This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
    There's a clip from The Stolen Earth at the BBC site (UK only). Not spoilery, unless you've managed to avoid all the trailers...
    Gah! Don't tease me! I'm dying to check out the new clip but can't till lunchtime! 31 minutes to go......
    sigpic

Comment

There's a clip from The Stolen Earth at the BBC site (UK only). Not spoilery, unless you've managed to avoid all the trailers...
      Bloody Excellent
      Spoiler:
      I love Sarah-Jane and Jack's reaction to it

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        Bloody Excellent
        Spoiler:
        Heck yeah!
        Spoiler:
        They, out of everyone, know what this truly means. Mind you, what did Sarah-Jane sob to the kid (sorry, I don't watch SJA so not sure of his name)? Something about being young? Was she mourning that he is so young and going to do horribly? Or does the fact that they are hearing that signal mean that someone else young has already died? (I thought she said something like, "He was so young!" but I could have misheard...)
        sigpic

Comment

After listening a couple of times she said

Spoiler:
          "Oh God, You're so young" I think she means 'You are too young to die like this' Like Jack's kiss on Gwen and Ianto's head means 'I'm sorry but I can't do anything to save you this time'

Comment

After listening a couple of times she said

Spoiler:
            "Oh God, You're so young" I think she means 'You are too young to die like this' Like Jack's kiss on Gwen and Ianto's head means 'I'm sorry but I can't do anything to save you this time'
            Yeah, I thought that'd probably be the case. Thanks.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!!!!!!

Cough. sorry. Great clip.

And I might be grasping at straws... but when you enter the episode's page on the BBC website, it says "Master plan".
              pleasepleaseplease!
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Bloody Excellent
                Spoiler:
                Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                Heck yeah!
                Spoiler:
                They, out of everyone, know what this truly means.
                Indeed.
                Spoiler:
                Even Jack loses his s*** when the Daleks turn up...

I am starting to think that my worries may be unfounded...

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  Heck yeah!
                  Spoiler:
                  They, out of everyone, know what this truly means. Mind you, what did Sarah-Jane sob to the kid (sorry, I don't watch SJA so not sure of his name)? Something about being young? Was she mourning that he is so young and going to do horribly? Or does the fact that they are hearing that signal mean that someone else young has already died? (I thought she said something like, "He was so young!" but I could have misheard...)
                  Spoiler:
                  Her foster son, Luke, is barely a year old, having been made by aliens.

I love that clip; Jack's reaction when he realised that there's nothing he can do to save the ones who are still alive was just... So good.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Here's the same preview clip posted on Blogtor Who (so non-UK fans might join in the squee too)

And a new Stolen Earth preview clip from yesterday's edition of THE ONE SHOW. (non-UK friendly as well)

Blue Peter broadcated this exclusive clip of the episode Journey's End, the season finale.
                    Last edited by zuz; 27 June 2008, 09:52 AM.
                    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Oh oh...

http://io9.com/5020349/will-the-sci-...tor-who-finale

Will SciFi cut the WHO finale?

excerpt:

The season finale of time-traveling adventure show Doctor Who l be much, much longer than a usual episode — 65 minutes instead of the show's usual 45 to 50 minute range. In England, at least. But how long will the episode "Journey's End" be when it airs on the Sci Fi Channel?

Probably about 42 minutes plus commercials — which means a full 20-plus minutes may be cut out of the episode. The Sci Fi Channel famously cut some of the best parts out of last season's Who finale, "The Last Of The Time Lords" — including an amazing dance sequence. But that episode was only slightly longer than average, not 20 minutes longer.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

So what else is new. Skiffy slices and dices almost everything that's not their's.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Oh oh...

excerpt:

The season finale of time-traveling adventure show Doctor Who l be much, much longer than a usual episode — 65 minutes instead of the show's usual 45 to 50 minute range. In England, at least. But how long will the episode "Journey's End" be when it airs on the Sci Fi Channel?

Probably about 42 minutes plus commercials — which means a full 20-plus minutes may be cut out of the episode. The Sci Fi Channel famously cut some of the best parts out of last season's Who finale, "The Last Of The Time Lords" — including an amazing dance sequence. But that episode was only slightly longer than average, not 20 minutes longer.

REST AT LINK ABOVE
                          Sadly North Americans watching it on SCI-FI or CBC will be forever gypped when it comes to Doctor Who. CBC absolutely massacred "Last of the Timelords", whenever(if ever?) they get around to airing "Journey's End" I don't doubt that they'll do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                            So what else is new. Skiffy slices and dices almost everything that's not their's.
                            they do a hack-job on their own stuff too. SGA's pilot looked like Freddy Kreuger did the editing!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Oh oh...

excerpt:

REST AT LINK ABOVE
                              Entertainingly enough, RTD himself said he was the one to make the cut version of Last of the Time Lords... These things always remind me all the "professional" columnists saying the Doctor-lite episodes are in order to give DT some time off due to the very hard work on the other episodes.. erm, no, they're double banking.
                              I'd say it's more likely SciFi will give it a 90-minutes slot like they did SG1's Threads and Voyage of the Damned.
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                                Here's the same preview clip posted on Blogtor Who (so non-UK fans might join in the squee too)

And a new Stolen Earth preview clip from yesterday's edition of THE ONE SHOW. (non-UK friendly as well)

Blue Peter broadcated this exclusive clip of the episode Journey's End, the season finale.
                                Oh. From the looks of that second clip my worries seem to be confirmed and
                                Spoiler:
                                There will be very little interaction between the Doctor and the others for most of the episode

Comment

Working...
                                X