This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death: RIGHT IS ON OUR SIDE.
    War: Speaking as War, I'd hate to tell you what happens to very small armies with Right on their side.
    --Thief of Time

Guard: What're you doing here? Who are you?
    Teatime: Ah, I'm glad you asked. I'm your worst nightmare!
    Guard: You mean... the one with the giant cabbage and the sort of whirring knife thing?
    --Hogfather

"Woss the matter with you?" asked Big Ted, irritably. "Go on. Press 'D.' Elvis Presley died in 1976."
    I DON'T CARE WHAT IT SAYS, said the tall biker in the helmet, I NEVER LAID A FINGER ON HIM.
    --Good Omens

I think I left my Fforde quotes in a paper notebook. Damn...

Comment

General Hammond: Open the iris!

Comment

Villa (Blake's Seven): I plan to live forever. Or to die trying.

Madeleine

Comment

Mal: Well, my days of taking you seriously are coming to a middle.

Wash: I am a large, semi-muscular man. I can take it.

River: What am I?
          Simon: You are my beautiful sister.
          River: I threw up on your bed.
          Simon: Yep, definitely my sister.

Just thougt this thread needed some quotes from Firefly

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
          DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Angel: I'm made of felt and my noz com obb (Smile TIme)

Buffy : Look it up, Slayer comma The, she who hangs out in the cemetary a lot (Doomed)
            sigpic
            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

did someone say Firefly?

Jayne: "If wishes were horses we'd all eat steak"

Madeleine

Comment

Kip-"Why are the shooting at us?"
                Memphis-"Cause I blew up their cars."

Chili Palmer-"I'm not gonna say anymore than I have to, if that."

Methos-"Whatever you need: Lawyer, doctor, indian chief. I've got the paperwork to cover it all."
                "We are Hathor. Kneel before your goddess!"

Comment

Originally posted by LadyHathor1117
                  Kip-"Why are the shooting at us?"
                  Memphis-"Cause I blew up their cars."

Chili Palmer-"I'm not gonna say anymore than I have to, if that."

Methos-"Whatever you need: Lawyer, doctor, indian chief. I've got the paperwork to cover it all."
                  Aim high. You may still miss the target, but at least you won't shoot your foot off."
                  -Lord Miles Naismith Vorkosigan, _Komarr_, by Lois McMaster Bujold.
                  My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                  -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                  -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                  -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: They never alter their views to meet the facts. They alter the facts to meet their views. Which can be quite uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."--The Doctor, "The Face of Evil."

-IMF
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

"Leadership..."

- Dr. Rodney McKay, Letters from Pegusus, Stargate Atlantis

Everytime he said it, I cracked up laughing.
                      "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                      it has it's own laws and beats about things
                      which the intellect scorns."
                      - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                        "Leadership..."

- Dr. Rodney McKay, Letters from Pegusus, Stargate Atlantis

Everytime he said it, I cracked up laughing.
                        LOL Yeah, that was pretty funny..!

"Do, or Do Not. There is no Try" -Yoda (Jedi Master and Sage)
                        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Shadow, I also love Death.

War: "We've got ... let's see now ... Egg and Cress, Chicken Tikka, and Mature Cheese with Crunchy Pickle, I think."
                          Death: THEY DO SUCH MARVELLOUS THINGS WITH SANDWICHES THESE DAYS.
                          War: "Oh ... and Bacon Surprise."
                          Death: REALLY? WHAT IS SO SURPRISING ABOUT BACON?
                          War: "I don't know. I suppose it comes as something of a shock to the pig."

"But you're Death," said Mort. "You go around killing people!"
                          I? KILL? said Death, obviously offended. CERTAINLY NOT. PEOPLE GET KILLED, BUT THAT'S THEIR BUSINESS. I JUST TAKE OVER FROM THEN ON. AFTER ALL, IT'D BE A BLOODY STUPID WORLD IF PEOPLE GOT KILLED WITHOUT DYING, WOULDN'T IT?

Lezek: "What was your job again?"
                          Death: I USHER SOULS INTO THE NEXT WORLD.
                          Lezek: "Ah, of course, sorry, should have guessed from the clothes. Very necessary work, very steady. Established business?"
                          Death: I HAVE BEEN GOING FOR SOME TIME, YES.

Comment

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own... I resign!!" - Number 6 (Patrick McGoohan), The Prisoner.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

There are a lot of really good quotes being bounced around in this thread. So I'm going to have a selfish moment and bring up one I wrote.

This is a brief clip from a telephone conversation between Detective John Weir and his mother Kay. Kay is very concerned about how John is dealing with the death of Christine, his wife, six months before.

Kay: "You're just drowning your sorrows."
                              John: "Maybe if I drown them, they'll die and leave me alone."

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Fate Protects / Fools/ Little Children/ And Ships Name Enterprise

Comment

Working...
                                X