This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
    Technically i doubt anyone but the Doctor/River/Rory/Amy will remember the events of TPO/TBB, as the timeline was reset once the Pandorica hit the TARDIS, it was only Amy's special brain and remembering stuff that they remember the events.

As the cracks in time were closed its safe to assume there was never any need for the alliance.

N.C
    Which makes Amy another Donna a lovely deus ex machina..

OK but what about the idea of the alliance. Was it the Silents that approached all these aliens and seeded the idea? Won't they also remember? and be a little ticked off?
    Last edited by Coco Pops; 28 April 2011, 05:15 AM.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Sooo... after these 2 first episodes, theories are abound
      So many unanswered questions, and so many new ones aswell
      Anyone got any nice juicy spoilers??

Comment

Ok, here is my wacky theory on the Silents:
        Spoiler:
        The Silents = Time Lords.
        Or what's left of them anyway, possibly deformed by the time war, cannot be remembered since they've been removed from history meaning they only exist in the present (i.e. when you're looking at them). They've been trying to build TARDIS's as we have seen, they can fire lightning out their hands as the Master could last time he popped up. They used Amy to create the little girl, who is the first of a new race of Time Lords, complete with regenerations. They used Earth because they know it's basically where the Doctor calls home now, so they could access his DNA if they needed it. They've been manipulating Earth's history in an attempt to bring the Time Lord race back to life and have finally succeeded in creating a prototype (the little girl) who they incubated in the space suit until she escaped. Perhaps she brings about the return of the Time Lords, and at the end needs to remove the final piece of the old Time Lords (i.e. the Doctor) by killing him. Perhaps this is also somehow related to what the Daleks did last series- the Daleks bring about their return so the Time Lords do the same, in a similar fashion.

Ok, some bits may be far fetched. I expanded on my theory as I was writing it. But you have to admit, it makes a fair bit of sense. Personally I prefer it to the
        Spoiler:
        Girl = River

theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
          Spoiler:

theory.
          I've been thinking something similar. They definitely have some link to the Time Lords, no way the similarities with their time ship and the TARDIS is coincidental, and their scheme seems to hinge upon a Time Baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
            Ok, here is my wacky theory on the Silents:
            Spoiler:
            Or what's left of them anyway, possibly deformed by the time war, cannot be remembered since they've been removed from history meaning they only exist in the present (i.e. when you're looking at them). They've been trying to build TARDIS's as we have seen, they can fire lightning out their hands as the Master could last time he popped up. They used Amy to create the little girl, who is the first of a new race of Time Lords, complete with regenerations. They used Earth because they know it's basically where the Doctor calls home now, so they could access his DNA if they needed it. They've been manipulating Earth's history in an attempt to bring the Time Lord race back to life and have finally succeeded in creating a prototype (the little girl) who they incubated in the space suit until she escaped. Perhaps she brings about the return of the Time Lords, and at the end needs to remove the final piece of the old Time Lords (i.e. the Doctor) by killing him. Perhaps this is also somehow related to what the Daleks did last series- the Daleks bring about their return so the Time Lords do the same, in a similar fashion.

Ah.....That actually sounds all kinds of awesome.. But if that's true why did they mess around by creating cracks and all last season, and the whole "silence will fall" voice and theme? I believe the Silents were responsible for all the nonsense last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              Ah.....That actually sounds all kinds of awesome.. But if that's true why did they mess around by creating cracks and all last season, and the whole "silence will fall" voice and theme? I believe the Silents were responsible for all the nonsense last season.
              Spoiler:
              Umm... I don't remember all the details from last season. The cracks were from the TARDIS exploding- I'm guessing the TARDIS was with the Doctor when he did his timewar ending thing... it could somehow be connected. Or, the very fact that it's from Gallifrey could be important. Like, it exploding created the cracks which were supposed to allow the Time Lords to return through them. We know that things which go into the cracks are removed from time (like Amy's parents, Rory etc) so why can't things already removed from time (i.e. Gallifrey (Gallifray?)) come back through it? Perhaps it's the TARDIS itself trying to bring the Time Lords back by remembering them. Hmm... but then, people still remember the Time Lords, despite them not existing in any space and time anymore...

As for "Silence will fall", I have to go a bit further out there. Maybe Silence is the name of the region on the other side of the cracks, i.e. the current home of the Time Lords, which will fall when they abandon it. Nah, I don't like that one so much. It's reaching. I'll think about it.

Comment

Something else came to my mind, where is the future Doctor's Tardis in 'The Impossible Astronaut'? He travelled with an American style 60's car.

Comment

Originally posted by vp1398 View Post
                  Something else came to my mind, where is the future Doctor's Tardis in 'The Impossible Astronaut'? He travelled with an American style 60's car.

Didn't they park it in the Oval Office and leave from there in the TARDIS?

Comment

That's fine, but in the beginning of the Impossible Astronaut, the 1103 year old Doctor (the version that was killed by the astronaut), did not have the Tardis, he had a 1960s red car. I am writing about this version Doctor's Tardis.

Comment

Originally posted by vp1398 View Post
                      That's fine, but in the beginning of the Impossible Astronaut, the 1103 year old Doctor (the version that was killed by the astronaut), did not have the Tardis, he had a 1960s red car. I am writing about this version Doctor's Tardis.
                      Ooh maybe the car was the TARDIS and he had fixed the chameleon circuit

Comment

HAA that's a good idea.

Comment

Preview clips from tomorrows episode Curse of the Black Spot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00gqrv7

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00gqrsd

An interview with Hugh Bonneville

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne...th_the_Captain

And finally, introducing the episode

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00grd0t

Comment

Shadowy figure in The Impossible Astronaut..... Could the shack be a TARDIS
                            http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5010/partycrasher.jpg

And who are these
                            http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4509/dw1w.jpg

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3597/dw2jm.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Shadowy figure in The Impossible Astronaut..... Could the shack be a TARDIS
                              http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5010/partycrasher.jpg
                              Thanks for posting that! Hmm... That's really interesting. I'm not 100% sold that it's a person though. It seems like the shadow's "legs" kind of taper in. Definitely something to consider given TBB shadow people, though.

Comment

The Silents look like the Slendermen

Comment

Working...
                                X