This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    Exactly. And the BBC have already denied that Matt is leaving. So it seems more than likely that The Mirror is simply making things up (again).
    As they usually do...

Comment

Something that may confirm at least part of The Mirror's story is in this article on Kasterborous. Apparently Steven Moffat did actually say "Getting the other Doctors involved would be very fitting for the anniversary episode, wouldn’t it?" So Who knows?

Did Steven Moffat Admit to The Eleven Doctors?

http://www.kasterborous.com/2013/02/...leven-doctors/

What do you really want for the Doctor Who 50th anniversary? Is it fun, excitement, the conclusion of a massive arc… or is it the satisfaction of seeing The Eleven Doctors, reunited as they should be?

We’re not sure either. Or we weren’t, until we learned this morning that Steven Moffat had tacitly admitted that a character crash of Time Lords was exactly what he had been writing…
      Getting the other Doctors involved would be very fitting for the anniversary episode, wouldn’t it?
      We’ve heard from Doctor Who Online that Steven Moffat did indeed say those words at the BBC Drama Commissions event this week.

Reported in the Mirror, all surviving Doctors are believed to have agreed to take part in the anniversary special. We know that Colin Baker has denied involvement, but that was several weeks ago now – things might well have changed.

There are also suggestions that older Doctors – and those sadly no longer with us – will be represented using archive footage and CGI. Given that the production is being made in 3D and that mixing old footage with new can be done on a laptop with reasonable results, it’s fair to assume that this rumour can become a reality.

What do you think? Is this really an admission, or Steven Moffat subterfuge?

Comment

Big Finish: The Light at the End Trailer

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/02...213125816.html

Audio trailer at the above link.

Big Finish have released a teaser trailer for The Light at the End, the 50th Anniversary story featuring all eight Doctors and their companions.

A synopsis for the story has also been released:

Spoiler:

November 23rd 1963 proves to be a significant day in the lives of all eight Doctors…

It's the day that Bob Dovie's life is ripped apart…

It's also a day that sets in motion a catastrophic chain of events which forces the first eight incarnations of the Doctor to fight for their very existence. As a mysterious, insidious chaos unfolds within the TARDIS, the barriers of time break apart…

From suburban England through war-torn alien landscapes and into a deadly, artificial dimension, all these Doctors and their companions must struggle against the power of an unfathomable, alien technology.

From the very beginning, it is clear that the Master is somehow involved. By the end, for the Doctors, there may only be darkness.

The Light at the End can be pre-ordered now as a Limited Collectors Edition set and as a Standard Edition set.

Comment

Doctor Who: first official pic of David Bradley as William Hartnell

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...lliam-hartnell

Want to see what David Bradley looks like in Doctor Who docudrama An Adventure in Space and Time? Then you're in luck...

We'll have to wait until November to see him in action, but here's a first promo image of David Bradley as William Hartnell in forthcoming Doctor Who making-of drama, An Adventure in Space and Time. Next to him is Lesley Manville as the actor's wife Heather Hartnell.

The sixties-set ninety minute drama is currently filming in BBC Television Centre and on location.

Comment

That pic was in the Radio Times on Tuesday.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

W00T!! Back stateside 3-31 .... can't wait!!

teehee!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/bbc-teases-...sion-45477.htm
                BBC teases a mysterious invasion... More coming on Sunday...

And not sure if this has been posted in the DVD news thread already, but here this is...
                http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-tenth-p...ated-45481.htm

Comment

While I'm pleased that the final episode of "The Tenth Planet" will be animated for a future DVD release, I have to say I'm disappointed that 2Entertain/the BBC have again chosen Planet 55 Studios to handle the animation.

I really didn't like the work they did on "The Reign of Terror". I thought it was pretty poor work compared to the animation for the missing episodes of "The Invasion" several years ago.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/bbc-teases-...sion-45477.htm
                    BBC teases a mysterious invasion... More coming on Sunday...
                    According to twitter there are rumours that

Spoiler:
                    An Adventure in Space & Time will be filming Daleks on Westminster Bridge early in the morning

That may be the "invasion" they are talking about.

Comment

And the rumours are correct.

Daleks’ - Invasion of Earth: 2013AD

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...f-Earth-2013AD

The Daleks in London, earlier this morning! The Daleks invaded London earlier this morning and resistance was useless – insofar as it was impossible to resist the striking sight of the Doctor’s iconic enemies swarming through the capital!

But their presence was not part of a plan to enslave Earth – or at least that’s what the production team was telling us! The cast and crew of An Adventure in Space and Time were there to recreate some of the most memorable moments from Doctor Who’s early years – the scenes from The Dalek Invasion of Earth where the metal monsters imperiously glided through London, gloriously framed against the backdrop of famous sites like the Palace of Westminster.

Back in 1964 the photos of the ‘invasion’ became instant classics and over the years the imagery of those episodes has been referenced and updated on several occasions. But this is the first time that a production team has attempted to faithfully replicate the 1964 shoot using Daleks that were unique to that single adventure. The results look set to be stunning, as you can find out for yourselves when An Adventure in Space and Time - a one-off drama exploring the genesis of Doctor Who - debuts later this year.

But don’t worry if you can’t wait that long! We’ll shortly be posting a video shot on location that brings you a sense of the scale and excitement of this morning’s Dalek invasion…

Wheeeeee! Live tweeting from Mark Gatiss!
                      Last edited by Blencathra; 16 February 2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

And a video

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0156mtj

Last edited by Blencathra; 17 February 2013, 04:10 AM. Reason: Added vid

Comment

Bah, beat me to posting the solution to my own news Blen!

Comment

I got up early to let my doggies out in the garden & saw what was going on on twitter.

Big Finish: Eighth Doctor Adventures promotion

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/02...medium=twitter

Big Finish are running a promotion on The Eighth Doctor Adventures, with stories from all four series starring Paul McGann available at a discount until the 2nd March.

http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/rele...tor-adventures

Producer David Richardson says:

Starring Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Sheridan Smith as Lucie Miller, it finds the pair thrust together by the Time Lords and, as they get to know and rely on each other, taking part in a series of wild and wonderful adventures fighting Cybermen, Ice Warriors, Zygons, Krynoids, Wirrn, the Giant Spiders, fallen Time Lord Morbius and, of course, the dreaded Daleks - at their most evil and terrifying ever!

Add to that killer robots, horrific beasts and a range of psychopathic villains, and you've got a recipe for epic, fast-paced adventures. For a taster of those adventures, we're also offering the chance to download the first half of series two tale Max Warp - guest starring Graeme Garden, James Fleet and Duncan 'from Blue' James - absolutely free as a podcast. Just pop over to the podcast page and download or stream it now!
                            Last edited by Blencathra; 17 February 2013, 04:27 AM.

Comment

'Doctor Who' 50th anniversary episode to be directed by Nick Hurran

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...ck-hurran.html

Doctor Who's 50th anniversary episode is to be directed by Nick Hurran.

Hurran confirmed the news himself while appearing at the Glasgow Film Festival earlier today (February 17).

The filmmaker previously directed the episodes 'The Girl Who Waited', 'The God Complex', 'Asylum of the Daleks' and 'The Angels Take Manhattan'.

Filming for the episode will commence in April, while Steven Moffat will write the script.

Earlier this month, it was announced that the Who 50th anniversary special will be filmed in 3D, with showrunner Moffat promising "a whole new dimension of adventure for the Doctor to explore".

Doctor Who will return to BBC One with new episodes from March 30.

Comment

Hmmm, sounds promising.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X