This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Just to add another point to this the shows creator Sydney Newman said way back in 1986 that this should happen. So it's been a while.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...st-woman-1986/
    That's really interesting... I was well aware of Newman's attempted intervention in 86, but either didn't know or forgot his suggestion to regenerate the Doctor into a woman.

First boob joke though... I'm outta here.

back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      First boob joke though... I'm outta here.
      Sad thing is you KNOW that they are going to do those. Will be plenty of Fem Lib Man Hate that probably pops up fairly often.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        And regardless of all that, if I had been alive for over 2000 years (or several billion if you include Heaven Sent) and had thirteen different faces, all of which were male, even as a man who identifies as male I'd be tempted to go with female just for a change of pace.

And secretly, I'm pretty sure a lot of misogynistic guys would likely do the same if only for the boobs...
        Thats the best response yet. I am excited for the change of pace and cant wait to see what she brings to the Table. I really did not like Capaldi till close before the end and I have always given the Doctors a chance.

That said, I dont see why he cant regenerate into a Woman. I keep remembering Tennants first self-check, which made it clear that anything could happen. Besides the obvious first realisation of the Gender change, I hope they keep the sexjokes at a minimum.

Also while talking about it. I read about the BBC being all about equality lately and that this would be one of the reasons to cancel it. Are you kidding me? If Bill returns and I really hope she will, there will be a black lesbian with a female Doctor. How much more diverse could you get? Make the Doctor a female chinese?
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          *waits for the internet to explode*
          http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...le-doctor.html

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Doctor Who might have shifted a bit but at its core it's still a children's entartainment show.
          It has probably shifted to a family show, but it's not -- nor will it ever be a scifi show for adults only. If that's what you want, watch Torchwood.
          I tried to watch it...but I just lost interest very quickly.

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post

And yes, Gallifreybase has gone nuts since the news broke...

My biggest concern... fans who tend to oppose the idea are male. Doctor Who's audience (based on IMDB) is roughly 2:1 ratio against women. I know a poll of 1,400 hardcore fans cannot be extrapolated to the entire viewership, but a poll at GB showed 35% dead-set against the idea of a female Doctor. Most of those against are male. So... worst case, nearly 1 in 4 viewers tune out... and they're already down to around 5m per week...
          The thing about Sci Fi fans is that they don't like change, just go back in these forums when the Ori appeared, or Stargate Universe. Male to female is change. That would account for that 35% which is a minority. And if you read the link I posted above,
          the internet's reaction in general has been rather tame. As for the website, I can't access it so I'll have to take your word for it, but still...you'd think you'd see more activity on Twitter than what there has been?

Anyway, for me, it's more of a "meh" and a "I'll see what happens" and a little bit of "Wait...does this mean that Clara turned him into a woman?"
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...le-doctor.html

I tried to watch it...but I just lost interest very quickly.

The thing about Sci Fi fans is that they don't like change, just go back in these forums when the Ori appeared, or Stargate Universe. Male to female is change. That would account for that 35% which is a minority. And if you read the link I posted above,
            the internet's reaction in general has been rather tame. As for the website, I can't access it so I'll have to take your word for it, but still...you'd think you'd see more activity on Twitter than what there has been?

Anyway, for me, it's more of a "meh" and a "I'll see what happens" and a little bit of "Wait...does this mean that Clara turned him into a woman?"
            Where are you getting the Clara turning him into a woman thing out of general curiosity?
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Where are you getting the Clara turning him into a woman thing out of general curiosity?
              Remember when Clara said the Doctor should go back to Gallifrey and be a queen?
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Remember when Clara said the Doctor should go back to Gallifrey and be a queen?
                That and she did mess him a bit, no? If I were him, I'd want something different...a way to get away from that hot mess. And the queen comment.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Keep in mind that he can't remember anything about her.

Comment

He remembers bits and pieces of her. What if (total theory) the reason he saved missy was because on some level he knew he had failed a friend who was important to him for all his lives? Besides Clara and the "impossible girl" story, who else would the Doctor think that would be?
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Keep in mind that he can't remember anything about her.
                      Lucky Bastard.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

So I'm excited for the new Doctor I think she'll be great.
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          "Wait...does this mean that Clara turned him into a woman?"
                          She's the Impossible Girl, who knows....
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

She's the Impossible Girl, who knows....
                            Yes she is Horus... *sigh* Yes she is... Still my joint favourite companion along with Amy.

Comment

Yes she is Horus... *sigh* Yes she is... Still my joint favourite companion along with Amy.
                              I adore Clara.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I adore Clara.
                                I miss her almost as the Tenth Doctor....She was awesome. I don't know why some people didn't like her...jealousy, that's why. Now if only she can run into a male version of Clara
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X