• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty big i think
    sigpic
    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

And how big is Exiled Master's ego at the moment, d'you think?
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

man every store in the mall even none book stories have reservations for the final book.
        sigpic
        Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          And how big is Exiled Master's ego at the moment, d'you think?
          to the power of 'My flawless plan just saved the world so fast that the rest of the episode was spent detailing my awesomeness'
          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
          Caboose: They could be worse?
          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Anyone else hear the news story that librarians in the US are being asked to keep the number of people who come into contact with book 7 pre-release, to a bare minimum - and to supply contact details and so on?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Anyone else hear the news story that librarians in the US are being asked to keep the number of people who come into contact with book 7 pre-release, to a bare minimum - and to supply contact details and so on?
              Yeah, that's pretty much been the deal all along- in my province last time, several copies of HBP actually got sold a few days early. If I recall, there were some pretty nice consolation gifts for the people who bought them when they returned them, and after they had to sign a pile of papers saying that they would speak of the book to no one of course- I think JKR sent them all signed copies or bookplates or something. Made international news I think.

Amazing, all this over a book. Tis magic.

Comment

I was at Barnes and Noble today and I found a book from Mugglenet full of their predictions and speculation about Deathly Hollows. Every storyline under the roof of Hogwarts was in there. I want to do something like that for SG-1, but there is too much source material, and I don't have the entire series on DVD.
                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                Caboose: They could be worse?
                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I was volunteering for a library when the last book came out, and none of the branches had copies of the HP books until days after the release date. The date of release is far more significant for bookstores and fans than libraries.

I thought it was interesting that the book didn't circulate the same way most bestsellers do because it's considered a children's book... despite the number of adults hooked on the series. I'm not sure people were able to put reserves on the book although so many people buy it that the library demand really wasn't nearly as high as I expected. It didn't hurt that the system probably bought sixty or seventy copies of the book.
                  sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                  May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Only passing on what I heard on the news story Scifithinker...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                      I was volunteering for a library when the last book came out, and none of the branches had copies of the HP books until days after the release date. The date of release is far more significant for bookstores and fans than libraries.

I thought it was interesting that the book didn't circulate the same way most bestsellers do because it's considered a children's book... despite the number of adults hooked on the series. I'm not sure people were able to put reserves on the book although so many people buy it that the library demand really wasn't nearly as high as I expected. It didn't hurt that the system probably bought sixty or seventy copies of the book.
                      i think that the added security regarding libraries has to with the fact that it is the last book to be released and all the things we eant to know are in that one book. Also there well be more demand for this book form the libraries than the previous ones as there is more demand in general, and perople will be wanting to read the book as soon as it comes out. not everyone can afford to buy the book, so the library having the same release date makes sence as fans will still want to read it.
                      ghjkghjkghjuihjksigpic

ghukgyukukgyugyutyutyu

Comment

Ok, who else has seen the full length trailer for "Order of the Phoenix"?
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok, who else has seen the full length trailer for "Order of the Phoenix"?
                          Ooh, not yet! *runs off to find it*

Comment

Is there any good Harry Potter RPs that wont be too hard to jump into? Preferably forum based...
                            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                            LOVE HIM-> DT
                            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Try YouTube. It's about 2mins or so long.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
                                Is there any good Harry Potter RPs that wont be too hard to jump into? Preferably forum based...
                                Well, there is mine
                                http://futurelurks.proboards54.com/index.cgi

Or here are a few more that I am in
                                http://hogwatsalways.proboards106.com/index.cgi?

http://xpheonixfeather.proboards85.com/index.cgi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X