Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    There's a reason why they're called unforgivable's though.
    Spoiler:
    War was imminent. Voldemort was gonna come a-running. Using Crucio, the least of the Unforgivables, in the heat of the moment is something I can forgive as it was a one-time thing and, hey, one less Death Eater who's got no problems casting Avada Kedavra left-and-center is a good thing.

Comment

I've just been in the live chat with JKR. Sorry I haven't got a transcript. It overran by half an hour, not that I'm complaining.
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
        Spoiler:
        War was imminent. Voldemort was gonna come a-running. Using Crucio, the least of the Unforgivables, in the heat of the moment is something I can forgive as it was a one-time thing and, hey, one less Death Eater who's got no problems casting Avada Kedavra left-and-center is a good thing.
        Spoiler:
        JKR answered this question this morning- she said that like Snape, Harry is flawed and that his main flaws are anger and arrogance, and seeing such a good person in danger caused him to act as he did- or something along those lines, hopefully there will be a proper transcript soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
          I've just been in the live chat with JKR. Sorry I haven't got a transcript. It overran by half an hour, not that I'm complaining.
          Did you have a question answered? Mine wasn't, 120000 questions.....

Ooh, she answered what the alternate book titles are (one of which she already said in another interview:
          Spoiler:
          Harry Potter and the Elder Wand; Harry Potter and the Peverell Quest (she decided "Quest" wasn't a good word choice and abandoned that one fairly quickley)

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Did you have a question answered? Mine wasn't, 120000 questions.....

Ooh,
            Well sort of. One of my questions was "Can Voldemort produce a patronus? I don't imagine him being able to think of something happy". And it was answered when JKR said that Snape was the only death eater capable of conjuring one.

Comment

A transcript of the chat can be found here.

Comment

FINALLY saw the movie today! Loved it. Easily my favourite of the five.

Also really liked the music from what I remember, anyone have the soundtrack and is it good?

Comment

Did anyone else hear this? Apparantly, some shcool teacher totally spoiled the ending of Deathly Hallows by reading her class the final page.

How cruel is that?
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

That is evil, thankfully if it WAS the final page then things were't TOO spoiled as it was just the epilogue... but still...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong here - but isn't today, 31st of July, Harry's "birthday"?

I'm sure I've read somewhere that he was "born" on the 31st of July...
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

indeed
                        sigpic
                        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

So, given that Harry was born in 1980, that would mean he's now 27.
                          sigpic

Comment

much older than me lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                              much older than me lol
                              Ten years younger than me.
                              sigpic

Comment

7 than me lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X