This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    Some say he's a senseless collection of killer shadows. Some say he doesn't need flesh cos driving is in his bones. All I know is...
    fantastic, green on the way

Comment

Haha! I've just greened yours in the ep thread

Madeleine

Comment

Haha! I've just greened yours in the ep thread
        Thanks

Comment

I'll keep calling him 'Space Stig', lol.
          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

On Blogtor Who there's an interview that Jonathan Ross (BBC Radio 2) with David Tennant about various things. In the third part of the interview ( as the blog states), he talks about the next Christmas special.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2008/...oss-radio.html

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
              On Blogtor Who there's an interview that Jonathan Ross (BBC Radio 2) with David Tennant about various things. In the third part of the interview ( as the blog states), he talks about the next Christmas special.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2008/...oss-radio.html
              Ooh thanks for that. I have trouble getting the listen again feature on the Beeb's radio websites to work on my computer so I'll check this out instead when I get home.
              sigpic

Comment

A little bit of fun "news"...

This next weekend in London is the 2nd Annual Red Bull Flugtag - you know that nutty thing where people attempt to "fly" off a ramp over the Serpentine?

Here's one of the teams taking part this year - Team TARBIS (Time and Red Bull in Space).

The team leader is actually my friends' plumber (and has had to delay some of the work he's doing on her bathroom cos he's been too busy building his TARDIS! )
                sigpic

Comment

The new edition of Doctor Who Magazine is out this week in the UK, and features include:

Spoiler:
                  Actress Billie Piper talks exclusively about her imminent return to Doctor Who – and how Rose’s character has developed – in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine...

“She’s changed. She’s hardened. She’s been through a lot in her parallel world. I think she’s been through emotional turmoil. She’s quite sad and lonely, but also really bolshy and – that great quality that Rose has – just so headstrong and single-minded.”

Billie promises us another healthy quota of tear-jerking, heart-rending moments in this year’s finale. Are those sorts of scenes as exhausting to perform as the technically-complex effects sequences? “It’s just a different kind of intensity, but equally as intense, because you really have to focus. You’re imagining things, seeing things, that aren’t there. That takes a lot of concentration. But this series will make you cry. That’s a promise.”

ALSO THIS ISSUE:
                  • DWM talks to The League of Gentlemen’s Steve Pemberton about his role in the much-anticipated Doctor Who story, Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead.
                  • Previews of the forthcoming Series Four episodes – Midnight and Turn Left – featuring new and previously unpublished photos!
                  • Russell T Davies talks candidly to DWM readers about his latest trip to the BAFTA awards and meeting an acting legend in Production Notes.
                  • Who’s best? UNIT or the Sontarans? There was only one way to find out… FIGHT! DWM was there to file an exclusive report on the epic battle…
                  • Whodunnit? And why – and how?! DWM investigates the mysterious happenings at Eddison Hall with a behind-the-scenes look at The Unicorn and the Wasp, featuring excusive interviews with the cast and crew.
                  • The Doctor and Donna encounter Zombies and Sycorax in Part Two of the latest, full colour, comic strip adventure, The Widow’s Curse.
                  • Who are the great ‘unsung heroes’ of Doctor Who? Discover the surprising answers in You Are Not Alone!
                  • Actor Joe Dempsie, star of The Doctor’s Daughter, reveals all on love, war and, er, kissing a Hath.
                  • It’s the end of the series... and Davros is back! Find out what happened when the Time Team watched 1985’s Revelation of the Daleks...
                  • Which story do fans most want out on DVD? Discover the answer, and much more, as the results of the DWM merchandise poll are finally revealed.
                  • PLUS... all the latest news, exclusive photos, reviews, previews, competitions… and a free, HUGE, double-sided poster!

DWM #396 goes on sale at newsagents from Thursday 29th May priced £3.99.
                  sigpic

Comment

Some say he's a senseless collection of killer shadows. Some say he doesn't need flesh cos driving is in his bones. All I know is...
                    Oh, bravo! Bravo! Encore! *Applauds wildly*

Have a nice shiny green for making me laugh.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

BBC Press Release for episode 11 Turn Left:

Spoiler:
                      Turn Left
                      Donna's entire world collapses, but there's no sign of the Doctor, as Russell T Davies's Bafta Award-winning time-travelling drama continues. Instead, she finds help from a mysterious blonde woman – a traveller from a parallel universe. But, as Donna and Rose Tyler combine forces, are they too late to save the whole of creation from the approaching darkness?

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Catherine Tate plays his companion, Donna Noble. Billie Piper guest stars as Rose Tyler.

Between this and Midnight, it seems like they went at the Doctor/Companion-lite episodes from a different angle this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post

Spoiler:
                        Turn Left
                        Donna's entire world collapses, but there's no sign of the Doctor, as Russell T Davies's Bafta Award-winning time-travelling drama continues. Instead, she finds help from a mysterious blonde woman – a traveller from a parallel universe. But, as Donna and Rose Tyler combine forces, are they too late to save the whole of creation from the approaching darkness?

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Catherine Tate plays his companion, Donna Noble. Billie Piper guest stars as Rose Tyler.

Between this and Midnight, it seems like they went at the Doctor/Companion-lite episodes from a different angle this year.
                        Looking forward to this one....

Spoiler:
                        The start of the finale

and heres a script snippet from this episode

Spoiler:

DONNA: I'm nothing special. I'm a temp! I'm not even that, I'm nothing.

ROSE: Donna Noble, you're the most important woman in the whole of creation
                        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                          Looking forward to this one....

Spoiler:
                          The start of the finale

and heres a script snippet from this episode

Spoiler:

DONNA: I'm nothing special. I'm a temp! I'm not even that, I'm nothing.

ROSE: Donna Noble, you're the most important woman in the whole of creation
                          I'm really looking forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post

Spoiler:
                            Turn Left

Yup. In Doctor Who Magazine it says
                            Spoiler:
                            Donna is hardly in Midnight as Catherine was off filming the next ep, Turn Left.. and then Turn Left is the "Doctor Lite" episode for this year.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Yup. In Doctor Who Magazine it says
                              Spoiler:
                              Donna is hardly in Midnight as Catherine was off filming the next ep, Turn Left.. and then Turn Left is the "Doctor Lite" episode for this year.
                              It's neat that they've actually tied it into the main arc this year like this.

Heh, a friend of mine should enjoy Turn Left... he doesn't like Donna or
                              Spoiler:
                              Rose...!

Comment

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...al-doctor.html

June 9, 2008

Original Doctor Who Star Immortalized on Brit Stamp

William Hartnell, the first actor to take on the role of The Doctor when Doctor Who premiered in 1963, is featured on a new stamp from the Royal Mail.

Hartnell played The Doctor for three years, then gave way to Patrick Troughton. Before coming to the ground-breaking sci-fi show, Hartnell specialized in playing drill sergeants and tough cops. It was that sort of tough, loud persona he brought to the Carry On films that the stamp features.

The Carry On movies were a long-running series of modest-budget, slapstick comedies. While as subtle as an episode of The Benny Hill Show, there are 20 years' worth of Carry On films bouncing their way through British film history.

Comment

Working...
                                X