X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-...lain-62536.htm
    Slight filming spoilers.

Comment

Here are a few more pics from yesterdays filming. Slightly more spoilery than those at the link Teddy posted.

http://blencathra.tumblr.com/post/83...y-castle-17-04

Here is John Hurt's segment on The One Show asking for votes for Doctor Who in the Radio Times BAFTA audience award

Vote here! - http://www.radiotimes.com/win/radio-...-2014/211.html

Oh, and Happy Birthday to David Tennant!
      Last edited by Blencathra; 17 April 2014, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Doctor Who 'best news' for Miller

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...-30197260.html

Ben Miller has revealed that getting a role in Doctor Who is thrilling.

The Death In Paradise actor will appear opposite Peter Capaldi in the new series of the long-running science-fiction show this autumn.

"I'm going to be
        Spoiler:
        a villain in Doctor Who,
        which is just the best news I've had for ages," he said.

Ben, a self-confessed "committed Whovian", admitted keeping the news close to his chest hasn't been easy.

"It's so frustrating. I can't imagine what it was like for Peter Capaldi, knowing he is the Doctor for all that time," he continued. "It's one of those collusions you're very happy to take part in. The secrecy of Doctor Who is stronger than MI5, not that there is an MI5."

The 48-year-old father-of-two said his love for the sci-fi series has been passed onto his sons.

"Both of my sons are huge fans. It's extraordinary, considering the youngest is just two years old and he already knows what a Dalek is, and who Doctor Who is. It's amazing how they pick it up," he said, adding: "It must have come from me."

Ben - who was killed off in the Caribbean detective drama Death In Paradise at the start of the most recent series - is already looking forward to sharing his experiences with his offspring.

He said: "We're doing some filming this week and my seven-year-old son is coming down. He's very excited."

Comment

Mysterious tweet from Big Finish (@bigfinish)

IT's a big day for us. Tomorrow, we'll be announcing a brand new range. #circles #T

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            Mysterious tweet from Big Finish (@bigfinish)
            The new range turns out to be Terrahawks.

Drat. I was hoping for something Who, Torchwood or Blake's 7 related. Never mind.

Comment

Barrowman on Jack’s Future: There’s a lot more to tell

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/barrowm...ctor+Who+TV%29

John Barrowman has said he believes there’s a lot more story to tell on Captain Jack, although he still has no idea if he’ll be back.

He said: “I have no idea. I mean, that’s not my decision, that’s a decision for the BBC. The thing is, I go around with Eve [Myles] and people to these conventions and we see the humongous following that we have and also the hunger that there is for Torchwood. If I’m asked to play Captain Jack Harkness again, I would do it at the drop of a hat.

“I think there’s a lot more to tell, there’s a lot more out there. There are those missing years that Jack talked about, there’s how he becomes “The Face of Boe”, there’s all sorts of things. But it’s not up to me, it’s up to Russell, Julie Gardner, and the BBC.”

Of course regardless of whether Jack returns to Doctor Who, Barrowman has already starred alongside Peter Capaldi in Torchwood: Children on Earth: “I’ve worked with him, I think he’s a great actor. I think he’ll be very very good,” he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                The new range turns out to be Terrahawks.

Drat. I was hoping for something Who, Torchwood or Blake's 7 related. Never mind.
                Good God!! Terrahawks?! Seriously?! That was BF's big announcement?? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel!! What possible redeeming feature could it have to make it worthwhile to resurrect for audio apart from the fact that you don't have to look at those terrible puppets and especially that one that looked like a Witch?? Also, I didn't think it was possible to duplicate noughts and crosses on audio. LOL Frankly those are the only two things I remember from the show. So terrible.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

All I have to say about the announcement is...!

"Young minds, Fresh ideas. We need to be tolerent."

I enjoyed watching Terrahawks. It was fun and and an escape for 30 Minutes.
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Kate Kestrel was a bit of a honey as I recall.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I was a bit too old for Terrahawks. Too busy going down the pub.

Multiple Hugo Award Nominations for the Doctor!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...for-the-Doctor

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/04...ce=twitterfeed

Doctor Who dominates the nominations for Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form Programme in the 2014 Hugo Awards.

Not only are the two episodes The Day of the Doctor and The Name of the Doctor nominated, but so is the docu-drama based on the origins of the show, An Adventure in Space and Time, and the spoof anniversary drama featuring Doctors 5, 6, 7 and 8, The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot.

Doctor Who's head writer and executive producer, Steven Moffat, said:
                      For Doctor Who to receive three Hugo nominations in its anniversary year is completely thrilling. We are all over the moon. I'm particularly pleased about The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot as that was my acting debut. I remain available for any parts requiring a black jumper and slightly unrealistic hair.
                      BEST DRAMATIC PRESENTATION (SHORT FORM) (760 ballots)
                      • An Adventure in Space and Time written by Mark Gatiss, directed by Terry McDonough (BBC Television)
                      • Doctor Who: “The Day of the Doctor” written by Steven Moffat, directed by Nick Hurran (BBC Television)
                      • Doctor Who: “The Name of the Doctor” written by Steven Moffat, directed by Saul Metzstein (BBC Televison)
                      • The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot written & directed by Peter Davison (BBC Television)
                      • Game of Thrones: “The Rains of Castamere” written by David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, directed by David Nutter (HBO Entertainment in association with Bighead, Littlehead; Television 360; Startling Television and Generator Productions)
                      • Orphan Black: “Variations under Domestication” written by Will Pascoe, directed by John Fawcett (Temple Street Productions; Space / BBC America)

http://loncon3.org/2014hugos.php

Doctor Who has been nominated for a Hugo most years since the series returned in 2005. Previous winners include Neil Gaiman for The Doctor's Wife, Steven Moffat for The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, The Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, and The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang and Russell T Davies and Phil Ford for The Waters of Mars. Last year, despite being nominated for three episodes, the show lost out to Game of Thrones when the awards were announced.

Also nominated this year is Queers Dig Time Lords: A Celebration of Doctor Who by the LGBTQ Fans Who Love It, edited by Sigrid Ellis & Michael Damian Thomas and published by Mad Norwegian Press, in the Best Related Work category, while The Girl Who Loved Doctor Who, written by Paul Cornell and illustrated by Jimmy Broxton, was nominated for Best Graphic Novel.

Also nominated, in the Best Fancast category, is the podcast Verity!, named after Doctor Who's first producer and billed as Six Smart Women Discussing Doctor Who. The podcast is the first Doctor Who podcast to be nominated for the award. The producers told Doctor Who News: "We are thrilled to be nominated for our work during the anniversary year."

The 2014 awards will be presented at Loncon 3 - the 72nd World Science Fiction Convention - to be held at ExCeL in London between Thursday 14th and Monday 18th August, with the awards themselves being presented on Sunday 17th August.
                      Last edited by Blencathra; 20 April 2014, 01:22 AM. Reason: Tidied article up.

Comment

Doctor Who newsreels among thousands of films released by British Pathé

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/04...ce=twitterfeed

Archival footage relating to Doctor Who is among thousands of films now available to view on the British Pathé YouTube channel, after the organisation decided to upload its entire catalogue in high resolution to the video-sharing website.

British Pathé newsreels were once a staple part of going to the cinema, providing people with visual reports both in the days before television news and, indeed, before many people had TVs. Now its collection of 85,000 films, spanning the years 1896 to 1976, has been released as part of a bid to enable the archive to be seen globally.

Alastair White, the general manager of British Pathé, said of the unprecedented release:

Our hope is that everyone, everywhere who has a computer will see these films and enjoy them. This archive is a treasure trove unrivalled in historical and cultural significance that should never be forgotten. Uploading the films to YouTube seemed like the best way to make sure of that.
                        German online TV channel Mediakraft has managed the project and is to create new content with British Pathé material. It said:

While the British Pathé archive is available online via their own website, www.britishpathe.com, going public on YouTube will create a new user experience. Viewers can comment, share and embed the historic videos and thereby add another dimension of context to the British Pathé archive.

In addition, it is very likely that the community will find hidden gems in the enormous video library that have not been discovered by the archivists yet. British Pathé, Mediakraft and YouTube are very excited to see the interaction of the online video community with the fantastic archive of history.
                        Of particular interest to Doctor Who fans will be the film clip of the 1967/68 Schoolboys' and Girls' Exhibition at Olympia, which at the start briefly shows a Cyberman and Yeti with onlookers, as well as the 1959 film Park Rangers, in which a police box is put to use (1:51). Also in the archive is the 1955 newsreel Waistcoat Club Aka Waistcoats For Women, which includes footage of Jon Pertwee and Jean Marsh, who were married from 1955 to 1960 (0:49 and with brother Michael and Michael's wife Valerie at 1:24), as well as Peter Cushing (1:36). The film states that the Pertwees were founder members of the club in 1953.

More offbeat Doctor Who-related newsreels show a radio-controlled Dalek named Dodger selling university rag mags in Coventry in 1964, and another home-made Dalek plus robot and rocket in the back garden of the Sherlock family home in Horsham, which was filmed in 1967.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X