Hmmm - that sounds significant...
    I thought that too and the
    Spoiler:
    Woman of London part too

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      Sorry but I have Stargate when it comes to settling for mediocrity,
      Spoiler:
      I want and expect more from Doctor Who. I am not judging the special till I see it but I have problems with star names, big enemies and the feeling the Christmas specials are just made for folks who have overeaten and want to chill in front of the telly at Christmas...meaning they are just lumped there with no real sense of reason to them. The first one was brilliant as it gave us David as The Doctor, the second one was less so and last years? Still not sure on whether I really liked it *shrugs* also they are the only real indication of what these "specials" next year may be like, self contained, go nowhere one offs? I hope not.
      True. Stargate (Consistency was not its virtue.) Sigh.

However, at least with Doctor Who we have something worth watching 99.9% of the time. Given that a bad episode of Doctor Who (The Daleks in Manhattan) is far less painful than watching Flash Gordon, SGA, or BSG, I'll take a hit and miss Christmas special to help ease the pain between seasons.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        I thought that too and the
        Spoiler:
        Woman of London part too
        Spoiler:
        Isn't she from London though?
        I think the other stuff may hold some significance, but London? Nah, I just think he was showing off.

James Moran's Blog: Entry made before "Fires of Pompeii" aired.

Possible Spoilers: http://jamesmoran.blogspot.com/

He was very, very excited! lol

Comment

So........
          Spoiler:
          any news about wether David Tennant will stay for series five or not? I know it is abit early but I am starting to fret because there are rumours that he will go when RTD goes and RTD already said that he won't be there anymore after the Specials, it makes ma rather worried. I really want him for the fifth round

regarding the XMas special

Spoiler:
          I like the Cybermen. I always had a problem with the Daleks because they look for me like futuristic trash cans LOL Not scary. Not really...but classic
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Can I just say, many thanks to Reefgirl for the cuddly kintted Adipose she made for me.

I have named him Arnold, and he's getting along famously with Mr. Cheeky and all his cuddly friends.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              Can I just say, many thanks to Reefgirl for the cuddly kintted Adipose she made for me.

I have named him Arnold, and he's getting along famously with Mr. Cheeky and all his cuddly friends.
              Awww you're welcome, I'm glad Mr Cheeky and friends are getting along well with the new addition

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                Awww you're welcome, I'm glad Mr Cheeky and friends are getting along well with the new addition
                I'll post some pictures at some point during the weekend.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Thanks, I'll look forward to them

Comment

BBC Press Release for Episode 5:

Spoiler:
                    The Poison Sky
                    The Sontarans activate their masterplan and begin to choke the whole of planet Earth, as Russell T Davies's Bafta Award-winning time-travelling drama continues. UNIT is left defenceless, with a traitor in their ranks. And as interplanetary war edges closer, the Doctor has to fight to keep both Martha and Donna alive – but will he have to make the ultimate sacrifice?

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Catherine Tate plays his companion, Donna Noble. Freema Agyeman and Christopher Ryan guest star.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pro...#sat_doctorwho

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                      BBC Press Release for Episode 5:

Spoiler:
                      The Poison Sky
                      The Sontarans activate their masterplan and begin to choke the whole of planet Earth, as Russell T Davies's Bafta Award-winning time-travelling drama continues. UNIT is left defenceless, with a traitor in their ranks. And as interplanetary war edges closer, the Doctor has to fight to keep both Martha and Donna alive – but will he have to make the ultimate sacrifice?

David Tennant plays the Doctor and Catherine Tate plays his companion, Donna Noble. Freema Agyeman and Christopher Ryan guest star.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pro...#sat_doctorwho
                      Sounds like a really good episode

...Thanks

Comment

Ok... I'm informed the CBC Canada pulled funding from Who, AND that tabloid the Sun's reported Who's cancellation. Sure, Davies can leave and take the whole writing staff etc. with him, but that doesn't mean the show has to end. That's the BBC's call and they could easily bring in new showrunners, etc. Anyhoo, just wanted to know if I'm still in danger of a heart attack later this year re: cancellation.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                          Ok... I'm informed the CBC Canada pulled funding from Who, AND that tabloid the Sun's reported Who's cancellation. Sure, Davies can leave and take the whole writing staff etc. with him, but that doesn't mean the show has to end. That's the BBC's call and they could easily bring in new showrunners, etc. Anyhoo, just wanted to know if I'm still in danger of a heart attack later this year re: cancellation.
                          The CBC thing is probably correct (they aren't funding this season), but cancelled? This is The Sun right? I've gotten the impression that it's worth less than toilet paper.....

Comment

If the Sun prints something true, it's usually just by coincidence.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              The CBC thing is probably correct (they aren't funding this season), but cancelled? This is The Sun right? I've gotten the impression that it's worth less than toilet paper.....
                              Very true, yes.

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                              I couldn't have put it better myself.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                                Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                                Both comments are closer to the truth than you think

Comment

Working...
                                X