X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    Thanks for that.

I'd love to see Freema back...but this news is being reported by a "BBC Insider" to "The Sun" newspaper. Forgive me if I don't build my hopes up too high because, quite frankly..."BBC Insiders" and "The Sun"...I wouldn't believe them if they told me rain was wet.
    I'm also inclined to take this news with a pinch of salt too, when I see her on the screen, then I'll believe it. Don't forget this was the 'source' of the 'David Bowie is appearing as an alien who kidnaps Agatha Christie' rumours a couple of years ago

Comment

I definitely take it with a pimch of salt (esp. considering the Sun's tendency to post rubbish when it comes to FA/ Martha) but I'm hoping it's true!
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I'll belive the above when it happens on screen.

Comment

Clarke 'wants Doctor Who return'
          Wednesday, January 28 2009, 09:14 GMT

By Mayer Nissim

Noel Clarke has said that he would like to make a return to Doctor Who.

Clarke, who played Rose Tyler's boyfriend Mickey Smith, revealed that he would not mind joining Freema Agyeman in coming back to the show.

Agyeman is reportedly going to return as Martha Jones in one of the upcoming specials being screened this year.

Clarke told The Sun: "Who would turn down a return to Doctor Who? I love the show and have always supported it. I was there from day one when nobody was sure if it was going to be a hit.

"But the show moves on. Who knows? Whatever happens, happens."

He added that he will see if the programme writers "come knocking".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...ho-return.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            Clarke 'wants Doctor Who return'
            Wednesday, January 28 2009, 09:14 GMT

By Mayer Nissim

Noel Clarke has said that he would like to make a return to Doctor Who.

Clarke, who played Rose Tyler's boyfriend Mickey Smith, revealed that he would not mind joining Freema Agyeman in coming back to the show.

Agyeman is reportedly going to return as Martha Jones in one of the upcoming specials being screened this year.

Clarke told The Sun: "Who would turn down a return to Doctor Who? I love the show and have always supported it. I was there from day one when nobody was sure if it was going to be a hit.

"But the show moves on. Who knows? Whatever happens, happens."

He added that he will see if the programme writers "come knocking".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...ho-return.html
            Thanks for that Madwelshboy!

That'd be great if he did return with Martha. Mickey did leave along with Martha and Captain Jack towards the end of Doctor Who last series so it's possible they could both return at some point.

Ideally though - I'd like Mickey and Martha to become regulars in Torchwood. Martha could take over Owen's position as the Medic but also serves as UNIT's liaison and Mickey takes over Tosh's position in the Computers section. That'd be cool!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              Thanks for that Madwelshboy!

That'd be great if he did return with Martha. Mickey did leave along with Martha and Captain Jack towards the end of Doctor Who last series so it's possible they could both return at some point.

Ideally though - I'd like Mickey and Martha to become regulars in Torchwood. Martha could take over Owen's position as the Medic but also serves as UNIT's liaison and Mickey takes over Tosh's position in the Computers section. That'd be cool!
              No problem. Anything to pass the time at work!

Comment

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=doctor_whobai

Doctor Whobai

Doctor Who may reportedly be experiencing a little public transport trouble but showrunner Russell T Davies believes that the location shoot in Dubai will bring a spectacular otherworldly sheen to the Easter special, Planet of the Dead.

"We needed a desert, simple as that," the Who supremo exclusively tells SFX. "I loved the Roman stuff that we did in The Fires of Pompeii - I thought it gave it a size and a breadth that we hadn't had before.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=doctor_whobai

Doctor Whobai

*snipped*

REST AT LINK ABOVE
                  Thank you prion!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Some news being reported at the website Outpost Gallifrey regarding the third spin-off from Doctor Who - K-9

K-9 Production Latest
                    January 28, 2009 • Posted By John Bowman
                    Production on spin-off series K-9 is well under way in Brisbane, with the fourth block of filming due to complete at the end of next week.

Paul Tams, who along with Bob Baker is the show's co-creator and co-associate producer, told The Doctor Who News Page that there would be 13 blocks, each comprising two half-hour episodes, with principal photography set to end on May 7.

Taking the opportunity to put the record straight on various matters regarding the show, he confirmed that the series would be known purely as K-9, adding: "Bob and I are pleased with the interest shown and hope K-9 will be viewed as a series that Who fans old and new will all find something enjoyable from."

And as a teaser, he said: "I've made sure that hidden in most episodes fans will spot some nod to the past - either a mention or a visual treat."

Regarding the electronic dog itself, he said: "K-9 will be seen on screen as both an animatronic prop and in CGI form. The latest design I have done that is being used in the show is sleek and different from any previous images seen on the net, etc. K-9 will, however, be recognisable to fans new and old as the K-9. And to clear up the identity of which mark K-9 this is, to quote Doctor Who itself he is the original you might say!"

Most information - including cast and characters - was being kept under wraps but Tams added: "The show will feature several new races of monsters created by Bob and myself, alongside the Jixen Warriors as reported previously.

"We first planned and created the show back in 1998, so it has taken 11 years to get to the production stage. It has been a long and rocky road and we are working with some very talented people here: actors, artists, sculptors, costume-makers. The schedule is very hectic and full on.

"I have to tip my hat - if I wore one - to the creative teams in the '60s who worked under such pressure to turn monsters, costumes and sets around at such a fast pace on Doctor Who. I now know how they must have felt - exhausted!"

A new logo has been created, which will be revealed in due course, and Tams said that the show would be airing later this year, with Australian broadcaster Network Ten currently lined up to carry it.
                    Here's the link to the actual news article: http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php...EZupuloFCxmWgq

Comment

I had no idea a third spin-off was coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        Oh, yeah! It's been in the planning for a long time now! And with this K-9 model being a mixture of animatronic and CGI models he'll be able to do much more! This third spin-off focusing on K-9 is the reason why he hasn't featured more in The Sarah Jane Adventures. I'm really excited about seeing K-9!

The article that I posted above seems to suggest that the K-9 that seems to be featuring in this newest spin-off might be the Mk. I version that left the TARDIS to stay on Gallifrey with Leela. That would suggest that K-9 Mk. I survived the Time Lords' Time War with the Daleks. If this is the case, then that means that K-9 Mk. III may yet still make appearances in The Sarah Jane Adventures with any luck.

Comment

New 'Doctor Who' villains revealed
                          Friday, January 30 2009, 11:00 GMT

By Lara Martin

Doctor Who is to face his most challenging villains yet, according to a show insider.

Spoiler:
                          The Time Lord will be forced to battle the Tritovore, described as a half-man half-fly creature, in the forthcoming Easter special, reports The Mirror.

"They are disgusting and will last long in the memory," said a source, who added that Who bosses hope that the Tritovore would become as iconic as the Daleks and the Cybermen.

"Everyone remembers the Daleks and the Cyberman, but not a lot else if they're honest. The Tritovore will change that.

"Scriptwriters are confident they'll make a huge impact."

The insider added that Who showrunner Russell T. Davies was hoping to use the Tritovore in future episodes, saying: "Russell is telling everybody to expect some real surprises. He wants [David Tennant] to go out with a bang."

Last week, it was confirmed that former EastEnders actress Michelle Ryan and comedian Lee Evans would guest star in the Doctor Who Easter special, titled Planet Of The Dead.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a14...-revealed.html

Comment

Thanks for that Madwelshboy! I haven't clicked on the spoiler tags because, when it comes to Doctor Who, I hate spoilers. But thank you for the article anyway and for adding the spoiler tags. Much appreciated.

Comment

I had wondered if a new K-9 series was being produced. But in Brisbane! Was surprised to see it's being filmed in Australia. Hopefully the poor old Aussies will get to see it the same time as everyone else.
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                It's not by he same production team...
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X