Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No new Torchwood in 2012.
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/myles-on-to...50th-30409.htm

Comment

R1 DVD/BD release of Miracle Day finally announced

Torchwood - 'Miracle Day' DVD and Blu-ray Announced: Finalized Date, Cost Package Art, Extras

Several weeks ago we passed along a scan of a catalog mailed out by the BBC America Shop, which displayed an availability date of March 13th for Torchwood - Miracle Day in the USA. A short time ago today, the folks at BBC Video formally announced the title for DVD and Blu-ray Disc, giving the finalized North American street date as being a few weeks later than that: April 3rd! As previously reported, the cost is $49.98 SRP in the USA for the DVD, and $59.99 SRP for the high-def Blu-ray Disc. Both come with all 10 episodes running 529 minutes on 4 discs, plus bonus material:
      • Audio Commentary
      • Character Profiles
      • Special Effects feature
      • Behind the Scenes special
      • iTunes intros
      • Torchwood motion comic "Web of Lies"

Just like the BBC changed the schedule when finalizing this title, they also changed the package art a bit from the images we've previously shown you. Essentially they're the same basic idea, except Gwen and Rex have been added in to back up Captain Jack. You can check out the Blu-ray and DVD box art immediately below (plus the Amazon link to pre-order either one), and at the bottom you'll find an online video trailer for the title (note that there's a bit of traffic-accident/hospital-related blood near the beginning of it, but probably nothing that Mekhi Phifer fans didn't previously see on ER...fair warning, though, if you're squeamish!):

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

YAY! I've had the BD pre-ordered for a while, good to finally get an actual release date for it.
        sigpic

Comment

Torchwood actor hoping for Doctor Who return
          Written by Dominic Knight
          Wednesday, 29 February 2012 18:31

An actor on Torchwood would be up for returning to Doctor Who for its 50th anniversary next year - and it's not necessarily who you think it is.

In a new interview with Cult Box actor Gareth David-Lloyd has said he would return to Doctor Who to be part of the 50th anniversary celebrations if asked. Gareth David-Lloyd played fan favourite Ianto Jones on the first three seasons of Torchwood until the character was controversially killed off in the penultimate episode of Children of Earth. The character's romance with Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) was hugely popular with devoted fans of the spin-off.

When asked by Cult Box is he would, if asked, take part in the 50th anniversary celebrations of Doctor Who the actor replied 'It would depend on the script, but yes, I think so...Ianto is very close to my heart and will always deserve a little resurrection if done properly'

The actor previously crossed over to Doctor Who for the two-part season four finale The Stolen Earth and Journey's End as did his Torchwood co-stars Eve Myles and John Barrowman. Fans of Ianto would certainly like to see his character resurrected as there was an almighty backlash from some when his character was killed off.

John Barrowman has already stated his desire to be involved with Doctor Who's 50th anniversary so if Steven Moffat was - and that's a BIG/HUGE if - to revive Ianto and reunion between the character and Jack would certainly be popular with fans. But as we say that's a VERY BIG if.

Link to original article here: http://www.atvtoday.co.uk/index.php?...ci-fi&Itemid=5

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/spin-offs-a...date-32117.htm
            Small update on Torchwood Series 5.

Comment

By Christopher Hooton - 24th April, 2012
              Torchwood writer: Miracle Day couldn't match Children Of Earth
              Torchwood writer Jane Espenson has defended the show's most recent run of episodes, but admitted that the standard has slipped since 2009 mini-series Children of Earth.

The ten-part outing - which envisioned a world in which no one can die - received a mixed reaction from fans, with writer Espenson commenting on how difficult it is to please such a dedicated fan base.

'I've never dealt with a more passionate group of fans, so they weighed in very loudly about this last season,' she told The Hollywood Reporter.

'[The last season] was the only season I was involved in. I was very proud of what we did.'

The first three series of the show were produced by the BBC, while the fourth offering, Miracle Day, was the product of a British-American co-production involving BBC Cymru Wales and US network Starz.

Espenson conceded that the series had failed to match 2009's Children Of Earth outing, adding: 'I don't think you can ever beat Children of Earth.... which was an absolute masterwork.

'But I thought we did very well. I thought we did things with that show that are not normally seen on American television.'

John Barrowman recently said that Torchwood is 'in limbo', with Starz CEO Chris Albrecht indicating that it could return at a time when creator Russell T Davies is less busy with other projects.

Link to original article here: http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/897110-torchwood-writer-miracle-day-couldnt-match-children-of-earth

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Torchwood: in limbo, not cancelled
                Sunday, 28 October, 2012 - Posted by Chuck Foster

Russell T Davies was a guest on the Graham Norton show on Saturday, where he discussed his new series starting on Monday and Tuesday next week, Wizards vs Aliens. During the interview, the question of future series of Torchwood was raised, to which he answered:
                I loved making it over there (in the USA), and I would have carried on if circumstances hadn't brought me back to this country, so it's kind of in limbo for me at the moment. I'm not working on it at the moment, I'm only working on Wizards vs Aliens - when I get back to work one day, I don't know, it'll be old news to the BBC!

It's not officially (cancelled), it's in a nice limbo where it can stew - those shows can come back in ten, twenty years time.

The interview can be heard via the BBC website.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2012/10...012084508.html

Comment

FYI: Eve Myles (Gwen Cooper on Torchwood and Gwyneth on Doctor Who) will appear at the Shore Leave 36 Con in Hunt Valley, Maryland (Baltimore suburb) on August 1 - 3, 2014.
                  http://www.shore-leave.com/guests/
                  sigpic

Comment

‘Torchwood’s Eve Myles Joins The Cast Of ‘Broadchurch’ Season Two

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglopheni...t-broadchurch/

While all eyes have understandably been on David Tennant in Gracepoint, plans for the second season of the original Broadchurch are already well under way, and ITV have just released some details of the cast.

As you’d expect, given the show’s close ties with the production of Doctor Who—David Tennant, Arthur Darvill, David Bradley and Olivia Colman, for starters, and also director Euros Lyn and writer/creator Chris Chibnall—there’s at least one new crossover, in the form of Torchwood and The Unquiet Dead’s Eve Myles.

She’ll be keeping good company too, as the series also welcomes aboard Marianne Jean-Baptiste (Without A Trace, Private Practice), James D’Arcy (Cloud Atlas, Hitchcock) and relative newcomer Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Blandings, The Café).

In a press-release, Chris said: “As if we didn’t have enough fabulous actresses, it’s a thrill to be joined by Wales’ finest, Eve Myles. Having worked together on Torchwood, it’s a joy to be able to welcome her to Broadchurch.”

Comment

Eve Myles' appearance at the fan-run Shore Leave Con 36 (that's 36 years!) was spectacular! She is riotously funny! Bawdy and gracious with/to the fans! We LAUGHED so hard. She called Kai Owen and he returned her call via Skype. She held her phone up to the camera and the mike to the mobile speakers so we could see and hear him as he enjoyed a pint. "Where are you?" he asked. "Cockeysville, Maryland," she replied with us roaring in the background and shouting, "America...the States."

She tried to call Barrowman and Gareth David-Lloyd but neither were available.

Looking forward to her appearance on Broadchurch with David Tennant. She begins filming today. She couldn't share any tidbits about her character and the new season's story.
                      sigpic

Comment

Torchwood is returning as a series of radio plays, says star John Barrowman
                        Sarah Deen for Metro.co.uk
                        Tuesday 13 Jan 2015 7:04 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/13/torchw...owman-5020919/

Torchwood is returning as a series of radio plays, according to star John Barrowman.

Barrowman played Torchwood leader Captain Jack Harkness in the Doctor Who spin-off, last appearing in Torchwood: Miracle Day.

The show has been off the air since but it looks like it’s making a comeback to the airwaves this time.

Communityvoices.post-gazette.com reports that John revealed the news in a press conference for Arrow, in which he plays Malcolm Merlyn.

He described it as the ‘team back together’ with executive producer Julie Gardner and writer/creator Russell T. Davies both involved.

John added that there will be ‘three or four’ radio plays for the BBC.

‘My sister and I are discussing the possibility of writing one of them and whether or not that leads to something [on TV]’ Barrowman revealed.

‘But I’m full-time with Arrow now. It’s not a question of me not wanting to do it, it’s a question of the BBC wanting to do it or others wanting to do Torchwood. I know the fans are out there so I think they’d be silly not to.’

Apparently one play will feature the whole Torchwood team, other ‘character-based’ ones thrown in.

Hopefully this means we get Tosh and Ianto back…

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/eve-myl...es-5-71854.htm
                          Eve Myles hopeful for Torchwood series 5.

Comment

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/torchwo...racy-73417.htm
                            Torchwood confirmed to be returning with The Conspiracy as a new audio drama series.

Comment

Ianto Jones Returns

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2015/07...ce=twitterfeed

Audio Producer Big Finish have announced that fan-favourite actor Gareth David-Lloyd will star as Ianto Jones for the second release in a new series of Torchwood Audio Dramas.

Producer James Goss is delighted
                              Well, how could we not? Ianto's such a brilliant character, and if we kept people on tenterhooks any longer, we'd be fools. Of course he's in it and as soon as possible. We recorded with him literally the first day after he finished a theatre tour. Did he want to put his feet up? Nope. He wanted to be Ianto.
                              David-Lloyd appeared throughout the first three series of the TV verion of Torchwood, created by Russell T Davies. A mild-mannered administrator for the Torchwood team, Ianto helped defend Cardiff from the horrors of the rift, and aided the Tenth Doctor in a battle against the Daleks in two episodes of Doctor Who.

Ianto made his final TV appearance in the 2009 mini-series Children of Earth, but his popularity and legacy has stood the test of time, with a special commemorative memorial for the character erected in Cardiff Bay. The character's last outing was in a BBC Radio Play The House of the Dead part of the Torchwood: The Lost Files series broadcast in 2011.

The character will return in Fall To Earth, following on from John Barrowman's return as Captain Jack Harkness in the opening instalment, The Conspiracy.

Director Scott Handcock spoke about the recording

Seeing Gareth in studio was an absolute delight. He clearly loves the part and had a great time. And can't wait to be back.
                              The new story will be released in October, allowing for an unbroken run of stories from September. Four more releases will follow at monthly intervals through 2016.

James Goss explained the timetable

There was originally going to be a gap after the first release, but we soon realised that everyone we spoke to was being so helpful, we'd be in studio a lot earlier. Actors, writers, agents, BBC Worldwide have all been amazing. So it's coming out early.
                              Torchwood: Fall To Earth will be released in October.

Fall to Earth can be pre-ordered here - http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/tba-1295
                              Last edited by Blencathra; 16 July 2015, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Trailer for Torchwood - The Conspiracy

https://soundcloud.com/big-finish/to...piracy-trailer

and Torchwood - Fall to Earth

https://soundcloud.com/big-finish/to...-earth-trailer
                                Last edited by Blencathra; 30 August 2015, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X