Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    I just finished watching "Rose" and I'm now watching "The End of the World." It's interesting to go back to the beginning of the new Who. I almost forgot how much I liked the Ninth Doctor.
    He was the first Doctor I ever watched and I thought he did a really brilliant job of it.

When I compare nine and ten (and I'm aware there is much, much more to either one of them), nine has the cooler way of delivering gorgeous lines and ten has the most awesome ways of flying the Tardis.

Not striktly Doctor Who but who is counting anyway: Torchwood Cyberwoman.
    Twinchy---
    sigpic
    FanFic---------------------------------------------------Twinchy's Lair

Comment

The Sarah Jane Adventures 3.01-02 Prisoner of the Judoon
      The Sarah Jane Adventures 3.03-04 The Mad Woman in the Attic
      The Sarah Jane Adventures 3.05-06 The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith
      The Sarah Jane Adventures 3.07-08 The Eternity Trap
      The Sarah Jane Adventures 3.09-10 Mona Lisa's Revenge

Doctor Who 30.16 The Waters of Mars
      Doctor Who Dreamland
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Green Death.

Blleaaaghhhhh! Maggots!

Comment

Who are you calling a maggot?

(No, I know what you're talking about )
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Sarah Jane Adventures 3.11-12 The Gift

Doctor Who 30.17-18 The End of Time
            Doctor Who 31.01 The Eleventh Hour
            Doctor Who Meanwhile in the TARDIS 1
            Doctor Who 31.02 The Beast Below
            Doctor Who 31.03 Victory of the Daleks

Man, the change from the Ten to Eleven era is just so dramatic. The high-def filming really comes into its own after being introduced in the specials....it's like Moff and crew went to a posh HD school while RTD and co. were amateurs playing at HD. Not to knock RTD, it's just that the visual difference is so dramatic. The production quality of the HD is through the roof, and choice of colour palette in the direction, the VFX, wow. I'd forgotten just how huge a change it is. Even though Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are younger and less 'mature' than Tennant/Tate, it really feels like the show grows up at this point; from child's play to a major, major production.

And with the Silence Will Fall hints dropped in the first episode of Series 31....gah I'm just itching for Series 32 now!

Comment

The Leisure Hive
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Talking about Tennant and Tate, I watched Partners in Crime tonight.
                Twinchy---
                sigpic

Comment

Doctor Who 31.04 The Time of Angels
                  Doctor Who 31.05 Flesh and Stone
                  Doctor Who Meanwhile in the TARDIS 2
                  Doctor Who 31.06 The Vampires of Venice
                  Doctor Who 31.07 Amy's Choice

I think Amy's Choice may have been my favourite episode of last year.

Comment

Doctor Who 31.08 The Hungry Earth
                    Doctor Who 31.09 Cold Blood

In hindsight, probably my least favourite episodes of the season. Watching it today, I had a hard time getting through it largely because I didn't care for most of the characters. They tried to play Ambrose as the slighted mother/daughter/wife, but she just came across as an idiot. Meanwhile her son. husband, and father was flat and uninteresting.

And Alaya/her twin, man. I don't know whether it was good writing or bad acting, but what an unsympathetic character. By the end of the episodes I was glad to watch her and her entire caste die. That's not really a feeling I'm comfortable with Doctor Who evoking.

Comment

Doctor Who 31.10 Vincent and the Doctor
                      Doctor Who 31.11 The Lodger
                      Doctor Who 31.12 The Pandorica Opens
                      Doctor Who 31.13 The Big Bang

The Sarah Jane Adventures 4.01-02 The Nightmare Man
                      The Sarah Jane Adventures 4.03-04 The Vault of Secrets
                      The Sarah Jane Adventures 4.05-06 Death of the Doctor

Are those poor kids ever going to get intro credits billing? Oh and what the heck is up with the tiny little ties they wear to school?

I'm also finding that I've been quite enjoying the direction that SJA is taking in late S3/into S4. It's nice to see the kids growing up on-screen; the hints at Clyde maybe being interested in Rani but so awkward are fun. And the episode about Luke going away to school was very nicely done, it reminded me a lot of when I went away to university.

Comment

The Seeds of Death
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
                        Originally posted by Jonzey
                        Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

The Fires of Pompeii New Who, Season Four
                          Twinchy---
                          sigpic

Comment

The Sarah Jane Adventures 4.07-08 The Empty Planet
                            The Sarah Jane Adventures 4.09-10 Lost in Time

Is it just me or was Rani/that actress using a WILDLY different accent in the first half of The Empty Planet?

Comment

Originally posted by Twinchy View Post
                              He was the first Doctor I ever watched and I thought he did a really brilliant job of it.

When I compare nine and ten (and I'm aware there is much, much more to either one of them), nine has the cooler way of delivering gorgeous lines and ten has the most awesome ways of flying the Tardis.

Not striktly Doctor Who but who is counting anyway: Torchwood Cyberwoman.
                              Eleven is my current favorite. Nine and Ten are virtually tied. I guess I really like the extreme eccentricity of Eleven. The playful fairy tale Raggedy Doctor whimsy he displayed was a breath of fresh air. Nine was very down-to-earth (for a Time Lord) and felt the most "human" to me. Ten was a figure that was almost god-like in gravity and seriousness.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Man, the change from the Ten to Eleven era is just so dramatic. The high-def filming really comes into its own after being introduced in the specials....it's like Moff and crew went to a posh HD school while RTD and co. were amateurs playing at HD. Not to knock RTD, it's just that the visual difference is so dramatic. The production quality of the HD is through the roof, and choice of colour palette in the direction, the VFX, wow. I'd forgotten just how huge a change it is. Even though Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are younger and less 'mature' than Tennant/Tate, it really feels like the show grows up at this point; from child's play to a major, major production.

And with the Silence Will Fall hints dropped in the first episode of Series 31....gah I'm just itching for Series 32 now!
                              I'm glad I'm not the only one that picked up on the different feel. Even though the tone of the show radically shifted from the Tenth Doctor, the quality of the sets and the video quality itself was a big notch up from what I saw in the past.

I think Amy's Choice may have been my favourite episode of last year.
                              As more stand-alone episodes, I really liked Amy's Choice, Vincent and the Doctor, and the Lodger. All are so radically from each other but are part of the interesting tapestry that is series 5.

Doctor Who 31.08 The Hungry Earth
                              Doctor Who 31.09 Cold Blood

In hindsight, probably my least favourite episodes of the season. Watching it today, I had a hard time getting through it largely because I didn't care for most of the characters. They tried to play Ambrose as the slighted mother/daughter/wife, but she just came across as an idiot. Meanwhile her son. husband, and father was flat and uninteresting.

And Alaya/her twin, man. I don't know whether it was good writing or bad acting, but what an unsympathetic character. By the end of the episodes I was glad to watch her and her entire caste die. That's not really a feeling I'm comfortable with Doctor Who evoking.
                              I liked virtually every other episode in series 5 except this two-parter with the Silurians. I suppose I just didn't find the story very likable. This is of course subjective. That and eliminating Rory didn't exactly endear this story line to me either.
                              sigpic

Comment

There's just something about Amy's Choice that really really grabs me. I find that it's just such a brilliant story that it's something I'd love to see adapted into other sci-fi stories. How cool would it be if, for instance, it showed up in a Star Trek series and the Dream Lord was a real villain. End a season with an Amy's Choice episode, and the villain abducts the person who didn't get chosen or something like that. Whole new story arc then; hunt for villain, search for the missing, maybe the missing goes evil as a result of being left behind...the possibilities are endless!

Regarding the Silurian story though, just 'meh'. I was glad to find out that the Silurians (or something like them) would be returning in Series 31. And it was a story with such potential, and potential to be revisted later but like I said, I just found the characters too off for the episodes to be enjoyable.

The Sarah Jane Adventures 4.11-12 Goodbye, Sarah Jane Smith

Doctor Who 32.00 A Christmas Carol

Comment

Working...
                                X