Doctor Who Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Was there ever a comic series in the 80s where The Doctor met the Transformers? I keep hearing this everywhere and now want to see if they really do exist.
    Can't say it rings any bells, but I've never been a comic book man... and I can't see the BBC agreeing to it...
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Was there ever a comic series in the 80s where The Doctor met the Transformers? I keep hearing this everywhere and now want to see if they really do exist.
      There was a comic strip where the Doctor met a robotic character from Transformers named Death's Head but he never actually met the Transformers themselves.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        There was a comic strip where the Doctor met a robotic character from Transformers named Death's Head but he never actually met the Transformers themselves.
        Oooh I wonder what happened in that meeting.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Just a wild guess......The Doctor won.
          sigpic
          Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Oooh I wonder what happened in that meeting.
            Well the TARDIS collided with Death's Head whilst both were travelling through the space/time vortex and both land on a planet. Death's Head, not being very happy about this (and being as massive as a Transformer), was getting ready to kill him but the Doctor zapped him using the Master's Tissue Compression Eliminator. On a flesh and blood person, the TCE would would have shrunk someone down and killed them...but all it did was reduce Death's Head to normal size and he proceeds to hunt for the Doctor. The Doctor takes advantage of Death's Heads rule and bargains his TARDIS for his life. He takes Death's Head inside the TARDIS but rather than take him on a test run he uses the TARDIS controls to lock on to the only mechanoid life sign within the ship and then dematerialises him to Earth in the year 8162.

But that would not be their last meeting...

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

^Which incarnation of the Doctor was that?
              sigpic
              Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
                ^Which incarnation of the Doctor was that?
                He was in his seventh incarnation.

Comment

Well the TARDIS collided with Death's Head whilst both were travelling through the space/time vortex and both land on a planet. Death's Head, not being very happy about this (and being as massive as a Transformer), was getting ready to kill him but the Doctor zapped him using the Master's Tissue Compression Eliminator. On a flesh and blood person, the TCE would would have shrunk someone down and killed them...but all it did was reduce Death's Head to normal size and he proceeds to hunt for the Doctor. The Doctor takes advantage of Death's Heads rule and bargains his TARDIS for his life. He takes Death's Head inside the TARDIS but rather than take him on a test run he uses the TARDIS controls to lock on to the only mechanoid life sign within the ship and then dematerialises him to Earth in the year 8162.

But that would not be their last meeting...

That actually sounds cool. Why didn't he just use the sonic and short him out. After all it's just a machine with AI that thinks its alive

Comment

That actually sounds cool. Why didn't he just use the sonic and short him out. After all it's just a machine with AI that thinks its alive
                    That would be because before NewWho, the Doctor had to *think* his way out of trouble...
                    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                    and lots more!

Comment

He was in his seventh incarnation.
                      Fourth, surely? Or am I thinking of something different?
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                        That would be because before NewWho, the Doctor had to *think* his way out of trouble...

This is probably true. New Who has made him rely on the sonic.

Comment

He didn't have a Sonic Screwdriver at the time. It was destroyed in the 1982 story The Visitation and he never got another one until the 1996 movie.

Comment

He didn't have a Sonic Screwdriver at the time. It was destroyed in the 1982 story The Visitation and he never got another one until the 1996 movie.
                            That and the Death's Head robot was an assasination machine and was kinda making it hard for The Doctor to do that what with the lazers and missles aimed at him.

I miss the Ol'Death's Head.

Him and the 7th Doctor actually meet about 4 or 5 times.
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                              That and the Death's Head robot was an assasination machine and was kinda making it hard for The Doctor to do that what with the lazers and missles aimed at him.

I miss the Ol'Death's Head.

Him and the 7th Doctor actually meet about 4 or 5 times.
                              Death's Head appeared in two Doctor Who comic strips but one of those appearances was just a cameo and the Doctor appeared in an issue of Death's Head.

Comment

And in the Incomplete Death's Head maxi series in a backstory.
                                I like Sharky
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X