Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who (spoilers for any ep aired in the UK)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWarrior
    Next Weeks looks interesting - Big Ben being hit with the alien space ship.

I read in todays tv guide the next episode is a two parter, then we have the Delaks episode :-) If next weeks and the week after that episode is good - it means we have three excellent episodes on the trot :-)
    I must admit I'm looking forward to the two parter in terms of storyline as the 45 minute format at the moment is very crammed pacing wise- 2x45 hopefully will allow for more depth!

As for Dalek- I suspect the hype from that will push the ratings up pretty high. Expect to see kids going "Exterminate, Exterminate" at a playground near you!

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
      I must admit I'm looking forward to the two parter in terms of storyline as the 45 minute format at the moment is very crammed pacing wise- 2x45 hopefully will allow for more depth!

As for Dalek- I suspect the hype from that will push the ratings up pretty high. Expect to see kids going "Exterminate, Exterminate" at a playground near you!
      LOL - and at University partys!

It would be great if they could make it longer than 45 minute episodes, as they would fit more into the episode but lets hope the 2x45 minute episodes fit alot in next week and the week after.

Can't wait for the Daleks episode its gonna be great. I can see the ratings getting higher and higher

Comment

LOL - and at University partys!

It would be great if they could make it longer than 45 minute episodes, as they would fit more into the episode but lets hope the 2x45 minute episodes fit alot in next week and the week after.

Can't wait for the Daleks episode its gonna be great. I can see the ratings getting higher and higher

I wish they'd push the eps to at least 60 minutes per story -I guess I miss the old 200 minute stories so it's difficult to adjust to the more compressed format!

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
          What's these references to wolves? Did I catch Gwyneth saying something about them? Then on the 'Next Week...' trailer, I saw the word 'Wolf' painted onto the TARDIS. What's going on?
          Spoiler:
          Yes, the "Bad Wolf" is something that keeps popping up. It seems to be related to the Time War arc in some way. There are many theories. The two main ones are Fenric and the Daleks.

Fenric because of the Wolf thing... the Daleks because of a wordplay on the 3 little pigs. "(Doctor) Who's afraid of the big bad Wolf" and we know that the Doctor is afraid, even terrified of the Daleks these days. It also seems to be related to Episode 11 "Boomtown" in which the Doctor enocunters someone in present day Cardiff that he thought was long dead... leading theory on that: Gwyneth.

-IMF
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I wish they'd push the eps to at least 60 minutes per story -I guess I miss the old 200 minute stories so it's difficult to adjust to the more compressed format!
            I honestly thought the people on this board wouldn't be so hung up on the "45 minute episodes are too short!" thing like they are over at Outpost Gallifrey. The Stargates are only 45 minutes, and it works.

-IMF
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
              I honestly thought the people on this board wouldn't be so hung up on the "45 minute episodes are too short!" thing like they are over at Outpost Gallifrey. The Stargates are only 45 minutes, and it works.

-IMF
              True as does Farscape and Lost and BSG and other shows.. but for some reason Doctor Who doesn't quite fit that format. Not sure if that's a throwback of the old format or the UK getting alot of 60 minute shows(remember we have no adverts so no need for it being shorter than it needs to be for an hour slot) usually or the structure of the new shows or something else. But for alot of folks it's not quite enough. What can I say-we're greedy!

Comment

I'm rapidly getting hooked on this new Doctor Who. I'm just annoyed that nobody in the US picked it up... I know I'm far from alone in this.

Too bad about CE leaving. He plays the role well, and besides, the good Doctor is rapidly running out of regenerations.

Daleks coming, hmmm? It was only a matter of time...
                I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

It beat the Royal Wedding :-)

Doctor Who (BBC) 8.3 million
                  Casuality (BBC) 8.0 million
                  Grand National (BBC) 7.3 million
                  Ant and Dec (ITV) 7.1 million
                  Royal Wedding (BBC) 6.2 million
                  Impressive viewing figures I thought Ep 3 was great, and my kids said it was their favourite on so far. Can't wait for next weeks epidode, it looks great.

Comment

my oh my, isn't it just getting better & better?
                    And I'm glad to see the TARDIS is still being, even a little bit, unpredictable.

I love that they were in Cardiff, and having Dickens in there was just fantastic.

I'm still bouncing around about it. Mr.MC is sighing and pretending not to be so into it, but he is. I can tell.
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                      my oh my, isn't it just getting better & better?
                      And I'm glad to see the TARDIS is still being, even a little bit, unpredictable.

I love that they were in Cardiff, and having Dickens in there was just fantastic.

I'm still bouncing around about it. Mr.MC is sighing and pretending not to be so into it, but he is. I can tell.
                      My other half is the same. It's me and the kids who are the big sci-fi junkies of the house but him indoors is trying desperately to pretend that he's not hooked by the Doctor.

Comment

I guess it depends on a couple of things-whether the doctor can't go back to help Gallifrey for some technical reason (whomever did it must be powerful to destroy the timelords so who knows) , or whether he *wants* to go back and do that- remember how he reacted when Tegan asked him to go back and rescue Adric. Or perhaps him going back wouldn't make a slightest bit if difference because it was all too large a war/job for him to make a difference on his own. Maybe for all we know he has been back a few times to try and save Gallifrey but maybe it made things worse or no difference. If so he'd be pretty despondent and might be the reason why he's not been very proactive at saving the day or taking charge so far in the last few eps. He's been very reationary rather than sussing out realy on that something is amiss. Maybe we have a doctor who feels he's been defeated this time on the war issue..maybe that's why he had to regenate? Perhaps that was a result of trying to help? I know there are 8th doctor books and wotnot with a war story arc involving Gallifrey but I've not read them. I have to wonder if the new series will use that or ignore it and do their own riff. I hope they do their own riff.

Given that the Beeb commissioned the Eighth Doctor books, I'd imagine that they're going to continue on the same path that they've established. The specific novel I'm going to snap up is "The Ancestor Cell". I've read synopses up to that point.

Long story short, the Doctor goes psychologically all over the place in this series.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Loved it (and I haven't been a fan since Jon Pertwee left).
                          Russell T is already my hero - the man who gave me Queer as Folk, sigh and The Second Coming, so I expected no less but Gatliss is now a new hero (but then, League Of Gentlemen is my second favourite show after QaF).

Dark and, well, Dickension.
                          Spoiler:
                          Really liked Gweneth being dead right from when she stepped under the arch, very dark and nasty

Few nitpicks - very, very hard to get into Victorian kit if you don't know what you are doing, or are in a hurry, or lack a ladies maid. The Doctor should have offered to help! And it made Rose look like a tart.
                          Town gas is way, way nastier than natural gas and much faster acting as a toxin, they were breathing it in an awful lot.

Do hope it's UNIT next week, had huge crush on Sergent Benton at a tender age.

Foxy
                          sigpic

Comment

I still can't believe *why* CE is leaving. The chap who did Shallow Grave, Jude the Obscure and 28 Days later is worried about being typecast? What has he ever done that was of the same sort of 'type' as The Doctor? Was Second Coming very Doctor Who -like?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              I still can't believe *why* CE is leaving. The chap who did Shallow Grave, Jude the Obscure and 28 Days later is worried about being typecast? What has he ever done that was of the same sort of 'type' as The Doctor? Was Second Coming very Doctor Who -like?
                              The BBC has actually publically apologized to CE about that statement, Here.

Seems they jumped the gun, and attributed statements to him that were not his own. RTD has actually gone on record as saying that CE was always just going to do one series of Doctor Who, and that the regenerataion in the last ep was to be a surprise. Well, the BBC done messed it up.

-IMF
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Oh. That makes more sense. I still hope he changes his mind though.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X