No announcement yet.

Warehouse 13 General Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this show any good? Strikes me as eureka-ish and I hate eureka with a passion.... What would you compare it to if you had to?
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
      Is this show any good? Strikes me as eureka-ish and I hate eureka with a passion.... What would you compare it to if you had to?
      I really don't know what I would compare it to. The first episode was VERY bland and blah. The 2nd one was better but only better by a half a hair. My DVR didn't like the show...so it didn't record the 3rd episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Overall, I thought the third episode was pretty good. At times they went a little too
        Spoiler:
        over the top with the bickering between Pete and Myka, but other than that, it was a pretty solid episode.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Speaking of that bit in the beginning... Maybe it's just the fact that I saw Ghostbusters 2 recently, but that whole scene reminded me of the mood slime.
          Spoiler:
          First the bickering that was causing the box to jump/react to the negativity and then Artie dousing them with the purple goo that made them act goofy.
          I doubt there's a connection there, but it still made me smile.
          Hey, you know now that you mention it... you're right. I can totally see that.

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
          Based off the two episodes I've watched, it's really hard to make comparisons at this point. At the moment, I'd compare it to Ghostbusters, just without Dan Aykroyd (therefore not as zany and outrageous).

There might be some similarities to Eureka, but in general I think Eureka deals a bit more with the idiosyncrasies of the characters, and Warehouse 13 seems more like a mystery-of-the-week type show (although there might be more focus on characters later... they might also develop some major story arcs to break up the weekly mysteries... it's hard to tell at this point).

Seriously, if you're interested, watch an episode or two and see if you like the style of it. The most you'll lose is an hour or two of your time.
          Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
          Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
            Seriously, if you're interested, watch an episode or two and see if you like the style of it. The most you'll lose is an hour or two of your time.
            I agree...but when your DVR doesn't even like the show...it makes it difficult to watch an episode!
            sigpic

Comment

I thought that this weeks episode was pretty entertaining. Pete is a funny guy, and is the main saving grace for the show so far. This episode showed a spark of chemistry between the leads, something that was not there previously, but still needs to be developed and fast. Because in a show like this it need to be there from the pilot. The case was more interesting than the previous two episodes,

Spoiler:
              im kinda glad that they didn't go with the pocket watch, that would have been a bit obvious, even if the chair was a random idea.

Comment

Warehouse 13 - Episode 1.06 - Burnout - Promotional Photos

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...6-burnout.html

Comment

They're re-airing a few episodes before tonight's episode. So, maybe my DVR will let me see last week's episode and this week's episode!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    They're re-airing a few episodes before tonight's episode. So, maybe my DVR will let me see last week's episode and this week's episode!
                    Give it a try! i thought last weeks was a nice step up from what came before.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                      Give it a try! i thought last weeks was a nice step up from what came before.
                      Oh...I will
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        Oh...I will
                        So did you get to see them?
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Just watched Ep. 3 on Hulu. I have to admit the show is starting to grow on me. It's not great sci-fi, but it's a pleasant way to waste an hour...
                          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                          it has it's own laws and beats about things
                          which the intellect scorns."
                          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Will Warehouse 13's Leena be featured more in the future? I find myself wanting to know more about her and how she came to be working for/with Artie. Obviously she is not simply the proprietress of a B&B. — Dee

Spoiler:
                            MATT: I agree; Leena (played by Genelle Williams) has something going on behind her eyes. You can count on seeing Artie's friend in at least four more episodes — including the season finale, in which she figures prominently.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...s-1008508.aspx

Comment

This show sucks big time. A disapointment. Why waste time and money on a show like this, so much better things they could have done. Where did scifi go, we need a new set of eyes on this genra. R.I.P scifi

Comment

I have all the episodes on my DVR... now when I get the time to go around and actually watch them is another thing.

TBH, it seems rather dull. I'll try watching the pilot again, for the 2nd time.

Comment

Working...
                                X