Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, very trippy! Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Can't wait! But the music at the end? It sounds like the theme isn't changing.

Comment

That's the most chessy promos i've seen in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        That's the most chessy promos i've seen in a long time.
        Most definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          Most definitely.
          It kinda reminds of promos that you'd get on the Disney Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            It kinda reminds of promos that you'd get on the Disney Channel.
            Very true! But unfortunately Doctor Who is viewed as a show for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd
              But unfortunately Doctor Who is viewed as a show for kids.
              True, but they really need to stop falling back on that premise. I guarantee that more adults watch the series than children. Therefore, target your demographic better by ditching the playskool vibe.

I think I'll come to like the next doctor, but it will take some winning over. Unfortunately, I highly doubt I will grow the same admiration for his new companion - another bored and ordinary girl who awes at everything the Doctor says. Someone once told me that the reason they match the Doctor with a young female counterpart is to better enhance the Doctor's wonder and dashing nature, which apparently a woman is best at being able to yield.

I think it's just marketing - strong male lead for all the guys to admire with young female lead to draw sex appeal and function as a bridge to the girls in the audience. I appreciate the deliberate pairing, but fail to enjoy it for the umpteenth time.
              sigpic

Comment

It does look like more of the same so far, but I remember Moffat at Comic Con a couple of years ago and his reluctance to reveal anything about Series Five. Looks like this trailer gives us the same. Pretty much nothing to speculate over, other than what I presume to be a new time vortex, Pond's short skirt and the giant alien face that crashes into the screen in the end. Whereas RTD's trailers gave us vague insights into the eps - This trailer gives up nothing

*sigh* I'm gutted that we have to wait until Easter though.
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

It certainly was... sparkly.
                  And her skirt certainly is... short.
                  The Doctor does look nice in his outfit, though. I was worried about that.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    And her skirt certainly is... short.
                    I call shot gun.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                      Man, Karen Gillan is so hot.
                      I'm in agreement.

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      I call shot gun.
                      Damn you.

The series sounds like it'll be shaping up nicely, I hope we'll get an explanation or two about The Doctor in the new series too, such as why he choose the 'Doctor' name. Would also be nice to find out his real name, but I doubt very much we'll see that, for if they do, it'll remove the mysterious aspect of his name, and they can't be doing that.

Anyhow, seems we've got the Daleks (or rather, a Dalek) and the Weeping Angels back in the first season. I figure we'll have the Sliveen and Cybermen back in Matt's season 2?
                      sigpic
                      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

i like it .
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post

Anyhow, seems we've got the Daleks (or rather, a Dalek) and the Weeping Angels back in the first season. I figure we'll have the Sliveen and Cybermen back in Matt's season 2?
                          No Slitheen please.
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                            No Slitheen please.
                            Yeah, agreed. The Slitheen never really worked right IMO.

Besides, they're pretty much RTD's creation and the Moff wants a clean slate.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I highly doubt we will see the Slitheen again, maybe briefly in an alien marketplace or something crazy like that.

Comment

They seemed to have settled comfortable into the Sarah Jane Adventures.
                                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                                X