No announcement yet.

Warehouse 13 General Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how I feel about this show. I've watched the first two episodes and I've been entertained by the show, but not interested by it at all. It seems almost like a guilty pleasure. IDK. It's like when it's not on, I think I don't like it, but then when I'm watching it, I do like it.

One of the pitfalls of DVR is you end up watching stuff you might not have otherwise, and this show might fall into that category. I'll give it a few more eps before I decide for sure.

Perfecto!

Comment

Well, I finally watched episode 2. It was a little better than the series premiere. Not much better, but better nonetheless. So, maybe the show will improve and grow on me. As for now, its not in the "I can't miss this show" category.
      sigpic

Comment

If folks are that unhappy with it I say don't bother. Watching shows that don't really hold your interest isn't a lot of fun and can build up an attitude of resentment, which makes watching even LESS fun. You can always come back to it later if something down the road manages to look good enough to entice you to watch, but until then there's plenty of other stuff to watch/do.

And I'm not trying to be rude or anything, if someone manages to read it that way, I just think that with TV being a form of entertainment folks who watch should be entertained. There's a lot of stuff I don't watch, even though others tell me I'm missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          If folks are that unhappy with it I say don't bother. Watching shows that don't really hold your interest isn't a lot of fun and can build up an attitude of resentment, which makes watching even LESS fun. You can always come back to it later if something down the road manages to look good enough to entice you to watch, but until then there's plenty of other stuff to watch/do.

And I'm not trying to be rude or anything, if someone manages to read it that way, I just think that with TV being a form of entertainment folks who watch should be entertained. There's a lot of stuff I don't watch, even though others tell me I'm missing out.
          I'm with you on this. And antis/against don't keep me from tuning in and won't make me feel bad for watching it. For some who don't like it, there are those who do.
          Anyway, I'm looking forward to next week's show.

Comment

I kinda like the show. Its entertaining to watch and light hearted. Eureka is still lot better. But Warehouse is still fairly good.
            sigpic
            Sig Courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Well looks like Warehouse13 is going to stay. I knew this show was going to be a hit from the beginning....

http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_deta...039s039wa.html

2.4 HH rating with 3.4 Million viewers for "Renosance"

That is only 100,000 viewers less and a 0.1 HH rating difference from the premiere. That means the show maintained nearly all of it's viewers!!!

I would not be surprised if SyFy orders another season by next week.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bklynscififan View Post
                I'm with you on this. And antis/against don't keep me from tuning in and won't make me feel bad for watching it.
                Speaking as someone who's "anti" on a couple of other shows I can say that making people feel bad is definitely NOT the reason they gripe. Folks have genuine complaints and there's nothing wrong with that, but if the dislike is a near-continuous thing and you talk of "forcing" yourself to watch it or whatever then it's time to think about changing the channel. With it being a brand new show it isn't as if any loyalty is owed to it at this point unless folks are watching because of specific cast members/writers/whatever. And to be honest, I never quite "got" the loyalty thing anyway. Not when it means you're making yourself suffer for an inanimate object or person/group who don't know you and don't care what you think or what you're putting yourself through for "their" sake.

If folks want to keep grumping that's great (I really WOULD be a hypocrite if I objected!) but if after a few more weeks there's still no improvement in quality I still say they are better off bailing than sticking it out in hopes it will get better. Which'll still leave them with some material to gripe about.

Comment

I'm glad the show is doing well - I still do think there's lots of potential here. If the writers can move away from the cliches, like the (IMO) overly sentimental and absurd ending of this week's episode -
                  Spoiler:
                  two secret service agents letting bank robbers get away with it, Myka being so overcome with emotion that she had to call her father right then,
                  they've got a lot to work with IMO.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Speaking as someone who's "anti" on a couple of other shows I can say that making people feel bad is definitely NOT the reason they gripe. Folks have genuine complaints and there's nothing wrong with that, but if the dislike is a near-continuous thing and you talk of "forcing" yourself to watch it or whatever then it's time to think about changing the channel. With it being a brand new show it isn't as if any loyalty is owed to it at this point unless folks are watching because of specific cast members/writers/whatever. And to be honest, I never quite "got" the loyalty thing anyway. Not when it means you're making yourself suffer for an inanimate object or person/group who don't know you and don't care what you think or what you're putting yourself through for "their" sake.

If folks want to keep grumping that's great (I really WOULD be a hypocrite if I objected!) but if after a few more weeks there's still no improvement in quality I still say they are better off bailing than sticking it out in hopes it will get better. Which'll still leave them with some material to gripe about.

See there is Extreme Anti (obsessed with hating a show) and their is not liking a show. Some folks take it too far on an internet forum. One of the major issues with GW, but they are starting to fix that with the new Vision statement.

My opinion is, if you hate a show don't watch it, and don't gripe about it and/or bash it to an obsession to where people knows every post you make is going to be an attack towards the show. I feel people have every right to make an opinion and complain about something they don't like, but to dwell on that opinion to the point of annoying the rest of the forum is truly over the top. It's like "YES, WE KNOW YOU HATE THE SHOW AND WANT IT TO BE CANCELLED".
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      I'm glad the show is doing well - I still do think there's lots of potential here. If the writers can move away from the cliches, like the (IMO) overly sentimental and absurd ending of this week's episode -
                      Spoiler:
                      two secret service agents letting bank robbers get away with it, Myka being so overcome with emotion that she had to call her father right then,
                      they've got a lot to work with IMO.
                      I am actually back to watching SCI FI er um SyFy now. There is Warehouse13 and Eureka, and I have been catching some SGA and SG-1 reruns as well. So it's all good.

I think the show really has a lot of potential and a lot of material to work with. I love that the show is like a CSI or a X-files type show where you have to try and guess what the mystery is. I think the show is very unpredictable and I cannot wait till next week.
                      sigpic

Comment

I really look forward to next week as well.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          What if they were still under the influence of the record? Hence both of them being that emotional?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            What if they were still under the influence of the record? Hence both of them being that emotional?
                            Nice thought, but it doesn't work.
                            Spoiler:
                            Myka had her earplugs in so she was never affected by the song. That would be convenient, though, as it would explain why a straightlaced by-the-book officer like her would allow herself to be talked into letting thieves get away with a crime. The guy maybe would be swayed by the sob story but she shouldn't have cared, no even with her daddy issues.

Comment

So i just watched episode two, while it wasn't bad, it wasn't good either, it was just a bit meh. IMO, the case in the pilot was a lot more interesting that the case in this weeks episode, but neither were anything special. However in crime drama type shows, more often than not, the cases ain't anything special and its the character that make the show. For me that's the problem here. W13 has a very Bones feel to it in general, but the difference being while there was/is Chemistry between the main characters in Bones (Brennan & Booth), these almost none between Lattimer & Myka. Separately i think Eddie McClintock as Lattimer is great but Joanne Kelly as Myka is very ordinary and nothing special. I'm hoping that the Chemistry will improve between the character, and for me that will improve the show. I think its just a wait and see, after all this wouldn't be the first show that starts off a bit dull and shift gears after a few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                So i just watched episode two, while it wasn't bad, it wasn't good either, it was just a bit meh. IMO, the case in the pilot was a lot more interesting that the case in this weeks episode, but neither were anything special. However in crime drama type shows, more often than not, the cases ain't anything special and its the character that make the show. For me that's the problem here. W13 has a very Bones feel to it in general, but the difference being while there was/is Chemistry between the main characters in Bones (Brennan & Booth), these almost none between Lattimer & Myka. Separately i think Eddie McClintock as Lattimer is great but Joanne Kelly as Myka is very ordinary and nothing special. I'm hoping that the Chemistry will improve between the character, and for me that will improve the show. I think its just a wait and see, after all this wouldn't be the first show that starts off a bit dull and shift gears after a few episodes.
                                Yet again, I agree with Madwelshboy! This show is nothing special and does lack chemisty. I love watching Bones because of the chemsistry between the characters, and this aspect is lacking from Warehouse 13. Sadly enough, I enjoyed watching Artie on his trek more than the main characters.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X