X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
    Bring on Dame Judi!!

The Lilly Allen suggestion is an abomination, why not Kerry Katona then.
    why stop there....... how about Jade Goody
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
      why stop there....... how about Jade Goody
      You wash your mouth out!
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
        Yeah, I'm fangirl enough to have listened to all episode commentaries, and it seemed pretty clear RTD was doing his very best to make DT happy - but then it's always been in their best interest to do so once the show was doing so well (as long as he wasn't over-demanding etc).

I've got The Writers Tale on reserve at the local library (it was exorbitantly expensive here in NZ, new hardcover that big, was $100! ). Can't wait to read it!
        Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        It's bloody good.

RTD's wee cartoons are brilliant!
        It's brilliant - and even better, it feels completely unedited. The cartoons - and Russell - are hilarious. Literally finished it at 4am, cos I couldn't put it down.

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        Allen favourite for 'Who' assistant
        Monday, January 5 2009, 11:42 GMT

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...assistant.html
        I don't think so. At all. Even Billie had got a few surprisingly good acting gigs under her belt (Canterbury Tales with James Nesbitt).
        sigpic
        Stuart: “You’ve done nothing, Vince. You go to work, you go for a drink. You sit at home and watch cheap science fiction. Small and tiny world. What is there…that’s so impressive about that? What is there to love?”
        Vince: “Yeah.”
        Stuart: “…It was good enough for me.”

Comment

I would sooner gouge out my own eyeballs with a rusty paperclip that watch the likes of Jade bloody Goody or Lilly bloody Allen in Doctor Who.

Bonnie Langford was bad enough...
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

You wash your mouth out!
            ....... at least I don't think anyone can find anyone more...... hows a nice way of saying this..... ill suited for the part
            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
              ....... at least I don't think anyone can find anyone more...... hows a nice way of saying this..... ill suited for the part
              Matt Lucas and/or David Walliams.

See my previous comment about eyeballs and rusty paperclips...
              sigpic

Comment

Matt Lucas and/or David Walliams.

See my previous comment about eyeballs and rusty paperclips...
                Matt Lucas and/or David Walliams.....in drag *unfolds the paperclip to dig in her eye*

Comment

I know I'm in a minority but I'd like to see David Walliams in the show, he can act straight act beautifully

Comment

or Alison Steadman... she'd be great. Or even.... Ruth Jones (in her Ness persona from Gavin and Stacey)

She'd be great with Captain Jack!
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Helen Mirren or Judi Dench: what a dream that would be! And a nice quirk on the show's roots: Old man travelling with grandaughter -> Old man travelling with woman young enough to be his grandaughter despite him looking like he could be her grandson.

The Outrageous Amount of Running might have to be curtailed a little. Or perhaps Matt Smith can do extra running to compensate.

Madeleine

Comment

That'd be interesting yeah.

We had the whole The Doctor and Donna get mistaken for husband and wife thing in sweason 4, so hows about flipping it on its head?

The Doctor and his female companion keep getting mistaken for mother and son.
                        sigpic

Comment

BBC denies 'Who' betting irregularities
                          Tuesday, January 6 2009, 05:48 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Entertainment Reporter

The BBC has denied knowing anything about an alleged coup to win money from betting on the identity of the 11th Doctor.

Bookmaker Paddy Power slashed its odds on Matt Smith being named the new Time Lord from 33-1 to 10-1 ahead of Saturday's announcement, suggesting that the 26-year-old's casting was known by some in advance.

Paddy Power's Darren Haines told PA: "For such an unknown name as Matt Smith to go from 33-1 to 10-1 suggests there were obviously people who did know.

"However it wasn't widespread, so it wasn't enough to set our alarm bells ringing, otherwise he would have crashed in as favourite."

While bets were still being placed on David Morrissey, Paterson Joseph and James Nesbitt, Haines added that money wagered on Smith was "enough to suggest there were people out there who knew, but I certainly wouldn't describe it as a betting coup".

A spokeswoman for the BBC said: "The BBC has no knowledge of anyone betting on the outcome of the identity of the 11th Doctor."

Smith will begin his tenure as The Doctor in 2010, taking over from David Tennant.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...ularities.html

Comment

That'd be interesting yeah.

We had the whole The Doctor and Donna get mistaken for husband and wife thing in sweason 4, so hows about flipping it on its head?

The Doctor and his female companion keep getting mistaken for mother and son.
                            Someone said that about River Song coming back during 11's time.

I know you are joking but I am getting seriously annoyed by the ageism in Who at the moment.

I just wish folks would grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                              Helen Mirren or Judi Dench: what a dream that would be! And a nice quirk on the show's roots: Old man travelling with grandaughter -> Old man travelling with woman young enough to be his grandaughter despite him looking like he could be her grandson.

The Outrageous Amount of Running might have to be curtailed a little. Or perhaps Matt Smith can do extra running to compensate.
                              Whoa, that woudl be casting if they got one of those ladies!

Meanwhile, my biggest concern with Smith is -- can he do the job? I mean, if he can act, and he's good at it, it should wash away most concerns. However, that dead hamster attached to his head must get whacked off!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                Whoa, that woudl be casting if they got one of those ladies!

Meanwhile, my biggest concern with Smith is -- can he do the job? I mean, if he can act, and he's good at it, it should wash away most concerns. However, that dead hamster attached to his head must get whacked off!
                                I don't believe I'm going to say this but...the hair compensates for his strong facial features. I don't think short hair would suit him.

I watched Party Animals last night and I really enjoyed his performance. He was playing a young, mildly immature character but he a nice energy. Not as manic as DT but something I think would suit the character of the Doctor well.

Comment

Working...
                                X