No announcement yet.

Warehouse 13 General Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI: Jack Kenny DID not create warehouse 13, Jane Espenson did. Jack took it over afterwords. Hence, the big change for season 2. Don't you read the tweets or listen to what he's been saying since season 1? Wish fans would stop giving him credit for Warehouse. (IMO) he wants to reset it so he do away with season 1.

Comment

You half right. Its true Jane Espenson & David Simkins co-wrote the pilot for Warehouse 13 but the later writter is executive producer with Jack Kenny for all of season 1 so both directed the path with season 1 like they will with season 2.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        You half right. Its true Jane Espenson & David Simkins co-wrote the pilot for Warehouse 13 but the later writter is executive producer with Jack Kenny for all of season 1 so both directed the path with season 1 like they will with season 2.
        Right. But, It's ALL gonna change in 2. That's all I'm trying to say.

And, I so wish Jane had kept control. (MHO)

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
          Right. But, It's ALL gonna change in 2. That's all I'm trying to say.

And, I so wish Jane had kept control. (MHO)
          We'll see. I highly doubt it will. If he wanted to make all these changes he could of back in S1.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Jane Epenson and Brent Mote wrote the pilot (with uncredited help from Rockne O'Bannon), David Simkins & Jack Kenny are the executive producers and always have been. Check the credits for S1. Jack's always been the show runner as well. Jane was NEVER the show runner. Just because someone writes the pilot eps, doesn't always mean they were the creator of a show or that they are automatically the executive producers or show runner. It also doesn't mean that they are going to be around for all of the series eps.

So yes Jane and Brent created the show's pilot and general premise, but I believe that David Simkins & Jack Kenny had (and still have) a big part in it as well.

Taken from Press.SyFy.com Warehouse 13 Credits (to access the site
            Spoiler:
            the password is syfy
            )
            Executive producers: Jack Kenny, David Simkins
            Series Creators: Brent Mote and Jane Espenson
            Co-executive producers: Jace Alexander, Dana Baratta
            Supervising producer: Drew Z. Greenberg
            Produced by: Mark Winemaker
            Producer: Stephen Surjik
            Pilot story by: Brent Mote and Jane Espenson
            Pilot teleplay by: Brent Mote and Jane Espenson and David Simkins
            Pilot directed by: Jace Alexander
            Co-producers: Matthew Federman & Stephen Scaia, Paul M. Leonard
            Staff writers: Bob Goodman, Tamara Becher, Ben Raab & Deric Hughes
            Casting directors: Julie Tucker (NY), Robin D. Cook (Toronto)
            Production designer: Franco de Cotiis
            Director of photography: Derick V. Undershultz
            Editors: Andrew Seklir, John Heath, JP Bernardo
            Music by: Ed Rogers
            Origination: Toronto
            Produced by: Universal Cable Productions
            Btw, Jack hasn't really tweeted all that much and it's been so vague it's hard to say if any of it's true. Most producers pull what he's pulling. David Kemper of FS did it all the time. Hart Hanson (Bones) does it, when he does tweet about the show.

I honestly do not think the show is going change that much but then I'm more into all the relationships (even though Myka is my fav character) between the characters then just focusing on one or two relationships.

Your mileage may vary on this but someone disagreeing with you does not equate them being argumentative, it just means we don't agree.
            Last edited by SunKrux; 04 June 2010, 10:03 PM.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I'm ignoring your posts SunKrux If I could block you I would. I'm not even reading them.
              The great thing about a forum like this I don't have to read all the posts nor do I have to
              reply to you.

I can't say how I really feel about how they are going to ruin Warehouse13
              because it will get deleted so this will be my last post on this thread on any
              thread in this forum. I am done.

I'm not gonna sit here arguing over it either.

Like I stated earlier if they kill off Leena I'm done with it.
              I don't care who has credits and who doesn't it's only
              the second season and Jack is going to reset it, again,
              his words, not mine....

He wants to turn it into the new Love Boat fine. I won't
              be watching.

Have a day.....

Comment

We'll see. I highly doubt it will. If he wanted to make all these changes he could of back in S1.

They made the changes as soon as they brought in Claudia in season 1. Claudia was not needed.

Comment

They made the changes as soon as they brought in Claudia in season 1. Claudia was not needed.
                  Then what are you complaining about? You were going on about how all these drastic changes in S2 that will change the storytelling of W13 and now you just admitt its been like this ways since Claudia came. A person who has been in the show since nearly the beginning
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I say just give Season 2 a fair shot. What can it hurt to do that?
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

FYI For anyone who's interested, if you want to block or ignore someone, go to your controls, look on the left for "Edit Ignore List", click it, then you'll see a list of folks you might already block/ignore and under that you'll see a box to type in any handle you wish to ignore/block. Easy peasy. But I guess if you're not reading my posts this is useless information for anyone else here.

Now back to WH13 - I can't wait for S2. I think it's going to be awesome! I read in my current TVGuide that...
                      Spoiler:
                      Artie might have a crush on the doctor that Lindsey Wagner will be playing. So he'll probably get some of the love action too!
                      I think that's cool.
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Good for
                        Spoiler:
                        Artie.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I say just give Season 2 a fair shot. What can it hurt to do that?
                          I will try to give it a shot, I'm just disappointed in the direction season two will take.
                          What I can't figure out is, Artie will comeback and choke Leena to death lol?

When he didnt even want to kill MacPherson in first place? And without Leena who
                          will run the B&B? I still can't figure out doesn't make sense.

But, if it gets too kiddy or too corny I will be done with it. I loved this show and now it's
                          going to change. (HMO)

I've been gutted. My Artie & Leena ship are dead lol.

She had the best scenes with Saul Rubinek too. Cant help but wonder who will do the
                          humor with Artie without Leena?

Will be interesting to see what they'll do for that.
                          Last edited by DSG1; 07 June 2010, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Then what are you complaining about? You were going on about how all these drastic changes in S2 that will change the storytelling of W13 and now you just admitt its been like this ways since Claudia came. A person who has been in the show since nearly the beginning
                            The only gripe I have is they're bumping off Leena and splitting up Pete & Myka?
                            Giving them love interests?

I'd rather see back stories about the characters not love interests.

(MHO)
                            Last edited by DSG1; 07 June 2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

The only gripe I have is they're bumping off Leena and splitting up Pete & Myka?
                              Giving them love interests?

I'd rather see back stories about the characters not love interests.

(MHO)
                              I have heard nothing that indicates that

Source?
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Let's just not prejudge this season. How about letting it air first?
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X