Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    I'm really glad you managed to find the Christmas special. It's a lovely, warm, fuzzy, feel-good episode.

I just loved The Wedding of River Song. It's one of my favourite episodes.

I guess the big question there is are they married or not? Does marrying the Doctor while he is inside a giant replica robot of himself count? And she didn't get to know his name either. But she definitely calls herself his wife when she talks to Amy in the garden after climbing out of the Byzantium. So I was thinking that if it didn't count, then they must marry again before the events of the Time of Angels. Cos I don't think River would make a mistake about that. I wonder if we will find out for certain in series 7?

Whatever, there was an excellent kiss and it was even better still on Doctor Who Confidential.
    i think the more important question here is how does a time lord define marriage???

i mean, in our culture there is a ceremony, a religious guy, what have you, but we don't know what time lords do to become married!!

as for him being inside of his robot self, he was there, so therefor i would have to say that still qualifies as being married.

but you are right that they should clarify what is going on with these two, and why is it that they don't warn her about her death. we concentrated so much on the doctor's death(as we should) that it just gets me that no one has warned her about her death.

Comment

Would the Doctor view River's death as one of those things that must happen or one of the things that could change? I mean, maybe Eleven was waiting in the wings to save River then.

Maybe?
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

With regard to Amy & Rory, I've been thinking that

Spoiler:

when they die the Doctor will save them to the CAL computer to be with River.

Though actually I've also been thinking that there is no way that River will have been sitting twiddling her thumbs while waiting in CAL. River Song, the Time Lady Victorious, inside the biggest library in the universe, isn't going to let anything like lack of a corporeal body stop her from being with the Doctor. I'm just wondering how long it will take her to bust out of there.

Comment

I'm watching "The Big Bang" here - thank you, BBCA! - and I'm wondering. How do Amy and Rory explain to their parents that their granddaughter is older than they are and won't be born until how many millenia in the future?
          sigpic

Comment

I'm watching "The Big Bang" here - thank you, BBCA! - and I'm wondering. How do Amy and Rory explain to their parents that their granddaughter is older than they are and won't be born until how many millenia in the future?
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think I would even attempt an explanation. Amy's parents might think she needs another trip to see the Psychiatrist. I think they should just say she's a friend. It's probably the safest!

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                Would the Doctor view River's death as one of those things that must happen or one of the things that could change? I mean, maybe Eleven was waiting in the wings to save River then.

Maybe?
                How can he possibly save her when her physical body has been destroyed?

River said it herself "don't dare change one line", she's done a lot of growing up over the years she's spent with Eleven, and values his orders to her.

Comment

The thing with changing one thing in a timestream, is that everything becomes in flux. It's just the boulders in the stream that have to remain constant. So to speak. Maybe Eleven was a split second sooner in realizing the possibility of River coming back via the data ghost and transporter (or whatever) and got to River before the data ghost deteriorated too much.

It's her past timeline she doesn't want changed. Not any future times with the Doctor that might come up.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've just spotted this on Tumblr. I had to steal it & share cos it's just so adorable.

Comment

O.O Wow, that's a good manip.
                      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Amazingly well done! Great find, Blenca!
                        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

There's a bit about River on Doctor Who TV and a quote from Th Moff about River and the Doctor which made me smile.

River is “The Queen of Mischief” in Series 7

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/river-is-th...es-7-36209.htm

I've put it in spoilers even though there is nothing too spoilery there.
                              Spoiler:

So far, we know that River Song will definitely appear in the fifth episode of Series 7, with possibly more to come. At Comic Con, Steven Moffat spoke a little about her return.

Moffat suggested that her appearance this time will be more of a one-off adventure, as they already did the “big River Song story” last year.

“She’s so the queen of mischief in [Episode 5],” teased producer Caroline Skinner.

Io9 asked Moffat if there’s any place left for the character to go after seeing her “birth, marriage and death,” as he put it. “There’s also just having River turn up and have fun on an adventure, which is fun too. She’s one of the people who can draw the Doctor into a mad adventure very, very quickly and very, very easily.

“That’s a different way of doing it. Sometimes you’ll just see her phoning the Doctor up and saying, ‘Let’s go see that.’ There’s that part of the relationship too, which is big bonafide adventure.”

So perhaps some of those gaps in her timeline will be filled in eventually.

Quizzed on whether we’ll see more of River’s “night journeys” with the Doctor: “I don’t know if we’d be allowed to! Heaven knows, I think it’s important that characters keep secrets from their writers, and the Doctor has not given us the information about what happens on those nights. He’s a gentlemen. Gentlemen never tell.”

Unfortunately it also appears we may not see so much of River this season but there again, Rule 1 (The Moff lies) so who knows.

Comment

Ya know. I'm looking forward to even the little tidbits of what we'll be getting. I'd love to know what The Doctor and River get up to aside from skating on the Thames with Stevie Wonder singing to them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X