This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    That was bloody brilliant....... But didn't that happen in Logopolis too? Doctor has amnesia
    What happened in Logopolis was a different phenomena to what happened in this mini-story.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The Doctor Drops In to Comic Relief:

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        The Doctor Drops In to Comic Relief:
        That was funny....

Just wondering is that girl preggers?

Over here Red Nose Day is in June but we don't have any TV stuff like you guys in the UK.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

That was funny....

Just wondering is that girl preggers?

Over here Red Nose Day is in June but we don't have any TV stuff like you guys in the UK.
          Glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, she's pregnant. Don't worry, she hasn't stuffed a giant ball up the front of her dress.

Really? Wow. For starters I had no idea Red Nose Day was even recognised outside of the UK but glad it is. Shame you don't have the TV to back it up though.

Comment

What the heck is "Red Nose Day"?
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              What the heck is "Red Nose Day"?
              It's UK charity event in which comedy is used to raise money. It's a telethon basically. UK does two each year, this and Children in Need. This is the first time a canon Doctor Who segment has been used, normally they are done for Children in Need.

Because it's comedy, it's called Red Nose Day because red noses (like clowns) are sold in shops to raise money as well but it's official name is Comic Relief, the day it takes place is called Red Nose Day. They do pre-recorded skits, show videos of how money from last year has been used, where the money will be used and so on.

This year, they had David Tennant in Africa seeing people get cataract surgery with money raised from last year

sigpic

Comment

For us over where I am we sell the red noses and have them in different sizes. Buses and public transport have giant red noses on the front while buildings have really big ones stuck on the front of them.

But no special TV stuff like the UK.

Comment

For us over where I am we sell the red noses and have them in different sizes. Buses and public transport have giant red noses on the front while buildings have really big ones stuck on the front of them.

But no special TV stuff like the UK.
                  Awww, your missing out lol.
                  Would be nice to see a building with a red nose though

Comment

Buses and public transport have giant red noses on the front while buildings have really big ones stuck on the front of them.
                    Yeah, they've done car/bus/truck noses in the past, but the joke wears pretty thin if you still see them around Christmas time.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      Awww, your missing out lol.
                      Would be nice to see a building with a red nose though
                      Well this June when it happens again I'll take photos for this thread if it's still in the archive

Comment

Just spotted this on Livejournal.

Edit - Can't see anything officially from the BBC yet but I'll keep looking.
                        Last edited by Blencathra; 21 March 2011, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                          Just spotted this on Livejournal.

Edit - Can't see anything officially from the BBC yet but I'll keep looking.
                          I believe Matt Smith has said he's in no rush to give up on being the Doctor any time soon. I can still see him being the Doctor for Season 34 in 2013 when Doctor Who celebrates its 50th anniversary. I think it'd be mad to introduce a new incarnation during that celebratory period.

Comment

I'd love to have Matt Smith for a very long time!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              I'd love to have Matt Smith for a very long time!
                              I bet you would, I bet you would! Nudge-nudge, wink-wink!
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                I bet you would, I bet you would! Nudge-nudge, wink-wink!
                                Errrr, I meant.....well.....for many more seasons of course!

Comment

Working...
                                X