Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who (spoilers for any ep aired in the UK)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done ever so well so far by avoiding the spoiler section over at OutpostGallifrey, but today I gave in to temptation. Saturday now seems like ages away...I can't wait! Eps 9 and 10 look like they are going to be awesome. Capt Jack certainly looks like an interesting character.

Comment

The doc would probabley get VERY annoyed with a sci fi fan...

Captain Jack? Who? Is he that RAF pilot who we see Rose with? If thats the case, I do not see how he could be a captain! As a pilot in the RAF during WW2 he would either have been a sergeant pilot or an officer pilot, in whcih case, the closest rank to captain would be "Group Captain" considering the RAF chain of command, starting lowest with: Pilot Officer, Flying Officer, Flight Lieutenant, Squadron Leader, Wing Commander, Group Captain, Air Commodre, Air Vice Marshall, Air MArshall, Air Chief Marshal... it;s doubtful someone that young could be a group captain, and he wouldnt be flying....

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well he's called Captain Jack, but you'll have to wait till Saturday to find out why...

I'm sure he's wearing Sqn Ldr slides in the photos on the BBC site.
        Last edited by Egeria; 18 May 2005, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
          Well he's called Captain Jack, but you'll have to wait till Saturday to find out why...

I'm sure he's wearing Sqn Ldr slides in the photos on the BBC site.
          Good eye! Just checked them out. I;m not 100% sure, but that middle bar looks a lot thinner than th outter two. In that case he IS a squadron leader, and should not be called Captain at all. If theyre all the same width however, he is a wing commander. Interesting... I'd have thought he'd be a bit old for Rose, considering she's 18... Assuming it worked then how it does now... he should be early 30s late 20s to be a sqn ldr at least!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
            Good eye! Just checked them out. I;m not 100% sure, but that middle bar looks a lot thinner than th outter two. In that case he IS a squadron leader, and should not be called Captain at all. If theyre all the same width however, he is a wing commander. Interesting... I'd have thought he'd be a bit old for Rose, considering she's 18... Assuming it worked then how it does now... he should be early 30s late 20s to be a sqn ldr at least!
            Spoiler:
            From what I've read, Captain Jack is a "time agent" (whatever one of those is), he's also apparaently bisexual - and therefore spends an equal amount of time flirting with the Doctor as he does flirting with Rose.

The photos I've seen of his RAF rank slides aren't very clear, but appear to be either Squadron Leader (equivalent to USAF Major) or Wing Commander (equivalent to USAF Lt. Colonel).

I'm also given to understand that almost five minutes of footage has been trimmed from the forthcoming episode.
            Last edited by Madeleine; 19 May 2005, 10:47 AM.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

spoilers for an ep not yet aired
              Spoiler:
              Time Agent... sounds like a dodgy B movie to me. :-p
              Last edited by Madeleine; 19 May 2005, 10:48 AM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                Spoiler:
                Time Agent...
                sounds like a dodgy B movie to me. :-p
                Or a Star Trek: Enterprise storyline.
                Last edited by Madeleine; 19 May 2005, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Oi! You lot! Use spoiler space!

Madeleine

Comment

I saw John Barriman who plays Captain Jack on morning tv this morning (odd that ) and he seems really jazzed about being in the show apparently he's
                    Spoiler:
                    in the show for the rest of this season and possibly into the next and that the ep 13 one is the mother of all cliff hangers. Also mentions he falls for the doctor and Rose..Going to be intriguing!

He also originally comes from Scotland and used to watch the show before his family moved to the USA. It was great seeing him show his inner geek!! He was over the moon about getting on the show. Also the morning show were going on about it being one of the most sucessful shows on tv! Go Doctor Who!!!

Comment

Also just remembered- this saturday I think Doctor who starts at 6.30pm rather than 7pm! Check for sure but I think it's been moved back due to the tacky splendour that is the Eurovision Song "contest"

Comment

The new Dr Who finally comes to Oz... started tonight...

Agree with Madeline's assessment of the new doctor... he's so adorable...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
                          Also just remembered- this saturday I think Doctor who starts at 6.30pm rather than 7pm! Check for sure but I think it's been moved back due to the tacky splendour that is the Eurovision Song "contest"
                          Yep Doctor Who is on at 6.30 ob BBC1 due to the Eurovision Song Contest. I have to set my recording tonight to watch it tomorrow as I am out tonight :-(

Also read in yesterdays papers that a scene has been cut out of tonight's programme as it is to disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                            Yep Doctor Who is on at 6.30 ob BBC1 due to the Eurovision Song Contest. I have to set my recording tonight to watch it tomorrow as I am out tonight :-(

Also read in yesterdays papers that a scene has been cut out of tonight's programme as it is to disturbing.
                            I don't think as scene has been cut per se- I think the sound effects were on one scene because they were deemed to gruesome so it's been toned down a bit.

Comment

Nice episode, still don't understand why Jack is a captain, even if he is an American volunteer it still doesnt sit right. In any case, this is one of the best yet, on par with Aliens of London and Dalek! I cannot wait to see the next episode.
                              Last edited by Flyboy; 21 May 2005, 11:08 AM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed tonights episode....were my kids creeped out or what.

I'm really tempted to dig out my hubby's S10 respirator to catch my kids out tonight, but I'm not sure I can be that cruel.

Comment

Working...
                                X