Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1: Janeway: No single character has irritated me as consistantly as Janeway. "Look at me I'm too stupid to use timed explosives. Sorry 'bout stranding you all out here for no reason, and yep It's all down hill from here." Virtually every single decision she ever made on the show left me screaming inside.

2: Dylan Hunt: The only reason he's not number one is because he started out somewhat likable. Other than that he's the most loathsome male Mary Sue character I think I've ever seen in popular media. Just when you think he couldn't possibly get any more ridiculous and laughable they go and make him into a god.... no I'm not kidding. Dylan Hunt is a character from a ****ty fanfic that somehow leaked onto a TV screen.

3: Riker: One of the most incompotent officers in starfleet and yet one of the most highly regarded. Seems to give off a real "my **** don't stink" vibe to those under him who aren't his personal friends to. Never had a legitimate character flaw, never met someone who didn't adore him and if he did it was because they were wrong/evil/stupid.

4: Byron (B5): As far as the sheer desire to light a character on fire no one can touch this guy. Sniveling little pseudo intellectual rat man with a racist view on the human race and delusions of personal superiority. If he'd appeared more often he would have been ranked much higher.

5: Luwaxana Troy (Troy's mother): If I knew this woman in any capacity I would be forced to take my own life. It's the only way to be assured I'd never encounter her again. Only reason she's not ranked higher is because often times I completely turned off episodes with her in them to spare myself the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
      1: Janeway: No single character has irritated me as consistantly as Janeway. "Look at me I'm too stupid to use timed explosives. Sorry 'bout stranding you all out here for no reason, and yep It's all down hill from here." Virtually every single decision she ever made on the show left me screaming inside.

2: Dylan Hunt: The only reason he's not number one is because he started out somewhat likable. Other than that he's the most loathsome male Mary Sue character I think I've ever seen in popular media. Just when you think he couldn't possibly get any more ridiculous and laughable they go and make him into a god.... no I'm not kidding. Dylan Hunt is a character from a ****ty fanfic that somehow leaked onto a TV screen.

3: Riker: One of the most incompotent officers in starfleet and yet one of the most highly regarded. Seems to give off a real "my **** don't stink" vibe to those under him who aren't his personal friends to. Never had a legitimate character flaw, never met someone who didn't adore him and if he did it was because they were wrong/evil/stupid.

4: Byron (B5): As far as the sheer desire to light a character on fire no one can touch this guy. Sniveling little pseudo intellectual rat man with a racist view on the human race and delusions of personal superiority. If he'd appeared more often he would have been ranked much higher.

5: Luwaxana Troy (Troy's mother): If I knew this woman in any capacity I would be forced to take my own life. It's the only way to be assured I'd never encounter her again. Only reason she's not ranked higher is because often times I completely turned off episodes with her in them to spare myself the pain.
      Wow, other than Janeway, I couldn't agree more. Plus, you made me smile/laugh! Thanks!

Comment

I disagree with Riker and Janeway, the rest I coudl see your point. Besides, Janeway had good reasons for doing things and she's an explorer. 70 year is half of what the Enterprise-D's mission was supposed to be.

Does anyone want to tell me what Wesley did wrong? I always liked his character.

Anyway for the characters <no particular order>:
        1. Rhode <Andromeda s4 and s5>
        2. Vala
        3. Troi's mother, Luwxana
        4. Teyla
        5. Dr. Polaski
        'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

I think this hatred of the Ewoks and Jar-Jar Binks is taken out of context. Yes, for me and more mature viewers he was annoying , but children seem to adore him. My little sister, for one, is a Jar-Jar fan, as are many of her friends. Overall, Star Wars is a kids' movie with elements that mature viewers can enjoy, though this is my opinion.

Comment

Uh... the Enterprise-D's mission was not supposed to be 140 years... starfleet really doesn't plan that far ahead.

1. Shinzon (Star Trek X) - Idiocy upon idiocy
            2. Nicholas, Leader of the Skins (Roswell) - talk about dead weight...
            3. Sybok (Star Trek V) - I'd rather feel his pain...
            4. Martin LLoyd (SG-1) - Grow a brain already...
            5. Luke Skywalker (Episode IV) - His whining could power a windmill field for a month. Well, he did get better in the other films...
            Sentio Aliquos Togatos Contra Me Conspirare

Comment

Originally posted by TheUniqueDrone
              I think this hatred of the Ewoks and Jar-Jar Binks is taken out of context. Yes, for me and more mature viewers he was annoying , but children seem to adore him. My little sister, for one, is a Jar-Jar fan, as are many of her friends. Overall, Star Wars is a kids' movie with elements that mature viewers can enjoy, though this is my opinion.
              Jar-Jar probably was geared toward the children. However, it's his mannerisms and such that drive me nuts. "Meesa thinks..."

Comment

The worst? One: Jack O'Neil. I'm really glad he's not going to be on Season 9

Comment

Jack O'Neill? What the heck's wrong with him? He's "the dude" of Stargate SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                    Jack O'Neill? What the heck's wrong with him? He's "the dude" of Stargate SG-1.
                    LOL! he really is "the dude" of stargate, hehe
                    Save us from danger, save us from evil
                    Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                      The worst? One: Jack O'Neil. I'm really glad he's not going to be on Season 9
                      Hey, are you for real? Whilst he's not my favourite SG1 character, I certainly wouldn't go so far as to put him in my top 5 worst sci-fi characters.

* shakes head *

Comment

1.)Wesley Crusher(TNG) for a 22nd century boy he was the proud owner of some very ugly 1980s sweaters.
                        2.) Riker(TNG) - so boring.
                        3.) Captain Archer - Enterprise. I keep thinking he should be the first Star Trek captain to die in an ongoing series.
                        4.) Neelix- (STV) mildly amusing on occasion but mostly exquisitely annoying.
                        5.) Diana Troy (TNG) - Why was she even a bridge officer? "Captain I sense... my brain is leaking out my ears."

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

5.) Diana Troy (TNG) - Why was she even a bridge officer? "Captain I sense... my brain is leaking out my ears."
                          Yeah you had to love Troi.

Troi: Captain I sense great aggression :said while Alien warship is blowing holes through the Enterprise:

She only seemed to exist on the show so that miscellaneous aliens of the week could violate her in assorted pesuedo-sexual ways.

Carried it right through 'till Nemesis to.

I especially loved the episode where she ended up in command of several real officers like Ro Laren and Chief O'Brien, and sure enough would go on to make a stupid emotional decision that she'd never have to pay for thanks to act of TNG plot.

Comment

1. Rev Bem (Andromeda) Kung Fu in a monkey suit...Ah Grasshopper.
                            2. Tybo (LOst In Space) The giant talking carrot man...I need moisture...I need moisture!!
                            3.Chakotee(Voyager) Take ya damn spirit guides and shove 'em where the sun don't shine.
                            4. Starbuck (New Galactica) I'm the no-nonsense tough tom boy out to show 'em a girl can make it in a man's ......Zzzzzzzzz. Can it lady! You're a walking talking cliche!
                            5. Jack Oneill seasons 5-8. Embarassingly unfunny and a walking talking cliche once the actor essentially lost interest in the show.

Comment

5: Dylan Hunt (the only Andromeda character I completly disliked...absolutly arrogant and self-centred )

4: Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars Episode 2)

3:Tuvok (Voyager)

2: Clark Kent (from Smallville Season 3 until now...will never understand why they changed the character this way...) I know Smallville is a superhero show
                              but it includes so much science fiction elements that it´s can be counted as science fiction

1: Vala (SG 1) Nasty and psychopathic, for an enemy would she be acceptable (but still boring) but as an member of SG 1...
                              And her new dominatrix costume is absolutly laughable...but I suppose that´s the main reason why she is in the show. When you have no longer any ideas make it just all about sex.

Comment

Gunn from Angel (does angel count?)
                                Save us from danger, save us from evil
                                Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Working...
                                X