No announcement yet.

You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You hear on the news that MI-5 are appointing a Special Scientific Advisor, and you think "Hmmmm... Would his name be Dr. John Smith, perchance?"
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I was walking back to my room this afternoon and there was a guy wearing a grey-ish olive green uniform, a winged pin on his chest, and a red beret... I had to do a triple take... definitely makes me consider making a Doctor Who viewing club next year, see if he comes, because he looked like he belonged with UNIT
      Spoiler:
      Before you met me I was a fairy princess
      I caught frogs and called them prince
      And made myself a queen
      Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
      I slept in castles and fell in love
      Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
      To capture tinkerbell
      They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
      But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
      And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
      And anything I can to get by
      And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

I saw a package at work last night going out to a fella in Poland, and for a split second before my eyes focused properly (it was nearly ten at night and I was dog tired) I could've sworn that the guy's name was Abslom Daak.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

got this one after making a new friend with whom I plan on setting up a Doctor Who club next year....

you crochet Doctor and Master dolls for yourself and one of your friends

or...
          you have the TARDIS materialization sound as your ringtone

or you consider creating a Doctor Who club after realizing that all the pyrates at your school love the show!
          Spoiler:
          Before you met me I was a fairy princess
          I caught frogs and called them prince
          And made myself a queen
          Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
          I slept in castles and fell in love
          Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
          To capture tinkerbell
          They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
          But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
          And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
          And anything I can to get by
          And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

You're watching the "Invasion of Time", and when the Sontarans burst through the door, you immediately shout - "Nnnnnnnnobody expects the Sontaran Inquisition!"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              You're watching the "Invasion of Time", and when the Sontarans burst through the door, you immediately shout - "Nnnnnnnnobody expects the Sontaran Inquisition!"

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                Thankew, thankew! Yer a wunnerful audience!
                sigpic

Comment

you're at Barnes&Noble you see a book called 'Alien Invasion Survival Handbook : A Defense Manual for the Coming Extraterrestrial Apocalypse' and comment that you should give the book to Torchwood Three.

...and then your friend (and fellow Whovian) says that they most likely wrote it.

Comment

You suddenly realise that buying Classic Dr. Who DVDs is addictive...

I only started off with "Genesis of the Daleks" cos my friends bought it for me as a birthday present last year.

Then I bought "The Invasion" for myself cos I wondered how the two missing eps would look in Flash animation...

Then I bought "Image of the Fendahl" cos I had some very vivid memories of watching it on the TV when I was a sprog...

Then I bought the Sontaran boxed set ("The Time Warrior", "The Sontaran Experiment", "The Invasion of Time", and "The Two Doctors") cos it was only £20...

Is there any hope for me?
                    sigpic

Comment

I looooove Image Of The Fendahl

They were my favourite who monsters
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Waiting on "Planet of the Spiders", cos it's the very first Dr. Who I ever remember watching, ever!
                        sigpic

Comment

wow now i feel like a class Who traitor cause ive never seen ANY of the old episodes
                          sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
                            wow now i feel like a class Who traitor cause ive never seen ANY of the old episodes
                            don't worry, you're not alone. I haven't seen any of the classic episode either. Although one day I hope to fix that

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
                              Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                              don't worry, you're not alone. I haven't seen any of the classic episode either. Although one day I hope to fix that
                              You poor, deprived children...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                You poor, deprived children...
                                I know right? I'd buy them at Barnes&Noble but I keep getting distracted by the books...

Comment

Working...
                                X