Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we stuck with young Doctors from now on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically its one of those 'we'll see what the future brings' awnsers.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Logically speaking I've always thought the Doctors should get younger... I mean if he's supposed to be "regenerating"... wouldn't the idea be to start from a younger state of being? From Hartnell to Davison that notion was certainly there unless of course that was purely coincidental. It was true of the Master.
      It's not a big leap for me either way... as long the actor's decent.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        Logically speaking I've always thought the Doctors should get younger... I mean if he's supposed to be "regenerating"... wouldn't the idea be to start from a younger state of being? From Hartnell to Davison that notion was certainly there unless of course that was purely coincidental. It was true of the Master.
        It's not a big leap for me either way... as long the actor's decent.
        agreed
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I think the way to keep the 'young' crowd interested is probably to ensure that at least one of the regulars is young; but that needn't be the Doctor. I hope they don't rule out oldies next time the main part's up for grabs.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
            Do you think it's possible the Who series might return to having an authority figure as a doctor? Another middle aged, yet fantastic actor? Anyone from Richard E Grant to Bill Nighy (who were both considered for 10th doctor, for those who don't know, Nighy played the Stepdad in "Shaun of the Dead" and the aging rockstar in "love actually").
            Bill Nighy is just flavour of the month, I am not that interested in thinking of him as a likely doctor just because he finally has some publicity working for him, just like I don't have any time for Richard E Grant as the doctor.

Anyway I am all set to lobby for David Hewlett when the time comes. Oh yeah! (lots of planets have a Canada!!)

I don't think we need assume because the body is old the mind is, that to me smacks of ageism, and I see nothing in canon to say the doctor needs to be getting younger, just look at the actors ages that have played him.

Comment

It not a bad deal to have younger doctor, They might be up for a long run

Comment

No, not bad. Hence not complaing about CE or DT, but the paternal type of doctor such as Pertwee is missed. At least by me.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

True but they can bring that quaility out as he gets older

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                    No, not bad. Hence not complaing about CE or DT, but the paternal type of doctor such as Pertwee is missed. At least by me.
                    Pertwee is still my favourite so the age of the doctor is not an issue with me. As long as the actor cares about the role and sticks at it for more than one season, I'm happy.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Pertwee is still my favourite so the age of the doctor is not an issue with me. As long as the actor cares about the role and sticks at it for more than one season, I'm happy.
                      That is what I think as well!

Comment

Caring about the role is the most important thing, and even though I think Chris cared, he still left.

Comment

Chris did care about his role. He left because of a breach in contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                            Chris did care about his role. He left because of a breach in contract.
                            Breach in contract?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It was all due to the fact that someone told 'The Sun' that Chris was leaving but it hadnt been decided if he was leaving and because it was a bbc official it broke the contract they had with Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                                It was all due to the fact that someone told 'The Sun' that Chris was leaving but it hadnt been decided if he was leaving and because it was a bbc official it broke the contract they had with Chris.
                                I don't know about that, I think that is rumour not fact.

I know the BBC announced it before Chris had made up his mind, but he could have got them to retract the statement, it isn't the first time a TV station has had to retract statements.

I think Chris left because he wanted to leave after one series. Sorry I just don't see an actor walking away from a 9 million+ viewing audience because the BBC screwed up, type casting I can believe, particularly in the case of Dr Who.

Comment

Working...
                                X