Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Doctor Who episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Runaway Bride

Comment

18.03 Full Circle
      18.04 State of Decay

Tom Baker and Lalla Ward are REALLY on their A-game in these stories! Really nice to see, with both their departures looming
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm currently watching The Pandorica Opens on DVD. It'll be followed up by The Big Bang of course.
        sigpic

Comment

18.05 Warriors' Gate
          18.06 The Keeper of Traken
          18.07 Logopolis

I liked Warriors' Gate, even if Romana's departure was a little abrupt and unceremonious. Its low budget is pretty clear, but I actually think that really helped the feel of the show with all that whiteness.

The Keeper of Traken was....well, a bit of a longwinded way of reintroducing the Master for this story arc. I'm not sure it needed an entire 4-part story for what it accomplished. Logopolis was quite a bit more interesting though. Police box inside a TARDIS inside a TARDIS, awesome. Logopolis holding the universe together? Even more awesome. The Doctor having to work with the Master to save creation? Very awesome.

Not sold on the new Master yet though. It's like they're trying very hard for Roger Delgado, but it's kind of falling flat. And I'm really unimpressed with both Tegan and Nyssa at this point. But Adric has been a pleasant surprise. After a bit of a dull start, he's become a rather interesting addition.

Regarding Tom Baker's exit....ehh. With all the huge changes that came with the start of this season, I have a hard time not seeing him as overstaying his welcome. Still, he brought his A-game to most of the stories this season and was a terrific Doctor for a long time. He'll be missed, even though I'm looking forward to Peter Davison.

Still not clear what the heck "the Monitor" was supposed to be though. "It was the Doctor all along!" Hang on, what?
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

19.01 Castrovalva

This one has the best bit of behind-the-scenes trivia I've ever found on the TARDIS Wikia:

For the final scene, the script called for Adric to look "pallid" as he was still recovering from the effects of imprisonment by The Master. According to the commentary on the DVD, this was accidentally achieved by Matthew Waterhouse, who had a hangover from the night before from drinking too much. Whilst the cameras were filming The Doctor and Tegan in conversation about who landed the TARDIS, Matthew was being sick behind a tree.

Comment

K9 and Company Pilot A Girl's Best Friend

Doctor Who 19.02 Four to Doomsday
              Doctor Who 19.03 Kinda

Nyssa, still useless. Tegan, completely useless. The robot machine thingy in Kinda--did they did a War Machine out of storage and just redress it slightly?
              Last edited by DigiFluid; 08 February 2011, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Doctor Who
                1.05 The Keys of Marinus

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The Brain Of Morbius
                  Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Doctor Who 19.04 The Visitation
                    Doctor Who 19.05 Black Orchid
                    Doctor Who 19.06 Earthshock

Didn't like the Cybermen in Earthshock. They were too....human. For creatures that are supposed to be purely logical and have no emotion, those guys sure can emote. And the decision to make the lower mouthpiece transparent and paint the actor's jaw silver--wtf?

And it was a real shame that Tegan was involved in this story (in any capacity) while the much more interesting and useful Nyssa was relegated to hanging out in the TARDIS with the human soldiers.

A great send-off for Adric, very sad. Especially that the end credits were silent and showed his smashed star

Some nice moments too. I especially liked that the Cybermen got into the TARDIS. Damn!
                    Last edited by DigiFluid; 10 February 2011, 07:00 AM. Reason: got my numbers wrong, d'oh

Comment

Episodes 3 and 4 of "Caves of Androzani".
                      sigpic
                      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Doctor Who 19.07 Time-Flight
                        Doctor Who 20.01 Arc of Infinity

Not really sure why Tegan spends all of Arc of Infinity wearing a corset, but at least it looks good And this is by far the least annoying she's been so far. Nyssa was quite good in this story as well. I wish they'd give her a costume change once in a while though, that velvet Renaissance fair outfit must be getting pretty rank at this point

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Doctor Who 19.07 Time-Flight
                          Doctor Who 20.01 Arc of Infinity

Not really sure why Tegan spends all of Arc of Infinity wearing a corset, but at least it looks good And this is by far the least annoying she's been so far. Nyssa was quite good in this story as well. I wish they'd give her a costume change once in a while though, that velvet Renaissance fair outfit must be getting pretty rank at this point
                          Wait, is this the first time that you have sat down and watched Peter Davisons serials?

Nyssa's costume change is coming soon. Don't you worry about that.

Doesn't matter what Tegan is made to wear, she was always be annoying, and there is nothing that can be done about it now, seeing as this was broadcasted several years ago and all.

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                            Wait, is this the first time that you have sat down and watched Peter Davisons serials?
                            It is! I don't know if you've been following what I've been posting in this thread all these months, but I'm in the process of watching through all of Who from beginning to end. When I was a kid, I caught the odd episode on TV at my grandparents' house (the black and white intro scared the crap out of me), but this is my first time enjoying all of the stories as an adult

Nyssa's costume change is coming soon. Don't you worry about that.
                            Yes, I'm there now. Thank goodness!

Doesn't matter what Tegan is made to wear, she was always be annoying, and there is nothing that can be done about it now, seeing as this was broadcasted several years ago and all.
                            But the Doctor is a Time Lord, surely he can erase things from history

edit; to clarify, no, I'm not old enough to have watched black and white TV as a kid. I'm talking about having seen black and white reruns on my grandparents' TV
                            Last edited by DigiFluid; 10 February 2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              It is! I don't know if you've been following what I've been posting in this thread all these months, but I'm in the process of watching through all of Who from beginning to end.
                              My visits here have been sparse recently so I haven't been keeping up with your posts. Sorry about that.

I finished watching all available classic Who eps from "Logopolis (Tom Bakers' last serial)" all the way upto "Survival (Slyvester McCoys' last serial before the Paul McGann TV movie)"a couple of months ago, and just recently finished with Tom Baker's seven year run. Watched Tom Bakers' last since he was the longest serving Doctor.
                              DVDs, and tracked down VHS and taped copies. Took me ages to find a working copy of "Silver Nemesis" on VHS before the DVD was released, lol

Now, I have to carry on from where I left off from William Hartnells' serials. Last William Hartnell serial I watched was "The Keys Of Marinus" on DVD and then "The Sensorites" on the BBC Classic Who YouTube channel. Having a hard time tracking down "The Aztecs" though, which is the serial between TKOM and TS.

Comment

Doctor Who 20.02 Snakedance
                                Doctor Who 20.03 Mawdryn Undead

New costumes for Nyssa and Tegan! The Mara! The Black Guardian! The flippin' Brigadier!!

Comment

Working...
                                X