Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karen Gillan Appreciation/Thunk/WOW Thread (11th Doctor Spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, it was Grace Holloway, then Donna Noble. And now, Amy Pond.

The Doctor seems to have a thing for red heads (not that that is a bad thing mind you )

You'd have to wonder who would be next if he keeps following this pattern. I'm hoping for Felicia Day myself as a next companion.

But yes, Karen is indeed, easy on the eyes.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I do really, REALLY hope that Karen Gillan sticks around for a couple of series and possibly more. I really don't want Karen to become a one series companion like Freema Agyeman and Catherine Tate were...not that there's anything wrong with being a one series companion mind. I adored Martha and Donna's times in the TARDIS. I'm just greedy and want to see more of the 11th Doctor and Amy together in the TARDIS beyond one series.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I do really, REALLY hope that Karen Gillan sticks around for a couple of series and possibly more.
        Spoiler:
        She's back for Series 2/6/32.... apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
          Spoiler:
          She's back for Series 2/6/32.... apparently.
          I don't know what it says in that spoiler tag but I'm gonna keep my natural optimism going and assume it's good news.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            I don't know what it says in that spoiler tag but I'm gonna keep my natural optimism going and assume it's good news.
            It is! Don't worry. Karen Gillan FTW!

Comment

Probably the Companion that I have taken the most and the most instant liking to.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                Probably the Companion that I have taken the most and the most instant liking to.
                Ditto. And after Donna Noble, that's saying something - I didn't think the Doctor would ever get a companion as much fun and as likeable as Donna, and in three episodes, Amy/Karen has proved me wrong. AND she's extremely pleasant in a somewhat less than intellectual capacity too...
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I just hope that she doesn't become another product of repetition and show up in almost every series after her initial run is finished just like Billie Piper.

Karen deserves better than what Billie ended up doing after she left the show the first time.
                  Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Secret Diary of a Call Girl was a fun show in its first year. It's gone downhill pretty fast since then, though.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                      I just hope that she doesn't become another product of repetition and show up in almost every series after her initial run is finished just like Billie Piper.

Karen deserves better than what Billie ended up doing after she left the show the first time.
                      I can't see that happening. Steven Moffat feels more "traditional" in his Doctor Who writing in that there's no family except a boyfriend for Amy so returns to 21st century Earth will not be so frequent as it was in Series 1 to 4 so I think that when Steven does write Amy out...she'll be gone. However Amy leaves, I doubt she'll be a haunting presence in the Doctor's background as Rose was after Series 2. One thing I don't want is for Amy to outlive the Doctor's 11th incarnation as Rose outlived the 9th Doctor. I want the TARDIS crews to go something like this:
                      • The Doctor and Amy

• New companion(s) join Doctor and Amy.

• The Doctor, Amy, and new companion(s).

• Amy leaves Doctor and new companion(s).

• The Doctor and new companion(s).

• Many companions coming and going during this period.

• The Doctor regenerates either alone or with a companion or more surrounding him.

I want it so that whilst Amy is in the TARDIS, she and the Doctor are joined by new friend(s) in their travels and they all have a few adventures together. Then, for whatever reason, Amy leaves and the Doctor won't be alone because he has new companions already with him.

Comment

I am also hoping for more than one companion in the future. That's one of the things I've really been enjoying about classic Who.

Not to outshine the lovely Karen Gillian mind you, I just think it adds a great dynamic to have more than two people in that fabulous blue box.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          Ditto. And after Donna Noble, that's saying something - I didn't think the Doctor would ever get a companion as much fun and as likeable as Donna, and in three episodes, Amy/Karen has proved me wrong. AND she's extremely pleasant in a somewhat less than intellectual capacity too...
                          The thing with Donna is that I did not like her too much...was not too sure of her in the first episode ...the Runaway Bride. But now, with Amy, first time out, bang, I like her instantly. No doubt in my mind. So she is a bit ahead of Donna there

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            I am also hoping for more than one companion in the future. That's one of the things I've really been enjoying about classic Who.

Not to outshine the lovely Karen Gillian mind you, I just think it adds a great dynamic to have more than two people in that fabulous blue box.
                            I agree and I think Steven Moffat would agree too. As far as I'm aware, Moffat likes Peter Davison's era and during that time the Doctor had more than one companion with him and Moffat liked that too. Evidence of Moffat's enjoyment of the Davison era has been evident quite a bit in several ways recently so maybe he'll also give the Matt Smith era of the show a TARDIS team of more than just the Doctor and a single companion.

I'd say watch this time and space.

Comment

Karen @ Best of British party

Spoiler:

Comment

drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Comment

Working...
                                X