Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we stuck with young Doctors from now on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I refuse to believe you.......
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

What doctor ended up typed casted?
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
        What doctor ended up typed casted?
        Tom Baker.

Typecasting is a big fear amongst actors and is the main reason why many actors decided to leave the show.

Comment

That's hard to say I've seen some of his other roles

The Silver Chair
          Mutator(Sp)

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
            That's hard to say I've seen some of his other roles

The Silver Chair
            Mutator(Sp)
            When were they made?
            The Mutator was released in 1974, so that doesn't count since he either just received the role as the Doctor or he appeared prior to receiving the role of the Doctor.

The Silver Chair was released in 1990.

Let's check how he did in five years intervals:
            8 television appearances between 1981 and 1986
            1.6 TV appearances per year is not a good number for someone who had asperations for a movie career.

3 television appearances; 1 direct-to-video between 1986 and 1991
            It got worse.

3 video games; 1 movie; 7 television appearances; 3 TV voice acting between 1991 and 2003
            Finally, he found a niche with cartoon and video game voice acting.
            He even got some face time.
            He's clearly recovered from the typecast at this point.

1 video game; 1 cast member role; 1 movie voice acting in 2004
            Now he has a regular cast role in Monarch of the Glen.

Okay, obviously I haven't taken into account any theatre, but his asperation was film and he himself admitted after Doctor Who he had trouble getting work as he had been typecast.

Comment

You forgot Little Britain. Classic show!!!!!

Comment

Ocho I didn't know all that

Comment

He is also the voice for bt here which means that if you text to someones phone whose on BT it is read out by a machine however this time instead of the boring monotonal women's voice we have Tom Baker's voice.

Comment

Well for a little while then I sit corrected

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                      It was all due to the fact that someone told 'The Sun' that Chris was leaving but it hadnt been decided if he was leaving and because it was a bbc official it broke the contract they had with Chris.
                      Well... I heard at a recent Stargate con that Chris never intended to go beyond one season... So if the show failed, it would be blamed on the fact that the franchise was not accessible to a new generation. If it succeeded then he would be the man who revived the franchise.

But personally, I think Chris prefers making films and doing theatre work.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Still I bet you now hed do a multiple Doctors Story.

Comment

I would hope

Comment

I hope not, I'd much rather see an older actor in the role of the Doctor.
                            sigpic
                            Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Yes. We are 'stuck with young time doctors from now on" because the Doctor is now a Sex Symbol and a him bemg a white haired old fossil won't sell any more.
                              The 20th century is over.
                              Welcome to the 21st.
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

I've had near 100,000 people look at my YouTube video in which I propose a 55yo to play the next Doctor...

and I can tell you, it's met with fierce opposition due to his age... many people suggesting he'll need an oxygen tank in order to keep up with all the running around... or just outright insulting him due to his age and non-sex-symbol appearance.

BUT, the initial tide has turned somewhat, to now around about 45% in favour...

My fiancee says... what about

Sean Connery - 81

George Clooney - 51

Even Johnny Depp is nearly 50...

Ok, Mr Bond probably couldn't do Doctor Who now... but the other 2 50-odd year olds certainly could. And could maintain sex appeal.
                                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X