This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWarrior
    Did anyone catch Christopher on Top Gear on Sunday?

I caught him on the Tuesday repeat! He's alot quieter in real life than I thought! Made me laugh though how pleased he was to have beat Vinnie Jones!

Comment

He was very quiet on Top Gear.

For fans who didn't see him on Top Gear - Christopher only passed his test if I can remember 18 months ago and has only been driving the past 12 months.

For the race around the curcuit they had to get the car they always use on the race track as an automatic as that is all Christopher can drive.

When it came to the race around the track - the BBC got it so the car faded in and out and we had the Tardis sound. He started off slow but got faster and as BritAngie said he was well chuffed he beat Vinnie Jones.

I found out when Doctor Who started he was in Gone In Sixty Seconds - so I watched it and saw him - he was so different to what he is like now. Everyone else seen him in "Gone In Sixty Seconds"?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
        He was very quiet on Top Gear.

For fans who didn't see him on Top Gear - Christopher only passed his test if I can remember 18 months ago and has only been driving the past 12 months.

For the race around the curcuit they had to get the car they always use on the race track as an automatic as that is all Christopher can drive.

When it came to the race around the track - the BBC got it so the car faded in and out and we had the Tardis sound. He started off slow but got faster and as BritAngie said he was well chuffed he beat Vinnie Jones.

I found out when Doctor Who started he was in Gone In Sixty Seconds - so I watched it and saw him - he was so different to what he is like now. Everyone else seen him in "Gone In Sixty Seconds"?

I've not seen Gone in 60 seconds but I did laugh at his story about that American journalist asking him what car he drove and he said he didn't drive! And that they all seemed to back away from him like he was abmormal! I think he said he'd only been driving 14 months and had an automatic driving licence. (Cue the Top gear audience stepping back! lol) And am I the only one not to have heard of a Liana? Is it some sort of Skoda or something? Only 30 automatic Liana's in the country.. heheh wonder what state the owner got it back in? "Dear insurance company I would like to apply for repairs for damage due to Doctor Who driving my car at speed." Actually I'd love to see the note which said "Dear Insurance company- please can I add Doctor Who to my insurance policy as a named driver... " Can you really see them saying yes??

Comment

I saw the Top Gear repeat at work (following the subtitles, cos there's no sound), why do people think not being able to drive is so strange, I can't drive but I made the decision not to learn because as a diabetic I'd be a liability on the road.

Comment

I thought he was pretty cool and laid back on Topgear. Its a shame my missus had a chance to work on this Dr Who series as a driver but turned it down for some new kiddies show. *Bugger*
            Is it only me or does he look a bit like Jimmy Nail in his younger years. Might be me. *Must go specsavers*

Comment

yes i saw him in gone in 60 seconds as the bad guy!

spoilers****

the new doctor is supposed to be the guy from casanova!

yeah i'll miss chris as the doctor, but if capt jack is still in it, that'll be funny, but what about rose?

Comment

Originally posted by shovar
                yes i saw him in gone in 60 seconds as the bad guy!

spoilers****

the new doctor is supposed to be the guy from casanova!

yeah i'll miss chris as the doctor, but if capt jack is still in it, that'll be funny, but what about rose?
                Rose is staying on for the second season so you'll see her next season and in the Christmas 2005 special. She'll be joined by David Tennant as the new Doctor

Spoiler:
                Will we see David Tennant as the new Doctor on Saturday as the last scene

Comment

I think Chris Ecclestone has been the best Doctor so far, I wonder if David Tennant will keep his Scottish accent or whether he'll have a BBC accent

Comment

Is it only me or does he look a bit like Jimmy Nail in his younger years. Might be me. *Must go specsavers*
                    Now you mention it........

Comment

Originally posted by Perriman33
                      I can't see the resemblance...maybe I should put me specs on.

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                      I think Chris Ecclestone has been the best Doctor so far
                      You know I think CE has just been brilliant. I've always been a CE fan and have loved most of what he's done. However, to me the best Doctor was/always will be Tom Baker. I want to say CE but I can't.

Comment

My first clear memory of Dr Who was Jon Pertwee turning into Tom Baker, like many folks of My G-G-Generation (For all you Who fans out there ) Tom Baker is 'My' Doctor

Comment

Tom Baker was brilliant and his voice was so distinctive. I would say Chris ecclestone is a close second though.
                          Its a pity he said in a couple of interviews that he didnt enjoy doing Dr Who and thought it was a bit sad.
                          Any ideas what hes doing next?

Comment

Has anyone watched the 'Doctor Who years' videos on the beeb site....they're brill. I was watching them (again) at the weekend, when I realised that my kids were watching too...they loved them.

Comment

Anyone got a pic of the new Dr?

sigpic
                              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X