Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fly Boy View Post
    http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/08...-responds.html

Seriously... people need to **** off and just accept that just because something isn't there cup of tea, doesn't mean the rest of the world should pretend that it doesn't exist...
    My thoughts exactly, the main problem with the complaints is that a few people complain about it and the BBC have to respond, those of us who enjoyed it should be able to comment and say no we liked it.
    sigpic

Comment

While those scenes were not up my alley, I accepted them as a realistic view of the world. I sure don't mind when they show lesbian scenes in movies or TV, so I can't really complain when they show a gay scene here and there.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If people think TW is too much...they should watch Queer as Folk...
        sigpic

Comment

This show is too good to allow a few awkward moments to turn you off from it.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

There is only one way to solve this problem with people complaining about man on man action in Torchwood, add more girl on girl action.

In fact, we should all protest that Torchwood is anti-lesbian. Yeah they had that one episode in the first season, but it's totally token lesbianism. More lesbians, or we won't watch.

sigpic

Comment

Torchwood: Miracle Day ratings drifting into apocalyptic territory?
              By Charlie Jane Anders
              Aug 25, 2011
              11:30 AM

When Torchwood: Miracle Day premièred on Starz, the show was getting in the neighborhood of 1.5 million viewers, which was respectable but about the same as Starz' recently-cancelled Camelot. With the second episode, the show dipped to about 1.4 million, and Entertainment Weekly warned that if it dipped much further, "Captain Jack might be immortal, but TV shows are not."

So it's probably bad news that the latest Torchwood episode got only about 917,000 viewers, when you combine its 9 PM and 11 PM airings on Starz. This was actually up about 14 percent from the previous week, so at least the bleeding has stopped. (And it looks as though TV By The Numbers was using lower figures for Torchwood all along, so the overall drop isn't as great as it appears at first.)

Meanwhile, the show's not doing that hot in the U.K., either.

All in all, I wouldn't hold your breath for another helping of Torchwood any time soon.

Link to original article here: http://io9.com/5834427/torchwood-mir...ptic-territory

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I'm sorry to read the ratings are dropping. I have been enjoying the episodes immensely!!!!! Last week's episode 7 was one of the series highlights for me. I'm not sure when Starz will make an announcement about renewal, as supposedly RTD is working on another project and wouldn't be available to return to Torchwood for a while anyway.
                sigpic

Comment

Testing to see if pic posts..

Success!
                  sigpic

Comment

If this comes back or not, overall, I have enjoyed this season thus far. I will definitely be checking out the previous seasons.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Immortal Sins: UK overnight viewing figures
                      Friday, August 26, 2011 - Posted by Marcus

Torchwood: Immortal Sins achieved an average audience of 3.4 million viewers on BBC One and BBC One HD, according to unofficial overnight figures.

The figure was the same as last week, although this week the main opposition came not from Big Brother, but from the first network showing of the feature film, The Duchess staring Keira Knightley and Ralph Fiennes, which gave BBC Two an average of 3.1 million viewers between 9pm and 10.40pm.

The seventh in the Torchwood series had 14.9% of the audience share and was the 10th most watched programme of the day. ITV1 was showing Show Me the Funny Live Final which had 2.6 million viewers. Torchwood started with 3.8 million viewers for the first quarter, which fell to 3.2 million, before recovering to 3.4 million.

As always the overnight figure is only half the story with the final ratings, which include those who record the programme and watch it within seven days, being released in 10 days time.

Mondays late night repeat of episode Six, The Middle Men. was watched by 0.3 million.

The première broadcast of the episode on Starz on 19th August achieved 662,000 viewers on it's 9pm showing, with an additional 255,000 on the 11pm repeat that night. This gave an overall total of 917,000 viewers, showing an increase of 14% over the audience for The Middle Men the previous week.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Have to admit, this series has been intriguing all the way, star-studded (though in a clumsy "here's another star cameo to entertain you with" way) and action-packed, with plenty of twisty-turn things along the way. But is definitely getting better with each episode.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/will-there-...es-5-25828.htm
                          Article looking at the future of Torchwood.

Comment

'Torchwood' exec: 'I don't know if there will be more'
                            Published Friday, Oct 28 2011, 10:51am EDT | By Morgan Jeffery

Torchwood's Julie Gardner has admitted that the show's future is uncertain.

The executive producer told Assignment X that only "time will tell" if the sci-fi drama returns to Starz and BBC One.

"I don't know if there will be more," she said. "The thing about there being more or not - you look at Torchwood, and it's always had such a labyrinthine history.

"For this new season, Torchwood has been off the air for two years in the UK. The weird thing is there are some series where that would really matter. It would be a real problem. I think Torchwood is so elastic in some ways and has had such a strange peculiar life."

Gardner went on to suggest that "all options are possible" with regards to the show's future.

"It... has been across so many different channels and so many international audiences, across so many different story structures, and so many numbers of episodes," she explained. "There's no single way forward for the show."

Starz CEO Chris Albrecht first indicated that Torchwood might not return for another season in August.

"Torchwood is not one of the shows we went into thinking about a yearly return," he said. "It's about [series creator] Russell T Davies [because] he has a lot of things on his plate."

> Torchwood: Miracle Day: Success or Failure?

Watch Julie Gardner and Russell T Davies discuss Torchwood: Miracle Day with Digital Spy below:
                            http://bcove.me/zyxlqjfo

Link to original article here: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s8/torc...l-be-more.html

Comment

I would like there to be more, just not like last season. for me it was more like a detective show. i only enjoyed the last 2 episodes, but the thing is you really had to watch them all just to get the jist of the story.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vashta_Nerada View Post
                                I would like there to be more, just not like last season. for me it was more like a detective show. i only enjoyed the last 2 episodes, but the thing is you really had to watch them all just to get the jist of the story.
                                I totally agree! I'd hate for Series 4 to be the last because, IMHO, it was totally "meh" and I rather that not be the last thing we see of Torchwood. It was more like a conspiracy thriller than a sci-fi show. Plus the story arc was dragged out too long and the "American Factor" was too heavy.

Comment

Working...
                                X