This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    Latest twitter & internet rumour.... Julian Bleach, aka Davros.

This rumour is from somebody who goes to the pub with a friend of Julian's, & he said it was Julian.

It seems just as likely as some of the other rumours doing the rounds, and better than others, ie Russell Brand.... or was it Jo.
    Pub rumour. LOL Still...Julian Bleach would be a good choice and certainly one of the more plausible names doing the rounds at the moment.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Pub rumour. LOL Still...Julian Bleach would be a good choice and certainly one of the more plausible names doing the rounds at the moment.
      Yeah, I had an eye roll moment at the Pub bit.

But as a rumour it does have it's attractions. Somebody who has worked on Doctor Who before, in a part where his face is obscured and unrecognisable, and who might have quietly impressed TPTB.

A thought that did occur is that perhaps the rumour has become slightly confused, and it is Julian as Davros who will be on Doctor Who - no bad thing.

Personally I'm still hoping for Ben Daniels, though really any of these more serious suggestions would be fine.

Comment

Yeah, I had an eye roll moment at the Pub bit.

But as a rumour it does have it's attractions. Somebody who has worked on Doctor Who before, in a part where his face is obscured and unrecognisable, and who might have quietly impressed TPTB.

A thought that did occur is that perhaps the rumour has become slightly confused, and it is Julian as Davros who will be on Doctor Who - no bad thing.

Personally I'm still hoping for Ben Daniels, though really any of these more serious suggestions would be fine.
        Yes, I'm still hoping for Ben Daniels too. But the points you raise about Julian are very good ones. I believe he is the only actor to have worked on Doctor Who, Torchwood, and The Sarah Jane Adventures as various characters in different guises so he does seem to be well liked by the local production team.

If he were cast as the Doctor's I'd be happy enough. Of course then you need to ask yourself "what about Davros?" If the evil scientist were to be brought back, could Julian pull double duty as the Doctor and Davros or should another actor be brought in to play the Dalek creator?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

White Queen actor Aneurin Barnard to replace Matt Smith as the next Doctor Who?
          ANEURIN Barnard has revealed that he is a big fan of Doctor Who and would "absolutely" consider taking on the role of the 12th Doctor.
          By: Kelby McNally
          Published: Fri, July 5, 2013

Link to full article here: http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbi...ext-Doctor-Who

Comment

Latest twitter & internet rumour.... Julian Bleach, aka Davros.

Good grief, we're getting focused. Aren't we casually ignoring the other slightly known actor in the image...

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
              Good grief, we're getting focused. Aren't we casually ignoring the other slightly known actor in the image...
              Oh wow, you're right! I had completely ignored everybody else in the picture until you said that.

That looks like John Hopkins!!
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/tovey-gorma...ctor-51482.htm
                Another day, another 12th Doctor denial, this time from Russell Tovey and Burn Gorman

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/tovey-gorma...ctor-51482.htm
                  Another day, another 12th Doctor denial, this time from Russell Tovey and Burn Gorman
                  This time I'm glad - they were okay in their respective roles but I'm not sure they could pull off the big one...

Comment

Whoever it is the whole world will know by Sunday evening GMT!!

I know my dreamcast of Robert Carlyle or Stephen Briggs is nearly impossible but still gah!

Comment

Originally posted by Vetinari View Post
                      Whoever it is the whole world will know by Sunday evening GMT!!
                      It'll know by Sunday evening BST too, which is probably sooner...

Comment

I blame a mix of excitement and lack of caffeine after a long day of trying to use a heavy bit of equipment on rather delicate objects (think using a hammer to nail daisies into a wall!)

Comment

Well as I've said in another thread...

The secret is out... It's not me...

But we'll all find out on Sunday.
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Blencathra said over in another thread that she saw someone on Twitter say that they recognised the voice in this trailer...

...and that the voice belonged to Ben Daniels. And they're right. That is indeed Ben Daniels' voice. Interesting...

Comment

Oh I do hope it's him. Hidden in plain sight. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up about one actor or another but in my eyes he's perfect.

Comment

Oh I do hope it's him. Hidden in plain sight. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up about one actor or another but in my eyes he's perfect.

There is something about him that does say "Doctor" to me I think. But I don't think we should build our hopes up too high because if it isn't him those hopes will come down crashing extra hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X