Warehouse 13 General Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Call the show light weight, call it horrible, call it silly, call it a joke but look who's laughing.....

7-Jul 1.01 Pilot 3,500,000 Million viewers
    14-Jul 1.02 Resonance 3,410,000 Million viewers
    21-Jul 1.03 Magnetism 2,869,000 Million viewers
    28-Jul 1.04 Claudia 3,300,000 Million viewers

The show for it's 4th episode was only 200,000 viewers off from it's premiere. This show is retaining viewers very well.

I would not be surprised if SyFy announced a 2nd Season pickup this week or next week.
    Nice to see Warehouse 13 doing so well. Will Syfy release those Live +7 numbers?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
      Nice to see Warehouse 13 doing so well. Will Syfy release those Live +7 numbers?
      For the third time now, its only doing so well because there is nothing else on TV right now. I'd like to see it go up against a regular television season line up. It'd flounder and die.
      sigpic

Comment

Brand new interview with Warehouse 13's Allison Scagliotti (Claudia Donovan). Check out the link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...-on-the-block/

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          For the third time now, its only doing so well because there is nothing else on TV right now. I'd like to see it go up against a regular television season line up. It'd flounder and die.
          It doesn't matter how many times you say it, some people may be happy the show is doing well regardless of whether it is because it is airing during the summer or not.

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
            Yeah they released the Live + 7 for the premiere ep. It had an additional 500,000 viewers which comes out to 4 Million viewers total for the premiere. So yeah, very impressive.

I was in Starbucks this morning getting my caffeine fix, and I overhear some of the workers talking about Warehouse13. They said to another worker, hey you have to check out this show on SyFy called Warehouse13.

So the show is getting a really postive buzz.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
              It doesn't matter how many times you say it, some people may be happy the show is doing well regardless of whether it is because it is airing during the summer or not.
              Not a majority of the people on this thread. I was excited about it until it aired.
              sigpic

Comment

Did I say it was a majority?

Comment

Can we leave the pissfest out of the thread, please? Also, stating opinion as fact is unfriendly, inaccurate and bound to cause nothing but trouble, so let's try and keep that in perspective, too, mmmkay?

Personally I'd say W13 is even lighter and fluffier than Eureka but there's always room for it to get deeper as time goes on. *shrug* Would it be nice to have a hard-hitting, meaty series to sink my fannish teeth into? Of course, but I wouldn't want EVERY SINGLE SHOW on Skiffy to be grim and serious. Steak dinner every single night would get boring. Sometimes it's nice to have corndogs instead. Or a twinkie.

And for those who think there are too many twinkies on Skiffy already, well... what did you expect? This is SKIFFY we're talking about; they aren't exactly known for being a smart, brainy network. Stuff like BSG is the exception rather than the rule. This is the network that thinks ECW belongs in the scifi/fantasy/adventure category. You think W13 is crap? Sure, fine, but at least it's a legitimate genre series. LOL! Things could always be worse, and when it comes to Skiffy they frequently are.

There are many, MANY ways in which W13 could be improved to make it more serious and/or compelling... And I have no doubt that if it was "darker" there'd be people complaining about that, too. Ahh, fandom; you're never happy with anything. No matter what.

If folks balk at W13 being a "good" addition to Skiffy's lineup then perhaps it's safer to say that it's a "typical" addition- not wholly good but not, IMO, wholly bad, either. Nothing wrong with wanting better things, but keep in mind what network you're watching. LOL!

I still think W13 is harmless fun and the lack of additional programming isn't the ONLY reason I watch. I think there would be something on opposite it during the Fall, but I'd still watch it on scifi.com (although I suppose it's syfy.com now) and if the other show (can't recall what it might be right now) turned out to be crap, I'd probably go back to watching W13 "live." Not that it matters since I'm not a Nielsen household. *shrug*

I also don't see much point in getting angry at folks for disagreeing. Once again it's a matter of OPINION, not fact. Some people like the show, some people hate it and NEITHER SIDE IS RIGHT OR WRONG. Sheesh.

I found the place that has the steampunk keyboards for sale, but woof! I don't like it THAT much! It does make me wish I had the mad skills for that kind of custom modification stuff, though. Having an "antique" computer would be so, so awesome. *wistful sigh*

Comment

Warehouse 13 - Episode 1.07 - Implosion - Promotional Photos

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...implosion.html

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Can we leave the pissfest out of the thread, please? Also, stating opinion as fact is unfriendly, inaccurate and bound to cause nothing but trouble, so let's try and keep that in perspective, too, mmmkay?

Personally I'd say W13 is even lighter and fluffier than Eureka but there's always room for it to get deeper as time goes on. *shrug* Would it be nice to have a hard-hitting, meaty series to sink my fannish teeth into? Of course, but I wouldn't want EVERY SINGLE SHOW on Skiffy to be grim and serious. Steak dinner every single night would get boring. Sometimes it's nice to have corndogs instead. Or a twinkie.

And for those who think there are too many twinkies on Skiffy already, well... what did you expect? This is SKIFFY we're talking about; they aren't exactly known for being a smart, brainy network. Stuff like BSG is the exception rather than the rule. This is the network that thinks ECW belongs in the scifi/fantasy/adventure category. You think W13 is crap? Sure, fine, but at least it's a legitimate genre series. LOL! Things could always be worse, and when it comes to Skiffy they frequently are.

There are many, MANY ways in which W13 could be improved to make it more serious and/or compelling... And I have no doubt that if it was "darker" there'd be people complaining about that, too. Ahh, fandom; you're never happy with anything. No matter what.

If folks balk at W13 being a "good" addition to Skiffy's lineup then perhaps it's safer to say that it's a "typical" addition- not wholly good but not, IMO, wholly bad, either. Nothing wrong with wanting better things, but keep in mind what network you're watching. LOL!

I still think W13 is harmless fun and the lack of additional programming isn't the ONLY reason I watch. I think there would be something on opposite it during the Fall, but I'd still watch it on scifi.com (although I suppose it's syfy.com now) and if the other show (can't recall what it might be right now) turned out to be crap, I'd probably go back to watching W13 "live." Not that it matters since I'm not a Nielsen household. *shrug*

I also don't see much point in getting angry at folks for disagreeing. Once again it's a matter of OPINION, not fact. Some people like the show, some people hate it and NEITHER SIDE IS RIGHT OR WRONG. Sheesh.

I found the place that has the steampunk keyboards for sale, but woof! I don't like it THAT much! It does make me wish I had the mad skills for that kind of custom modification stuff, though. Having an "antique" computer would be so, so awesome. *wistful sigh*

Stating opinions as fact, that is the number one reason why GW is so hostile at times.

As per W13, expectations were not really high for this show for me. So when I saw the show I was impressed for what it is, and that is lite SCI FI. Nothing more. So it exceded my expectations.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am really enjoying this show,
                        Light, and some humor, and well it's just something I like to kick back and enjoy and not analyze for any kind of scientific discrepancies. Hope it lasts.
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                          Light, and some humor, and well it's just something I like to kick back and enjoy and not analyze for any kind of scientific discrepancies. Hope it lasts.
                          That would be nice. You just never know.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                            Hmmm...well...I didn't have high hopes for the show...so I thought I wouldn't be disappointed in it. Yet I am. Its one of those shows that if I miss it...it doesn't bother me.
                            sigpic

Comment

does anybody else think Leena....

Spoiler:

is connected to Mrs Fredrick somehow, either daughter, or even IS Mrs Fredrick?

I've yet to see them in the same scene together and this is after all Sci-Fi

Comment

This show has yet to seriously blow me away. But it is entertaining enough.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X