Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    If anything, dumbledore being gay just adds more of a grown dimension to the series
    Indeed. By the law of averages, some of the characters in HP would be gay/lesbian/bisexual/whatever.

What two (or indeed more) people who love one another do in the privacy of their own home is no one's business but theirs.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Absolutely. I only hope more people would feel that way.
      sigpic

Comment

Generally speaking, I find that Sci-Fi and Fantasy fans are more tolerant of those who are "different" because your average member of John Q. Public sees us as a load of freaks and weirdos anyway.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I told my friend about Dumbledore being gay today. She totally flipped. It was quite funny.
          sigpic

Sig by SamJackShipLover! Thanks!

Thanks to Vanity_killsxxx on LJ for my profile pic!

Comment

My friend Joe listed this development as reason 51 why Gandalf could totally pwn Dumbledore. I always thought that Luna would turn out to be bisexual or something.
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
              My friend Joe listed this development as reason 51 why Gandalf could totally pwn Dumbledore. I always thought that Luna would turn out to be bisexual or something.
              Have a gander at some of the HP stuff on <let's not share that link here please. Folks, i f you want a link to some grown up HP fic, give brutak a PM and s/he can share it with you> and see if that tickles your fancy - as it were...
              Last edited by Skydiver; 23 October 2007, 07:08 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Ok, guys you won't believe this, but I actually started to read the last HP book, after I had ognored it completely for the last few months!
                I must say, I am enjoying it and I can't wait untill the interesting part.
                Spoiler:
                Please, tell me, it gets more and more interesting with every chapter.
                I'm at the Deathly Hallows chapter now. They already destroyed the locket....I'm so excited to see, where and how they find the other Horcruxes....

I can't wait to read more. Which reminds me...What am I still doing here?
                *goes to read some more*
                "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                  Ok, guys you won't believe this, but I actually started to read the last HP book, after I had ognored it completely for the last few months!
                  I must say, I am enjoying it and I can't wait untill the interesting part.
                  Spoiler:
                  Please, tell me, it gets more and more interesting with every chapter.
                  I'm at the Deathly Hallows chapter now. They already destroyed the locket....I'm so excited to see, where and how they find the other Horcruxes....

I can't wait to read more. Which reminds me...What am I still doing here?
                  *goes to read some more*
                  You haven't finished it! *is jealous*

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    You haven't finished it! *is jealous*
                    *hangs head*

And I'm suppose to be one of the greatest HP fans there is...

And I still don't want to finish it. I'll probably just read the book without the epilogue part..
                    "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                      *hangs head*

And I'm suppose to be one of the greatest HP fans there is...

And I still don't want to finish it. I'll probably just read the book without the epilogue part..

I get where you're coming from.....I wish I still had it left to read too.

Comment

I was a huge HP fan until 7. Seven felt so.. piecemealed and poorly placed.. Like Frankenstein. :x

Comment

I have read it!!!

That was....well...it was satisfying. I actually liked the last part.
                          There was just something missing
                          Spoiler:
                          I wanted to see interactions between Snape and Harry. I wanted them to have a good talk before...well before everything happened...I knew he was on our side. I knew it from the first book. And that Patronus thing-that was the most beautiful thing ever. *sniff*
                          And Harry naming his child after him, I shed a tear there.

And killing Tonks AND Lupin- that was just really unneccessary. I could hardly get over Fred and Dobby.

OK, I've read the book. All is over. Now what?!
                          I have no life.

Comment

http://www.mugglenet.com/

Guillermo Del Toro would consider directing that last Harry Potter film.....how amazing would that be if he did?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              http://www.mugglenet.com/

Guillermo Del Toro would consider directing that last Harry Potter film.....how amazing would that be if he did?
                              Pretty darn amazing indeed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Got to say, I like the idea of Gay Dumbledore. He eschewed power because he felt he couldn't be trusted with it. I'd always assumed that he'd remained single because it was not necessary for the plot for him to have had a partner, but maybe it's because he felt he couldn't be trusted with love either, poor chap.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X