This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
    Seems I'm not alone in recalling Richard's work. I'm sure there are lists on almost every Doctor Who-, sci-fi- and TV-related website. Here's another one... http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-...-the-time-lord
    Richard Coyle and Ben Miles would be good choices on the basis that Steven Moffat has written for them both before in his comedy show Coupling. Their other co-star from that show, Jack Davenport (not on that list), would also be a good choice as well.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

As I have said in an earlier post...

I am of the opinion that the part of the Doctor will go to an actor who is 'relatively' unknown within the genre. And whom ever it is... It will be one hell of a surprise.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
        I hope no one (leads) from SG-1, SGU, and especially SGA could ever be cast as the Doctor.
        Yeah, but I wouldn't mind them as quest stars. I still like the idea of Jack Davenport.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          This. An ETERNAL amount of "This". Let's face it though and be realistic...it is, thankfully, NEVER EVER going to happen.

And Doctor Who is safe from him.
          For clarity's sake, I don't hate David Hewlett. Actually, judging from his real-world stuff I've seen (interviews, twitter, etc) he seems like a lot of fun.

But WOW is it ever difficult to imagine a poorer choice for the role of the Doctor. Thank goodness the odds are slim to nil.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            For clarity's sake, I don't hate David Hewlett. Actually, judging from his real-world stuff I've seen (interviews, twitter, etc) he seems like a lot of fun.

But WOW is it ever difficult to imagine a poorer choice for the role of the Doctor. Thank goodness the odds are slim to nil.
            I'd also like to clarify that I don't hate David Hewlett. I don't know him. However I do know his work and that is enough for me to not want to see him in the role of the Doctor.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Somehow I just can't see David Hewlett facing up to the Daleks etc. He'd just squeak, drop his sonic and run off.

Actually I'm getting quite excited by the Ben Daniels rumours. I really hope it will be him.

Comment

It's worth noting that at one point James Nesbitt, David Walliams and Paterson Joseph were the clear favourites to become the Eleventh Doctor, with a young unknown by the name of Matt Smith much further down the table (behind Jason Statham!) with 66/1 odds from at least one betting firm.

Just goes to show...
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

I like David Hewlett, but wouldn't want to see him as the Doctor.

But I would like to see him be a character on Doctor Who!

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                    It's worth noting that at one point James Nesbitt, David Walliams and Paterson Joseph were the clear favourites to become the Eleventh Doctor, with a young unknown by the name of Matt Smith much further down the table (behind Jason Statham!) with 66/1 odds from at least one betting firm.

Just goes to show...
                    I would have stopped watching if David Walliams had been chosen.. There's just something really creepy about him..

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post

Just goes to show...
                      James Nesbitt would be an interesting choice, but I think I would keep expecting him to turn into Hyde
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm guessing it will be 3 time Oscar winner Daniel Day-Lewis. He is the exact opposite of the unknown actor everyone is predicting!

Comment

Originally posted by gvan29 View Post
                          I'm guessing it will be 3 time Oscar winner Daniel Day-Lewis. He is the exact opposite of the unknown actor everyone is predicting!
                          And for the same reason it won't be James Nesbit, he won't be able to commit to 3+ years of 9 months a year in Cardiff. Unless he has a baby due and wants to be around for till it hits school...

Comment

Who wants a laugh?

Mark Gatiss tweeted it this morning. He thought it was very amusing.

Spoiler:

The world has gone completely mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              Who wants a laugh?

Mark Gatiss tweeted it this morning. He thought it was very amusing.

Spoiler:

The world has gone completely mad.
                              Heres the full story on this...
                              http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-stupide...ever-50265.htm

I'm just lost for words...

Comment

I wonder what they were smoking when they wrote that...

Comment

Working...
                                X