Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/River Song Ship/Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all aired episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was she only married to Eleven?
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Don't know. I don't think it was ever specified.

As to the woman in the shop, it was before Clara knew the Doctor or her Impossible purpose in life. She might not have recognized River at the time.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

River needs your votes!

She's up against Rose in the Radio Times Champion Companion. I don't know how often you can vote.

http://www.radiotimes.com/companionchampion

Comment

She got my vote!

Comment

I think you can vote every hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
              River needs your votes!

She's up against Rose in the Radio Times Champion Companion. I don't know how often you can vote.

http://www.radiotimes.com/companionchampion
              River still needs you! Voting closes at 2 pm BST today.

Edit - And... she lost. Rose = 50.68%, River = 49.32%. Never mind. It was really close!
              Last edited by Blencathra; 08 September 2014, 05:05 AM.

Comment

To lose to Rose of all people
                sigpic
                My Site || My Blog

Comment

If she spent her whole life with the Eleventh Doctor, why does she check whether or not the Tenth and her are on the same page(pun intended). She's spent her whole life with 11 so obviously 10 either doesn't know her, barely knows her or knows her all too well.
                  That and the screwdriver make Silence In The Library bizarrely dated.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                    If she spent her whole life with the Eleventh Doctor, why does she check whether or not the Tenth and her are on the same page(pun intended). She's spent her whole life with 11 so obviously 10 either doesn't know her, barely knows her or knows her all too well.
                    That and the screwdriver make Silence In The Library bizarrely dated.
                    I think Ten barely knows her but does. There are several implications that there were one or two adventures between the Library and the Byzantium. The screwdriver was probably in there likely not knowing how much River would feature in Eleven's life and the prop dept forgot that River had Ten's screwdriver.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      I think Ten barely knows her but does. There are several implications that there were one or two adventures between the Library and the Byzantium. The screwdriver was probably in there likely not knowing how much River would feature in Eleven's life and the prop dept forgot that River had Ten's screwdriver.
                      She didn't have Ten's screwdriver, she had a different screwdriver to both Ten and Eleven...
                      sigpic
                      My Site || My Blog

Comment

If you take the evidence of River's diary in The Eternity Clock she has met all the Doctors so far, apart from perhaps the War Doctor & the 12th.

The Many Faces of River’s Sweetie

One: Grumpy, Rude. Hangs out with teachers – boring! And the worst taste in
                        hats – I missed the fez

Two: Fun but wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him. Offered to show me
                        "this cool place on Telos" – but I saw right through that (And I hope he chokes
                        on that recorder)

Three: Now we’re talking! Hair like a lion, Velvet and frills. Amazing gourmand.
                        We had a lot to talk about.

Four: Good hair. Good hat. Has fourteen of those scarves. All the same. They
                        take up a whole lot of room to themselves.

Page 7: (cont’d)

Five: Very sweet but strangely short-tempered. Also obsessed with some place
                        called the Eye of Harmony. A nightclub?

Six: I fear this was the payoff of all those conversations with Three. He was
                        aiming for my hair and fell some way short. Also, is that what it looks like when
                        you put clowns through a wood chipper?

Seven: Surprisingly Scottish! Always thinks big. Would have loved to get my
                        hands on that jumper - and thrown it into the nearest supernova.

Eight: Velvet and frills again? So passé. But oh my word - GREAT DIGS! Got
                        lost in the cloisters one afternoon I could have sworn I heard some American
                        begging to be let out.

Nine: Leather jacket. Funny accent. Big ears. And don’t mention the war!

NOTE: Need to buy more mnemosine recall-wipe vapour. Can’t keep hopping
                        into my sweetie’s life without it!

Comment

Somebody needs to make a book where River has adventures with the other Doctors, in anthology form. It would be fun to read.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

That would be awesome!
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm not even an absolute shipper, but I'd totally buy that!
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

War - Chipper and determined... I love that in a man! Shame about the beard.

12 - Unbelievably uptight. He had the nerve to tell me to take my shoulders off the table! And not very creative, either, he's got nothing I haven't seen before.

Comment

Working...
                                X