X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course you did...
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Michael Sheen in Doctor Who

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...in-doctor.html

Film star Michael Sheen is to voice a character in the fourth episode of the upcoming series of Doctor Who.

Sheen revealed his involvement during a talk to students at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, and this was confirmed later by writer Neil Gaiman who penned the story that will feature the vocal talents of the actor.

Sheen is best known for his movie portrayals of well-known public figures. He played former British Prime Minister Tony Blair in The Queen, TV interviewer David Frost in Frost/Nixon and former Football manager Brian Clough in The Damned United.

Sheen was born in Newport in Wales in 1969. He was a member of the West Glamorgan Youth theatre, where he was a contemporary of former showrunner Russell T Davies.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

Michael Sheen in Doctor Who

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/03...in-doctor.html

Film star Michael Sheen is to voice a character in the fourth episode of the upcoming series of Doctor Who.

Sheen revealed his involvement during a talk to students at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, and this was confirmed later by writer Neil Gaiman who penned the story that will feature the vocal talents of the actor.

Sheen is best known for his movie portrayals of well-known public figures. He played former British Prime Minister Tony Blair in The Queen, TV interviewer David Frost in Frost/Nixon and former Football manager Brian Clough in The Damned United.

Sheen was born in Newport in Wales in 1969. He was a member of the West Glamorgan Youth theatre, where he was a contemporary of former showrunner Russell T Davies.
        This is good news. Thank you for posting this. I liked his role in the Underworld movies. It wouldn't surprise me if he were the voice of the Silence.
        sigpic

Comment

Ooh Imagine Who with that other Sheen?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

The BBC have just put up a teaser trailer for Season 6 on the official site.

Viewable at the link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00fvcnt

Edit - Just found it on Youtube.

Edit edit

And another trailer for the Prequel which will be on the official Doctor Who site on Friday at 4 pm (GMT)

Comment

Apparently the BBC made two variations of the trailer. Here is the second one:

Comment

Hope you dont mind but im stealing these for the Series 6 thread, you will be credited for the discovery though

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for posting those videos, can't wait for series 6!

Comment

Episode 2 "Day of the Moon" for Easter Sunday?

The Doctor Who News Page seems to think there's a good chance.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Coming Soon: Iconic Image

25th Mar 2011

As the build up to the Doctor's return gathers pace, we'll soon be revealing the latest iconic image for the new series! In fact we'll be bringing you the image at approximately one minute past midnight on Saturday morning. But don't worry if you're not a night owl, it will be available to see and download as a wallpaper for days after its release.

Doctor Who is back on our screens at Easter, but don't forget you can see the prequel to episode one right now.

We'll be bringing you more exclusive news and videos soon!

Link to original article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne...n_Iconic_Image

------------------------------

The Prequel Has Landed!

25th Mar 2011

The new series begins at Easter with The Impossible Astronaut by Steven Moffat (Doctor Who's Lead Writer and Executive Producer). But before that we have an exclusive scene, also written by Steven Moffat, that reveals a little of what we can expect from the adventure ... and what the Doctor will be facing!

We'll also be bringing you a striking new image relating to the new series tomorrow and more exclusives next week...

Don't forget, you can put the Prequel on your website - just press 'play', hit the 'embed' button and follow the simple guide.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00fxf06
                      Last edited by Alan; 25 March 2011, 09:10 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Well, I for one will not be staying up ti a minute past midnight to gaze upon the "Iconic Image".

Tomorrow morning is good enough for me.

I'm an old man, I needs me sleeps.
                        sigpic

Comment

The prequel is now on You Tube.

Bloody creepy or what!

Comment

Can I just say, taking into account that Doctor Who is operating on a TV budget, that is a far better likeness of Richard Nixon that appeared in Watchmen a couple of years ago.

And that was a big budget Hollywood movie.

Just goes to show - it's not about how much money you have, it's about what you can do with it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Holy ****.

That. Looks. Phenomenal!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I just showed the prequel to my daughter (aged 10) & she says it creeped her out so much she daren't go upstairs by herself. Just from that one little clip!

Quite right too. Kids should always watch Doctor Who from behind the sofa.

Comment

Working...
                                X