The 10th Doctor Whump Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! *waves*
    I've been reading this thread for the past few days - glad I found it!
    I must confess to being a bit of a whump addict for whatever fandom I'm in and the 10th is just so delicious!
    Loving the fic recommendations so far, and thought I'd suggest one I found (apologies if it's already been suggested).
    "Skeletons in the Cupboard" by tardis-mole (on ff.net)
    It does feature Ten/Martha and there is a quite a bit devoted to a non-canon back story for Martha, but the last chapter is very whump, with Medical!Martha. Enjoy and keep posting other recommendations!

Comment

Originally posted by Libre View Post
      Hi! *waves*
      I've been reading this thread for the past few days - glad I found it!
      I must confess to being a bit of a whump addict for whatever fandom I'm in and the 10th is just so delicious!
      Loving the fic recommendations so far, and thought I'd suggest one I found (apologies if it's already been suggested).
      It does feature Ten/Martha and there is a quite a bit devoted to a non-canon back story for Martha, but the last chapter is very whump, with Medical!Martha. Enjoy and keep posting other recommendations!
      Welcome!! Glad to have new fic recc'ed. I will have to read that when I get home from work tonight!! Thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

Hey Libre! *waves back* Thanks for the ficrec Although I'm not a shipper, I find Medical Martha/Doctor very cute
        sigpic

"You wanna hide?"
        "We can call it strategic concealment."

Comment

Originally posted by Libre View Post
          She's my part-time proofreader and good friend XD I've proofread a lot of her stuff and it's veeery nice.

One in the making by her is Implied Memory and if you think chapter two's good, it's even BETTER later on...

MORE PICS?!

"Doctor who?" *groooan...*

"Anything else he's got two of?" I LOVE JACKIE!!! XD

"He keeps apples in his dressing gown?!"

"I NEED YOU TO SHUT UP!"

Did you hear the thud of David's head hitting the wall?

Cutest cap EVER!

Last one... really...

Okay, I'm done!

Comment

Originally posted by reddwarfaddict View Post
            She's my part-time proofreader and good friend XD I've proofread a lot of her stuff and it's veeery nice.

One in the making by her is Implied Memory and if you think chapter two's good, it's even BETTER later on...
            Lovely pictures - I was just re-watching that episode.
            I'm so glad you posted the link to that story - I spotted it when the first chapter was uploaded and was trying to remember where I had read "that" story! Jealous that you know what's going to happen....

Comment

Did a little bit of tweaking to my 10 whumpfic and divided it up into chapters. Here's the new URL:

http://www.whofic.com/viewstory.php?sid=27104

Off to see if I can dig up any more whumpfic lurking around out there!

Comment

Anyone see Thursday's DWM? Some SERIOUS whumpage going on there! *melts into a puddle on the floor*

Comment

Anyone see Thursday's DWM? Some SERIOUS whumpage going on there! *melts into a puddle on the floor*
                  Whats the DWM? I certainly don't want to miss out on any whumpage!

Comment

I've been lurking here for a while, but might I ask what's that and where can I get a hold of it? (in the US)

You've brought me out of hiding! Lol.

"Why exactly are you smiling?"
                    "The worse it gets, the more I love it!"

Comment

Originally posted by ellijay View Post
                      Whats the DWM? I certainly don't want to miss out on any whumpage!
                      Doctor Who Marathon??
                      sigpic

"You wanna hide?"
                      "We can call it strategic concealment."

Comment

DWM = Dr Who Magazine. I used to get it every month but haven't gotten around to getting the last few editions. Might have to check it out.

http://www.drwho-online.co.uk/DWM/DWM.htm

Am guessing the whump might be in the comic strip? They've had some decent whump in those comic strip stories before now...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                          DWM = Dr Who Magazine. I used to get it every month but haven't gotten around to getting the last few editions. Might have to check it out.

http://www.drwho-online.co.uk/DWM/DWM.htm

Am guessing the whump might be in the comic strip? They've had some decent whump in those comic strip stories before now...
                          Ah that's what I thought. Of course, it's gonna be a whole month before it gets to Barnes and Noble here.

I've gotten a hold of all the DW comic books online w/ Ten in them though. My favorites are the first two of the "Forgotten" series. The illustrations are freaking brilliant! Added bonus that it's illustrated whump. The rest of the comics have pretty bad illustrations... meh.

Comment

^Gah! MORE!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

The comic strip goes something like this:

Doctor gets wound up in green tendrils...
                              Doctor gets zapped by angry man and falls unconscious...
                              Doctor gets wired into machinery...
                              Doctor's memories get a bit of a probing...
                              Doctor gets unwired, now groggy...

The Forgotten? I've never even heard of them! They kept that quiet, for sure. Where can I get it? *flutters eyelashes*
                              Last edited by reddwarfaddict; 21 November 2008, 06:48 PM.

Comment

I get all my DW stuff from this wonderful site...

http://z15.invisionfree.com/WHOshare/

And the comics (you need winRAR) in order to open the files

Part 1
                                http://www.mediafire.com/?mjpavm24qrp
                                Part 2
                                http://www.mediafire.com/?jmttwnr30yy

Or... you can buy them, but I have no idea where to find them anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X