This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    There was a Doctor Who reference in The Big Bang Theory.

SPOILERS (apparently) for fans of TBBT. But I don't watch it so I don't know what they are.
    There is also a cool Doctor Who poster of a Dalek hanging on the wall outside of Sheldon's bedroom.

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/smith-j...es-8-62769.htm
      Smith jealous of Capaldi and season 8.

Comment

So when is the 5(ish) Doctors gonna be released?
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/who-mys...pter-62940.htm
          Who mysteries, what happened to Kovarian? Didn't realise she was married to Tasha Lam...

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/capaldi...ever-63108.htm
            Capaldi on track to be "one of best Doctors ever"

Comment

Terrance Dicks is going to give a talk at Airdrie Library on Wednesday, May 14 at 7pm.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/lo...t-give-3508189

Book a place by calling Airdrie Library on 01236 758070 or emailing [email protected]

Tickets cost £2 but are free for under 16s.

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-war...-war-62958.htm
                Engines of War synopsis added

Spoiler:

“The death of billions is as nothing to us Doctor, if it helps defeat the Daleks.”

The Great Time War has raged for centuries, ravaging the universe. Scores of human colony planets are now overrun by Dalek occupation forces. A weary, angry Doctor leads a flotilla of Battle TARDISes against the Dalek stronghold but in the midst of the carnage, the Doctor’s TARDIS crashes to a planet below: Moldox.

As the Doctor is trapped in an apocalyptic landscape, Dalek patrols roam amongst the wreckage, rounding up the remaining civilians. But why haven’t the Daleks simply killed the humans?

Searching for answers the Doctor meets ‘Cinder’, a young Dalek hunter. Their struggles to discover the Dalek plan take them from the ruins of Moldox to the halls of Gallifrey, and set in motion a chain of events that will change everything. And everyone.

An epic novel of the Great Time War featuring the War Doctor as played by John Hurt.

Comment

Lost in the Dark Dimension
                  Sunday, 11 May, 2014 - Reported by Marcus

A new fan made animation of the unmade thirtieth anniversary story Lost in the Dark Dimension is being released on YouTube.

The story was originally written in the early 1990's, by journalist and long-time Doctor Who fan, Adrian Rigelsford and commissioned by BBC Enterprises as a direct to video release. The production was intended to be released to celebrate Doctor Who's thirtieth Birthday in November 1993.

The project was abandoned after it encountered a number of problems including issues on actor availability and problems with rights to the series which resided with Philip Segal who was attempting to interest American producers in a co-production.

A team of professionals and amateurs are now working together to try to complete an animated version of the story. Part One has now been released on YouTube and features Big Finish veteran Paul Jones as the Fourth Doctor, with theatre performer Jennifer Knighton and video game actor Graydon Schlichter also appearing alongside a complete cast of other semi-professional actors. The animation is being produced and directed by James Walker and Jay Hale.

Part One is now available on YouTube.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/05...dimension.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Series 8 (Series 34 - Alan ) Filming in Lanzarote, Hermione Norris Cast
                    Published May 12, 2014

Hermione Norris to guest star in Doctor Who opposite Peter Capaldi when Doctor Who returns this Autumn.

Speaking about her casting, Hermione Norris said, ‘It’s exciting to be part of such an iconic show, and one that my kids can watch!!!’

Norris has recently been starring in The Crimson Field on BBC One, and is no stranger to solving mysteries having played Ros Myers in the BAFTA award-winning drama Spooks. Prior to that she starred in comedy-drama Cold Feet.

Steven Moffat, lead writer and Executive Producer, said, ‘It’s a testament to the quality of Peter Harness’s intense and emotional script, that we’ve been able to attract an actress of the brilliance of Hermione Norris. And for the first time since 1984, the Doctor Who production team is heading to Lanzarote. The Doctor is returning to the scene of an old adventure – but there have been sinister changes since his last visit.’

The episode is written by Peter Harness (Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, Wallander), produced by Peter Bennett and directed by Paul Wilmshurst (Strike Back, Combat Kids). The episode also stars Ellis George, Tony Osoba and Phil Nice.

Other guest stars confirmed to join Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman in the new series, which will TX on BBC One later this year, include Ben Miller, Tom Riley and Keeley Hawes.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-...cast-63183.htm

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Steven Moffat, lead writer and Executive Producer, said, ‘It’s a testament to the quality of Peter Harness’s intense and emotional script, that we’ve been able to attract an actress of the brilliance of Hermione Norris. And for the first time since 1984, the Doctor Who production team is heading to Lanzarote. The Doctor is returning to the scene of an old adventure – but there have been sinister changes since his last visit.’
                      Can anyone who is more familiar with classic Who point me in the direction of which episode Moffatt is talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                        Can anyone who is more familiar with classic Who point me in the direction of which episode Moffatt is talking about?
                        Lanzarote in the Canary Islands was the location for outdoor portions of Planet of Fire which saw the departure of Turlough and the introduction of Peri Brown in the second to the last adventure of the Fifth Doctor.

Don't know if the new episode talked about will be a sequel to that adventure.
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

You can read about Planet of Fire here - http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Planet_of_Fire

It's an episode I really enjoy, apart from having in it the dreadful Kamelion. I'm rather a fan of Turlough. Fingers crossed he at least gets a mention in the new episode.

Comment

In regards to that news I posted above...as much as I am impressed by the acting casting on this occassion I am even more blown away by the casting of the location of Lanzarote! It would be marvellous if the episode that features Lanzarote in the up and coming Series 34 was indeed a sequel to Series 21's Planet of Fire! I'd love it if that wonderful location was acting as the planet Sarn again!

In relation to Planet of Fire - as much as I think the idea of using an actual robot for Kamelion was a bad idea, the idea of Kamelion itself was a good one. If they'd gone down the actor in a robot-like costume instead, Kamelion could have featured in every story after Series 20's The King's Demons. The Five Doctors and every Series 21 story up to Planet of Fire would have have been far different affairs if Kamelion had a presence in all of them.

Comment

Starfury Conventions are holding a three day Doctor Who event in October here in the UK.

Full details can be found at :- http://www.seanharry.com/events/Angels/
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Twelfth Doctor Radio Times cover debut
                                http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/05...514000008.html

Comment

Working...
                                X