Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that opening vid was pure Studio Propaganda but I am sure they will give her some Doctor-ish foibles when she really premiers, which won't really be for what almost a year now? But as for it getting cancelled. I doubt it to. Modern Audiences are just far to accepting of crap when it gets served to them on a plate that they like.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
      Yeah that opening vid was pure Studio Propaganda but I am sure they will give her some Doctor-ish foibles when she really premiers, which won't really be for what almost a year now? But as for it getting cancelled. I doubt it to. Modern Audiences are just far to accepting of crap when it gets served to them on a plate that they like.

We'll agree to disagree on that last point. The last finale was one of best they've done since the Show's return. Possibly only second to Hell Bent / Heaven Sent and the Pandorica episodes (I'd include Utopia and Sound of Drums in there too but Last of the Timelords kinda ruins that trilogy.)

I'm looking forward to seeing Chibnall's own style given the type of shows he's done before. I'm expecting a more down-to-earth and straight forward kind of story telling. But I'm going to miss Moffatt. Russell T Davis may have brought the show back, but it was Moffatt that made it feel as though the new series and classic series were properly connected. Like the Doctor had a continuing history. The 9th and 10th Doctors always felt far more detached from it. But at the same time there was an infectious energy to series 5 onwards that made me love the show even more than I did before.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I haven't been anything close to a "regular watcher" since half way thru Tennent but I have given each "New Doctor" a chance to peak my interest again. I have been a Disappointed Classic WHO Fan pretty much since day one TBH. I watched the first few eps for Doc Capi. Was NOT IMPRESSED, and have seen the last 2 eps with the Cybermen and I learned that all the things I now dislike about DW are still there and in full FORCE!
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

And it is very amusing watching the reactions.

I'm excited for this change. It was about bloody time. I honestly thought the 11th Doctor was going to be female.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
            The show has already fallen 5.45m million average, if it loses another million or two their will certainly be questions raise at the BBC on why they are funding this series. Especially if similar falls are replicated on bbc America and in other key markets for the show leading to them demanding cheaper prices for the next season.

BBC hierarchy only tolerate Doctor Who because it makes them money, if it stop doing that I expect the program will disappear from our screens on the premise that it needs resting or other such crap, I don't expect we will get any science fiction shows to replace it either.

Chibnall rumour pivot to turning it towards more of a children program, the portion of the audience which decreased the fastest won't help them maintain current audience figures either. There were a few people who airing their dislike for the simpler stories told during the last season.

So we are heading into next season with a highly fractured audience , with portions of it refusing to tune in because of the PC nonsense they have chosen to implement, people being put off by the switch to simpler stories and the show suddenly pandering for an audience that has largely stopped watching tv and now spend their time on youtube or ps4/xbone.

All of this is why I'm expecting a large drop in audience numbers. I'm bet on this heading toward some vicious an outright mean attacks by SJW and feminist gangs on twitter blaming people refused to put up with this crap for large falls in audience figures, further dividing and polarising it fan base.
            Last edited by knowles2; 17 July 2017, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              Very excited that it's a woman. Whittaker is extremely talented. Personally I think she looks a little too conventionally pretty to be honest but that can be fixed when they get the new outfit worked out and such.
              I don't know who she is, but that's okay because that'll give me a clean slate to work from.

And of course, Chris Chibnall's already worked with her so that's also a plus.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              As for those people who think it'll kill the show... well... I've heard that before.
              Many times before as far as Doctor Who goes.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              And it is very amusing watching the reactions.
              Class entertainment.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              I'm excited for this change. It was about bloody time. I honestly thought the 11th Doctor was going to be female.
              Was disappointed when it wasn't a woman, and I had a difficult time getting into Matt's doctor too. I loved TENnant (he's my Doctor -- couldn't get into 9 either). But I took a break for a year, and then went back and started watching again, and fell in love all over again (so now I have 10 and 11, and Clara). Then came 12 but we just didn't click and I latched onto Clara, so when she left so did I. Haven't seen the newest series of episodes yet (recorded them so will see them eventually).
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                Chibnall pivot to turning it towards more of a children program...
                You do realize Doctor Who's original targetted audience were children, right?
                Teens and possibly young adults, sure. But it's core audience was kids first.

I think, for me, the reason I didn't get into it until Ten happened.

Comment

Don't be silly FH, it was Adults that were hiding behind the couch..........
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Don't be silly FH, it was Adults that were hiding behind the couch..........
                    Well sure, the early Cybermen were.... err.... scary....

Spoiler:
                    ...as in... falling apart on set, I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      You do realize Doctor Who's original targeted audience were children, right?
                      Teens and possibly young adults, sure. But it's core audience was kids first.
                      You do realise kids don't watch nearly as much tv as they use to and that audiences have changed over the course of ten years?

You only have to look at this show how heavily the fan base now leans towards adults. Facebook leans more heavily towards adults but I bet the tv audience isn't that far behind.
                      doctor-who-facebook-gender-age-raw-9-16-13.png

You only have got to doctor who conventions to see who the majority of fans are. The US audience figures leans even further towards the 18-30 category.

Comment

And how many of them were original who fans?
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Doctor Who might have shifted a bit but at its core it's still a children's entartainment show.
                          It has probably shifted to a family show, but it's not -- nor will it ever be a scifi show for adults only. If that's what you want, watch Torchwood.

Comment

I've had time to process all this news and frankly I'm still excited.

I hope Jodie does bring some freshness to the character and that Chibnall puts out some excellent stories. I hope we get some comic moments too. I want to see what the Daleks think of the new Doctor, because those silly tin cans are bound to turn up.
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

i dont get why people are so mad about this, they've been hinting at this since doctor who came back on air, I honestly have no idea why people are making this in to such a big deal. it's really not.

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                                i dont get why people are so mad about this, they've been hinting at this since doctor who came back on air, I honestly have no idea why people are making this in to such a big deal. it's really not.
                                It clearly is.

Comment

Working...
                                X