Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this over at Totally Torchwood for those not living in the UK.

http://totallytorchwood.blogspot.com...4-trailer.html

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      But it is a trailer! It just seems stupid as the BBC knows it will turn up on Youtube in seconds.
      Why don't you ask the Director General

Comment

In other news, the Dr. Who con I'm going to in November has just announced it's latest guest - Anna Hope (Novice Hame).

Further details from: www.valiantevents.co.uk or e-mail: [email protected]
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          Why don't you ask the Director General
          'Cause they wouldn't listen. The ABC here doesn't listen to folks from O/S why would the BBC. I even tried participating in the DW site feedback thing but was banned from accessing it! They must have known I was going to say it is stupid to block O/S viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
            'Cause they wouldn't listen. The ABC here doesn't listen to folks from O/S why would the BBC. I even tried participating in the DW site feedback thing but was banned from accessing it! They must have known I was going to say it is stupid to block O/S viewers.
            I believe it has to do with the licence fee - because the BBC is funded by UK viewers' licence fees, they are not allowed to provide content free of charge to non-UK viewers.

Also, they're not the only ones that do this - many US channels' websites (such as SciFi, CBS etc) block videos of all kinds - including trailers and peview clips etc - from being accessed by non-US viewers.
            sigpic

Comment

It sounds like Neil Gaiman has indeed been asked by Steven Moffat to write an episode for the 2010 series. And given how he took the "non-committal non-confirmation" response to an art-form, chances are pretty high that he'll be doing it.....since if he's not doing something he almost always comes right out and says it.

Comment

Gaiman?! YES! His weird mind would produce such a wonderful Who episode!

He's written about his dislike of Torchwood, about how he thinks the characters are stupid.http://io9.com/350739/neil-gaiman-th...stupid-to-live I'd love to see him do an episode of that, just to show up the show's other writers.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                  Gaiman?! YES! His weird mind would produce such a wonderful Who episode!

He's written about his dislike of Torchwood, about how he thinks the characters are stupid.http://io9.com/350739/neil-gaiman-th...stupid-to-live I'd love to see him do an episode of that, just to show up the show's other writers.
                  Yes, he could write a really good ep of Torchwood, I have no doubt.

But he's better for Who, he'll write something brilliant. *crosses fingers*

Comment

In my head, a Gaiman episode would be like The Girl In The Fireplace. Or something truly bizarre like a viral alien poem.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

BBC Press Release for episode 10, Midnight - I think this is the first info we've had for it...

Spoiler:
                      Midnight
                      The Doctor is trapped, alone, powerless and terrified, on the planet Midnight, as Russell T Davies's Bafta Award-winning time-travelling drama continues. Soon, the knocking on the wall begins. Only a woman called Sky seems to know the truth – but as paranoia turns into a witch-hunt, Sky turns the Doctor's greatest strengths against him, and a sacrifice must be made...

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Catherine Tate plays his companion, Donna Noble. Lesley Sharp guest stars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pro...sat_doctor_who

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                        BBC Press Release for episode 10, Midnight - I think this is the first info we've had for it...

Spoiler:
                        Midnight
                        The Doctor is trapped, alone, powerless and terrified, on the planet Midnight, as Russell T Davies's Bafta Award-winning time-travelling drama continues. Soon, the knocking on the wall begins. Only a woman called Sky seems to know the truth – but as paranoia turns into a witch-hunt, Sky turns the Doctor's greatest strengths against him, and a sacrifice must be made...

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Catherine Tate plays his companion, Donna Noble. Lesley Sharp guest stars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pro...sat_doctor_who
                        Wow. That sounds... awesome!
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          The Sun continues with the Doctor Who slander. Damn that tabloid garbage.
                          http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1224523.ece
                          Vashta Nerada. Or as I like to call him 'Space Stig', lol. (Also a Top Gear fan)
                          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            The Sun continues with the Doctor Who slander. Damn that tabloid garbage.
                            http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1224523.ece
                            Vashta Nerada. Or as I like to call him 'Space Stig', lol. (Also a Top Gear fan)

Spoiler:
                            Who forgot to take The Stig out of his cupboard and feed him

Comment

Some say he's a senseless collection of killer shadows. Some say he doesn't need flesh cos driving is in his bones. All I know is...

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                                Some say he's a senseless collection of killer shadows. Some say he doesn't need flesh cos driving is in his bones. All I know is...
                                Awesome. I think I love you.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X