Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother just got started getting into this show (the newer ones anyways) and it looks preety cool. Its just a mater of whether or not I can be bothered.

Now your all fans so obviously youll be like "watch it", but I mean, is it REALLY good?I still know your gonna say yes, but I guess I'm just thinking.

No harm in watching, but just gotta get motivated.
    Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

^ Why not go over to the official site. There's a video player which lets you watch loads of clips and behind-the-scenes shots. As a fan I'd say anyone not watching Doctor Who is missing out, but have a look and see for yourself.

Comment

I've been watching Dr Who since I was a kid, I think you have to watch some of the old ones, the one's with wobbly sets, bad FX and rubber monsters to appreciate how good the new series actually is, have a watch of some of the Confidentials on the BBC site, you can also see clips of the Classic series, they have clips of the other 8 Doctors too, have a go at downloading and watching before you treat yourself to the box set in November

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard
          My brother just got started getting into this show (the newer ones anyways) and it looks preety cool. Its just a mater of whether or not I can be bothered.

Now your all fans so obviously youll be like "watch it", but I mean, is it REALLY good?I still know your gonna say yes, but I guess I'm just thinking.

I feel the same with Star Trek. Its a good show and everything but I just cant get into it, and I cant be bothered watching it either.

sigpic
          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
            I'd rather be a geek than a chav
            My sister is a half chav, give it time and she'll be nothing but that. She's all girly!

sigpic
            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Well there's hope for her yet

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard

It's one of the most successful shows on UK tv at the moment! It's been a HUGe hit over here! We are talking nearly 50% of the viewing audience watching it each week. Also as a show it's been going for decades and is probably the oldest running sci fi series ever.

Over here the trashy tabloids and the very posh broadsheets are singing it's praises and recommending it as quality family drama.

Oh and I love it!

So I'd say it's worth watching!

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
                  Also as a show it's been going for decades and is probably the oldest running sci fi series ever.
                  It certainly is old. It's the world's longest running sci-fi programme (27yrs), first transmission was in 1963 it then ran through till 1989, a movie in 1996 and now the new series which, as BritAngie has already said, is attracting a very healthy audience share. Another fact is that in it's heyday the show attracted a worldwide audience of over 110million.....not bad eh?

Comment

Add to that the novelisations of virtually every classic Dr. Who story.

The series of New Adventures published by Virgin and starring the 7th Doctor, then there what they called Missing Adventures starring the previous Doctors' and various companions.

BBC books then got the publishing rights in the late 90's, and began churning out 8th Doctor stories. The majority of which got a bit - odd - towards the end of their run. The Doctor loses his memory. The TARDIS is destroyed. One of his companions, a Gallifreyan girl named Compassion, turns out to be a prototype genetically engineered living TARDIS...

Oh yeah, and let's not forget the Dr. Who comic strip which has been running in Dr. Who Magazine since around 1980 or so.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                      It certainly is old. It's the world's longest running sci-fi programme (27yrs), first transmission was in 1963 it then ran through till 1989, a movie in 1996 and now the new series which, as BritAngie has already said, is attracting a very healthy audience share. Another fact is that in it's heyday the show attracted a worldwide audience of over 110million.....not bad eh?

I suppose you could technically say it's 42 yeas old (they did celebrate a 30th anniversary officially at one point! ) and that after 1989 it was on a long break which continued through teh fabulous New adventures and audios and now a new shiny series! Some are calling the new seasons series 28 onwards rather than season 1 so in peoples minds it's never stopped! Actually that's scary- Doctor who the series is older than me!

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                        Add to that the novelisations of virtually every classic Dr. Who story.

The series of New Adventures published by Virgin and starring the 7th Doctor, then there what they called Missing Adventures starring the previous Doctors' and various companions.

BBC books then got the publishing rights in the late 90's, and began churning out 8th Doctor stories. The majority of which got a bit - odd - towards the end of their run. The Doctor loses his memory. The TARDIS is destroyed. One of his companions, a Gallifreyan girl named Compassion, turns out to be a prototype genetically engineered living TARDIS...

Oh yeah, and let's not forget the Dr. Who comic strip which has been running in Dr. Who Magazine since around 1980 or so.

Yes I vaguely remember there being some cooperation in the higher echelons of muggledom.

Comment

NICE.......How could I get a sig. like yours?
                          P.S. I am not computer savvy though...Do you know how they got back Farscape for the mini? I would like to try and bring it back again...but how would I go about doing that? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X