• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a good ep
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
      According to Outpost Gallifrey 2003 Reader Poll, The Talons of Weng-Chiang took first place.

Hope that helps.
      Thatnk you and yes it helps. It helps me determine which Doctor Who DVD to add to my collection next and I was thinking of getting the Talons of Weng-Chiang anway. Perhaps ive developed ESP oooooo
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Talons is a very good ep.

Comment

I was watching the three doctors and I realised something. How come the Doctor uses the sonic screwdriver as a sort of giger counter following the trail of the matter/antimatter organisms. I dont see why he should use that since he has a perfectly good giger counter in his Tardis as seen in The Daleks. I guess you might say its because the screwdriver makes everything obsolete however this is just a nitpick in the side of my brain and wont go away.

Comment

I don't remember that then again I havn't seen a lot of the third doc

Comment

Well It isnt really one of those memorable type scenes it jsut annoyed me. Then again the cheap model shots in Sg-1s mind copy episode in season nine really bugged me, they were just so obviously fake.

Comment

I ussally just let that stuff go and enjoy the show

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                  I was watching the three doctors and I realised something. How come the Doctor uses the sonic screwdriver as a sort of giger counter following the trail of the matter/antimatter organisms. I dont see why he should use that since he has a perfectly good giger counter in his Tardis as seen in The Daleks. I guess you might say its because the screwdriver makes everything obsolete however this is just a nitpick in the side of my brain and wont go away.
                  A Giger counter doesn't detect anti-matter or matter/anti-matter, it detects radiation.

How would a sonic-based device detect anti-matter when the fundamental difference between matter and anti-matter occurs subatomically?
                  Answer: It can't. It could detect mass via sonar...but it can't distinquish matter from anti-matter. If the creatures were purely anti-matter (which they weren't), then the medium carrying the sonar signal would annihilate the target (assuming the medium is matter).

Yes, the Giger counter is better tool to detect particles, but Weak Force Radiation is not indicative of either matter or anti-matter.

Therefore, both tools are useless for that application.

Comment

What kind of gadgets did the thrid doc have

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                      What kind of gadgets did the thrid doc have
                      He spent an awful lot of time constructing temporary doo-dads (technical term) as the situation required.

Much of his gizmos (another technical term) weren't designed to last very long.
                      There's a difference between jury-rigging and engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                        A Giger counter doesn't detect anti-matter or matter/anti-matter, it detects radiation.

How would a sonic-based device detect anti-matter when the fundamental difference between matter and anti-matter occurs subatomically?
                        Answer: It can't. It could detect mass via sonar...but it can't distinquish matter from anti-matter. If the creatures were purely anti-matter (which they weren't), then the medium carrying the sonar signal would annihilate the target (assuming the medium is matter).

Yes, the Giger counter is better tool to detect particles, but Weak Force Radiation is not indicative of either matter or anti-matter.

Therefore, both tools are useless for that application.
                        Thanks DASP I needed someone to clear that up.

Comment

So his plane, and stuff wern't for long term use

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                            So his plane, and stuff wern't for long term use
                            His cars and sonic screwdriver worked well because he put a lot of time into making them.

His other inventions were usually jury-rigged, designed to fulfill a short term purpose, so they usually burned themselves out.

Comment

The third doctor was particularly good at jerry-rigging, wasn't he? Kind of unexpected when you think of that rather flamboyant outfit... I suppose he was a magician of sorts.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Oooh... oooh...
                                I've added The Three Doctors to my collection of 1... so now I have two! Hehehe...
                                *goes off to watch extras*
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X