X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easter Lily
    Oooh... oooh...
    I've added The Three Doctors to my collection of 1... so now I have two! Hehehe...
    *goes off to watch extras*
    Enjoy.

Comment

It's marvellous... so many goodies... That is the first time I've seen any of the actors being interviewed. anywhere. It's like going through a time warp... the clothes, hairstyles *giggle*
      Was that Steven doing Blue Peter? *Stunned by the hair*

I've watched the episodes once... now I'm going to watch it again with commentary.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Yes, Peter Purves was a host of Blue Peter.

Comment

Having finished watching Docs Five, Six and Seven (as well as Eight, Nine and Ten), I've now decided to focus on Docs Three and, after that, Four. Saw the first two episodes of Spearhead in Space last night. Hehehehe, confused!Doctor lying in bed, tryingt o find his shoes, had me in stitches. Not sure why/if I should like Lethbridge-Stewart, though; nasty man holds the Doctor's TARDIS key hostage! (I only know Lethbridge-Stewart as an elderly man, this is the first time I see him during his UNIT years, I think.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
            Having finished watching Docs Five, Six and Seven (as well as Eight, Nine and Ten), I've now decided to focus on Docs Three and, after that, Four. Saw the first two episodes of Spearhead in Space last night. Hehehehe, confused!Doctor lying in bed, tryingt o find his shoes, had me in stitches. Not sure why/if I should like Lethbridge-Stewart, though; nasty man holds the Doctor's TARDIS key hostage! (I only know Lethbridge-Stewart as an elderly man, this is the first time I see him during his UNIT years, I think.)
            The cast & crew have a lot of fun with the Brigadier during Pertwee's tenure.
            The Doc and Brig become really good friends during the course of their adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
              The Doc and Brig become really good friends during the course of their adventures.
              What was his relationship with the second Doctor? As far as I know, he's only seen the Second Doctor a few times, once or twice? Did they get along at all? I thought it was really mean of Lethbridge-Stewart to not give the Doctor the TARDIS key! I don't see why he would do that; doesn't he trust the Doctor?
              *thinks* Or is this because he really does not trust the Doctor, as he's never known him to regenerate before? Maybe he'll give him the key back when he's more ocnvinced it's really him?

Comment

I was surprised at the Brig when I frist saw Spearhead, he really develops over the years
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

What was his relationship with the second Doctor? As far as I know, he's only seen the Second Doctor a few times, once or twice? Did they get along at all?
                  The Doctor first met Colonel Lethbridge-Stewart in The Web of Fear (which was the sequel to The Abominable Snowmen).

It's been a while since I read the book, but I think they got along fine then.

The Doctor next met him after he was promoted to Brigadier and put in charge of U.N.I.T. in The Invasion. I have this video and I can tell you they got along quite well.

I thought it was really mean of Lethbridge-Stewart to not give the Doctor the TARDIS key! I don't see why he would do that; doesn't he trust the Doctor?

*thinks* Or is this because he really does not trust the Doctor, as he's never known him to regenerate before? Maybe he'll give him the key back when he's more ocnvinced it's really him?
                  The Brigadier seems very suspicious of the Third Doctor, perhaps because he doesn't trust that he is really the same person.

Plus, I take it that he is under a lot pressure to get answers about the meteorites.
                  Did you notice that he also dragged Liz Shaw out of Cambridge despite her protests?

Comment

I saw the Invaision (or what was left of it) Brig had nothing but good to say about the doctor

Comment

The Brig is pretty much the straight no nonsense military man throughout, *giggle* who has difficulty (shall we say) grappling with the unusual. But his rapport with the Doctor is developed over time. It's really lovely to see the trust emerge in The Three Doctors, for examples.
                      He's one of my favourites... wonderful character. Nick Courtney did a marvellous job.

Speaking of The Three Doctors... I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this. In the book, the game warden is called Hollis but in the show, the subtitles have him as Ollis... so which is it?
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I beleive his name is Mr Ollis. But perhaps its Mr H Ollis.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          The Brig is pretty much the straight no nonsense military man throughout, *giggle* who has difficulty (shall we say) grappling with the unusual. But his rapport with the Doctor is developed over time. It's really lovely to see the trust emerge in The Three Doctors, for examples.
                          He's one of my favourites... wonderful character. Nick Courtney did a marvellous job.

Speaking of The Three Doctors... I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this. In the book, the game warden is called Hollis but in the show, the subtitles have him as Ollis... so which is it?
                          Go by the television version. The Target novels often contained errors and diverged from the television version.

Comment

Decided to go back to classic Who viewing, which means the Third Doctor. Thought "Inferno" was a bit overhyped, but maybe that's because I'm just not a big fan of Alternate Universe stories.
                            Last night I started watching "Terror of the Autons", and suddenly Jo Grant shows up. ???? And wow, she looks young in that story! I thought the sudden departure of Liz Shaw was really odd, though. Is that really the only thing they say about it, she went back to Cambridge (?). So Liz Shaw only lasted one season? I thought she'd stick around a lot longer than that. Don't particularly mind seeing her gone, though; she never grew on me.

I do hope Jo Grant does a big of growing up fast, though; she seems ridiculously young and way too enthusiastic in the first episode.

Comment

Watched Terror of the Autons, Mind of Evil and Claws of Axos. What is it with the Master? He's like a main cast character in this season. Don't much care for him. He's better when he just shows up once in a while, IMHO; right now he feels too 'normal' to be much of a threat.
                              And Jo Grant is still being childish. Gee girl, you're invited inside the TARDIS, the TARDIS takes off, you land on an alien planet, and all you can think about is wanting to be back on Earth?! Get your priorities straight, missy! Pffft. I really hope she changes her mind, otherwise she's just another whiny Tegan (or was Tegan just another whiny Jo Grant?).
                              This Doctor is really growing on me, though. Poor guy really hates being stuck on Earth, and every attempt at escaping fails miserably. Perhaps next time he tries to take off, he won't be so arrogant in thinking it's gonna work, and not be so smug saying goodbye to the Brigadier and co.

Comment

Watched Terror of the Autons, Mind of Evil and Claws of Axos. What is it with the Master? He's like a main cast character in this season. Don't much care for him. He's better when he just shows up once in a while, IMHO; right now he feels too 'normal' to be much of a threat.
                                And Jo Grant is still being childish. Gee girl, you're invited inside the TARDIS, the TARDIS takes off, you land on an alien planet, and all you can think about is wanting to be back on Earth?! Get your priorities straight, missy! Pffft. I really hope she changes her mind, otherwise she's just another whiny Tegan (or was Tegan just another whiny Jo Grant?).
                                This Doctor is really growing on me, though. Poor guy really hates being stuck on Earth, and every attempt at escaping fails miserably. Perhaps next time he tries to take off, he won't be so arrogant in thinking it's gonna work, and not be so smug saying goodbye to the Brigadier and co.
                                He'll get off earth soon. In "The Three doctors"

Comment

Working...
                                X