Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who (spoilers for any ep aired in the UK)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cronus
    I thought it was a great episode. It had some great comedy pieces in and some really good effects. The Doctor was as great as ever. Even Rose's Mum and boyfriend couldn't ruin the episode for me. I think that after this the Daleks are going to be absolutely amazing.

As a sidenote did you know that Anna-Louise Plowman (Osiris/Sarah Gardner) is going to be in the sixth episode? Sounds interesting.
    Yep it was mentioned couple days ago about Anna Louise Plowman - be interesting to see her on the screens again now she isn't in Stargate anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
      Yep it was mentioned couple days ago about Anna Louise Plowman - be interesting to see her on the screens again now she isn't in Stargate anymore.
      Sorry about that; not been in here for a while. I haven't actually seen her in anything other than sg1 so it'll be interesting.

I loved it when the Doctor took the Tardis inside. Then when he came out of the door he saw all those army guys lazing around. Suddenly they all reach for their guns with the Doctor just smiling serenely. Then he orders them around as if he is in charge; and they follow. LOL
      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
      The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
      Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
      Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

1. Didn't manage to catch the first couple of mins(taped ep on HDD and it must have started slightly before 7pm) but it's interesting that they wound up 12 months off base. Doh!

2. Thought the new PM farting early doors was a bit wierd but the game was up once the three of them started laughing.

3. The pig definately felt slightly off.

4. It's going to be a question of 'who's going to die' by the looks of it.

5. I don't suppose any of the old-schoolers know if the Doctor has a track record vs the Slithereen? I certainly don't remember coming accross them!
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Anybody else think the Slitheen's faces bared a resemblence to the big marshmallow thingy's face from Ghostbusters?

Cool pic of the pig running away (made me giggle)

www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/04gallery/800/800.jpg

Comment

Aliens of London was a fantasic episode, one of my favourites so far!

The whole thing about the fake UFO crash was great. I also enjoyed the reactions by the British public, "ello ET". I thought it was funny that the news reporter mentioned that "Whitehall is denying everything", how could they deny that a UFO had crashed and that they had a body? it was all seen on national TV.

Fun Fact: the outside of 10 Downing Street was built by my uncle......
            "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Gruesome #1 was nearly in tears when they killed the pig, she was shouting at the TV the whole time it was running away "leave him alone, he's frightened"

What a fab ep, loved the Doc shouting "attack plan Delta" at the paras - I remember that from long ago. Farting aliens? hmmmmmmmmmm but I loved the way they came out of the skin and got really huge - and weren't their eyes fab?

This series is fantastic, I loved Rose's mum in this, not completely self centered, but enough so that she was irritating. And all the missing posters, and Mickey being taken in for questioning was very real. And I loved when he said he hadn't been seeing anyone "mostly because everyone thinks I murdered you"

I wached with a friend, who is the same age as me, and all 4 of us really loved it. Then we switched over to Dr Who Confidential on BBC3, and it turns out that my friend went to school with one of the previous assistants (can't remember which one, now)

Is it Saturday yet?
              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                What a fab ep, loved the Doc shouting "attack plan Delta" at the paras - I remember that from long ago. Farting aliens? hmmmmmmmmmm but I loved the way they came out of the skin and got really huge - and weren't their eyes fab?
                And all the missing posters, and Mickey being taken in for questioning was very real. And I loved when he said he hadn't been seeing anyone "mostly because everyone thinks I murdered you"
                Yeah, I loved that bit with the soldiers. Classic.

Mickey/Rickey or whatever he is called (got confused) was actually decent in this episode. I loved the fact that everyone thought he had killed her.

Farting aliens. They were great, my dad has a bit of a flatulence problem (ok a very bad problem). He has been going around since saying farting aliens an laughing his head off every time he does it.
                The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

There are now 3 video diaries and 3 photo stories on the Doctor Who Website for last nights episode.

Photo Stories:

Big Ben Bang
                  Pigs In Space
                  Number 10

Video Diaries:

Building Big Ben
                  Location!, Location!
                  TARDIS Sounds

All can be found at http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episo...oflondon.shtml

Comment

My thoughts

I loved lots of bits of this ep. There were some highly amusing parts, the Dr running down the hallway follwed by the army especially made me laugh.

Hmmm, the farting aliens? Yeah, ok, could have done without that. Just not my kind of humour, I found it a little irritating. However, the rest of the ep made up for it I liked how they did the BBC news properly, and it all seemed to work how it might actually, like Rose saying that they should go do what everyone else does 'watch it on TV'.

Can't wait for next week - the Dr having to choose between Rose and saving the world?! Should be good!
                    Uncontrolled Destiny
                    My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

I really enjoyed this weeks even though I doubted I would with what I'd heard. Also thought the pacing was *much* better being over two eps and having the cliffhanger was fabulous or as the Doc says "fantastic"

Comment

"Aliens of London" was a lot better and more fun than a lot of folk thought it would be. I personally loved it, and can't wait to see how it all resolves.
                        What are the Slitheen up to?

-IMF
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Is this Jon Pertwee on the Doctor's ID badge?

If so, it makes the Third Doctor the first of the previous Doctors to be shown on screen in the new series.

-IMF
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                            So, anyone watch this?

How fantastic! I can't wait until next week.
                            Dr. Who is now being shown here in Canada. Sometimes I just love the CBC!!!

I heard it has not been picked up for airing in the US yet.

So far the first two eps have aired. I absolutely love it. It is so much fun to watch. I was afraid that with a larger budget, the essense of Dr. Who would become lost amongst the Special Effects.

I was introduce to Dr. Who about 10 years ago. I have seen mostly Tom Baker and Colin Baker's version of the Dr.

Can anybody tell me who played the Dr. in the last remake? I remember there was a movie that aired on American Television. I just don't remember when it aired.

Looking forward to more great eps.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                              Is this Jon Pertwee on the Doctor's ID badge?

If so, it makes the Third Doctor the first of the previous Doctors to be shown on screen in the new series.

-IMF
                              Drats- if I'd seen this earlier I could have recorded the ep to dvd and had a look on my pc as I have digital cable. I have a vague memory from yesterday of them having their pics taken for their id's but I'm not sure as my viewing yesterday kept being interupted!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
                                Can anybody tell me who played the Dr. in the last remake? I remember there was a movie that aired on American Television. I just don't remember when it aired.
                                Paul McGann played the Doctor in the 1996 remake.

Comment

Working...
                                X