things on television. Johnny didn't just have a supernatural ability -- the writers continually pushed to find new and unexpected ways of looking at people's lives through that ability. Episodes like "Unreasonable Doubt" and "Shaman" and "Precipitate" were expertly done, and proved that this show was extraordinary.

Now the writing is completely pedestrian. It's a predictable, by-the-numbers combo of mystery and drama. Who buried the poor real estate saleman out in the yard? Look out, Johnny! He's got a shovel! Will Johnny be able to save the damsel on the train from her killer and herself? Yawn.

Johnny and Sara finally get to be together? Antithesis of what that relationship triangle has been about for five years.

The key element of the show's premise is no longer a fascinating story-telling device; it's a cookie-cutter plot machine for unimaginative drivel. I'm thinking specifically of the "goodbye" scene at the end of "Switch" ... the scene that was packed with unnecessary dialog and which just would not end. By the time she finally got on that damn train, I wanted to push them both off myself.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

You know... now that you remind me, I have to correct myself. This last one was the second episode I didn't pay much attention to. I dodn't even watch "Switch". It was on, I just didn't consider it worthwhile. I hate filler and that was of the worst kind. The plot didn't appeal to me from the first few mins.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                                I confess I've only seen about half of the new season so far, so take this comment with a grain of salt. It seems to me that with the new writers, ditching most of the cast and moving to Montreal, The Dead Zone has become a shadow of its former self.

In its early years the show was one of the most original, clever things on television. Johnny didn't just have a supernatural ability -- the writers continually pushed to find new and unexpected ways of looking at people's lives through that ability. Episodes like "Unreasonable Doubt" and "Shaman" and "Precipitate" were expertly done, and proved that this show was extraordinary.

Now the writing is completely pedestrian. It's a predictable, by-the-numbers combo of mystery and drama. Who buried the poor real estate saleman out in the yard? Look out, Johnny! He's got a shovel! Will Johnny be able to save the damsel on the train from her killer and herself? Yawn.

Johnny and Sara finally get to be together? Antithesis of what that relationship triangle has been about for five years.

The key element of the show's premise is no longer a fascinating story-telling device; it's a cookie-cutter plot machine for unimaginative drivel. I'm thinking specifically of the "goodbye" scene at the end of "Switch" ... the scene that was packed with unnecessary dialog and which just would not end. By the time she finally got on that damn train, I wanted to push them both off myself.
                                No you're absolutely correct. It's like they're not even trying to write a decent episode. It's an absolute slap in the face to the fans and to the show itself.

"Interred" IMO was the worst episode this season. The partner being the guilty one was so predictable! What did showing the sheriff's past have to do with Johnny? Nothing. This is possibly the last season and they're wasting an episode on digging into Sheriff Turner's past. *shakes head*

They could've done so much with the last episode "Numb", but instead they numbed it's viewers with predictiblity and canon flaws. I was frozen in a WTF state the entire episode.

*does Comic Book Guy(from The Simpsons) impression* "Worst season ever*

Btw....Nice to see you're a fan Darren. At least the first 5 seasons anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X